Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Question?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I bought phone, its suposed to be unlocked but i checked the sim card with three and they said it was fine but still i get no signal and says no network but my phone pickeds up the sim, it has 02 start up screen but the guy said he unlocked it is there anyway of checking ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It could be blacklisted if the phone was reported stolen. Do you get signal with any sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 irelandtech92

i only have one sim so i dont know. I tried the sim in another phone and it got sigmal. Also its uk phone in ireland does that matter?

edit: is there any way telling if it was stolen or anything(i dont think it is but i want to check)?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

i only have one sim so i dont know. I tried the sim in another phone and it got sigmal. Also its uk phone in ireland does that matter?

edit: is there any way telling if it was stolen or anything(i dont think it is but i want to check)?

There is a webiste called www.checkmend.com, I think it costs about €3.50 and they send you a report about the iphone.

I've used it a few times , no harm when your buying a secondhand iphone to use the site also..

i just used that site. Got the report there notting up with the phone as far as the report said, it has not been reported stolen or blocked by any network at all. so it either faulty sim card or phone, htc said they sort it if i cant get it working

should 02 uk network htc one x work unlocked on three network ireland for sure???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

i just used that site. Got the report there notting up with the phone as far as the report said, it has not been reported stolen or blocked by any network at all. so it either faulty sim card or phone, htc said they sort it if i cant get it working

Do us a favour, report back if you do find something wrong with the phone. I'd really like to know how accurate that site, is. I can't see why any network would give over details to them.

im not sure how it works i think if its blocked its linked with your imei but i dont know. I dont think its blocked or anything, the guy i bought it off had 3000+ reviews and all positive but still there could be a problem, when i rang three they did not see any problem so i dont know. IM trying another sim from another network tommrow to see how that goes

If its unlocked, there is no reason why the three or any other network card would not work in it?

If its unlocked :)

it is it does not say its locked when i put sim card in .. so it must be phone problem :(

Send it for repair under warranty. Shouldnt matter if the store sold it to you or not. They shoud be able to send the phone away for you anyway. If you go to an independent they will do it for you anyway..

• Advertisement

I sent it away yesterday to the company i bought it from and he said he check it out and if his sim wont work in uk either he will sort it out with HTC, i will let ye know what happens with it anyway. Thanks everyone for there replys

Advertisement