Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in Provisional licence

Options
  • 20-07-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

So a friend of mine told me today that he was able to trade in his Irish provisional licence and because he had it for more than a year he was able to get a full Australian driver's licence. Anyone else ever heard of this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

did you hear that in a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Bull ****, you need a full licence for 3 years before getting an full Aussie one.
    Unless it was a human error, it's simply not true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

hussey wrote: »
    Bull ****, you need a full licence for 3 years before getting an full Aussie one.
    Unless it was a human error, it's simply not true

This is true but there are some pretty silly people who work in the Department of Transport over here!..

Can tell you that I know a guy who came over here with me and got his provisional switched to an Australian Open Licence. I know this both because I was there after he done it and seen his Irish provisional licence and his Australian Open Licence. Oh and I also seen his driving :)

People can get lucky but not very often..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Aussie201

yep heard of it happening, and people trading fake licences too.. Most transport offices now take a copy of your licence and check with the RSA department before issuing an aussie licence in the post. They did that for me anyway's down here in Adelaide.

Advertisement