Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy versus cancelled

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Either square are going down or this is BS :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Doesn't surprise me. It's been in development hell for ages from what I've heard. I can't imagine another "FFXIII" is going to grab much attention after so many people hated the latest offering.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly I don't have any faith in Square to make another great RPG anyway, so I don't really mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm getting annoyed with Square - Announced FFX for the PS3 and Vita and nothing in 6 months. It was supposed to be out for the 10 year anniversary, which was last year in Japan and last May here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,665 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yo SquareEnix! Pump the resources into The World Ends With You... Again, and I think we can live with the death of what was sure to be another FF related disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm getting annoyed with Square - Announced FFX for the PS3 and Vita and nothing in 6 months. It was supposed to be out for the 10 year anniversary, which was last year in Japan and last May here!

There's talk of a delayed till after 13-3 comes out.

All these Japanese devs seem to drag on and on and then they just produce some crap, Sony has some of the biggest offenders with their Japanese studios having unacceptably long dev times ( and hence costs).

The Japanese game industry's end has been announced as much as the PC's, PC games prove these people wrong far more often that right but Japan keeps showing how far they've fallen.

There are developers who have produced great games, within budget and quickly but these seem to be limited to the smaller devs who aren't given much resources or time and hardly any room for mistakes.

Some of the biggest modern franchises have been started and in some cases finished in the time it takes 1 game to come out from these studios, it's not nice to wish someone to loose their job but if you can't do it then it's your own fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Christ, if it means saying goodbye to the horrors that were the FFXIII games then I am fine with that.

First FF game of my generation that I have abandoned halfway through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

Christ, I thought you lads were joking but, is there actually a 13 part 3 coming out? If so, that is very depressing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,606 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They should can the whole franchise now imo

Hasnt been my beloved ff for along time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seemed like a complete disaster of a game and to be honest I'm not disappointed that it got cancelled. Nomura has made some terrible games so missing out on another of his games isn't something I'll lose sleep over.

Good news for Kingdom Hearts fans because the reason there was no KH3 was that the main KH team was locked up developing this game. I'd say their new project is salvaging the engine for KH3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I would kill for another traditional FF game. With a world map. And an airship to fly around in. And towns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭noodler

danthefan wrote: »
    I would kill for another traditional FF game. With a world map. And an airship to fly around in. And towns.

I'd kill for some good characters.

No good casts since FFX (hell even the FFX-2 faction leaders were decent).

FF12 had Balthier to an extent and I thought the judges were all cool but main parties were irrelevant.

FF13.....I don't know what to say about the characters in that game.

noodler wrote: »
    I'd kill for some good characters.

No good casts since FFX (hell even the FFX-2 faction leaders were decent).

FF12 had Balthier to an extent and I thought the judges were all cool but main parties were irrelevant.

FF13.....I don't know what to say about the characters in that game.

I had to give up on FF13. I struggled my way to Ch11 or so, then just had to admit to myself that it was ****e and give up. Very upsetting for a series I really loved :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's plenty of excellent RPGs out there that are way better than what the Final Fantasy series has to offer. Just play them if you want a good JRPG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I quite enjoyed FFXIII but given Square Enix's abhorrent behaviour with the sequel, I'll only be buying their games second hand if at all from now on. Other companies are producing superior titles while SE are trying to milk the FF cow for every last cent.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's plenty of excellent RPGs out there that are way better than what the Final Fantasy series has to offer. Just play them if you want a good JRPG.

Could you recommend some? Have Xenoblade, that's about it of recent-ish releases.

Well there's last story, although I've not played that. Best to look to the Handhelds with stuff like Radiant Historia, Persona 3 Portable, Dragon Quest IX, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Tactics Ogre, Ys Seven and Oath in Felghana to name a few off the top of my head. The DS and PSP are brimming with excellent JRPGs.

Other than that it's slim pickings on the 360 and PS3 although if you want to import or wait for the European release then I've heard nothing but good things about Tales of Graces F.

I'll still be supporting Square but only buying good games they bring out, before I would buy everything they publish since you were almost guaranteed a great game, not so much anymore. I did enjoy FFXIII though. It might have been a bad game but it had it's merits not least the amazing battle system which saves the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Could be an interesting game. I'll be getting it second hand after a month or 2 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement