Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8Mb Broadband for €20 a month

Options
  • 20-07-2012 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hello.

I had an eircom sales person call to the door with the offer of 8Mb broadband for €20 a month including line rental. This seems too good to be true and I specifically asked whether this would be the price every month for 12 months and was told yes. Not seeing this deal on the eircom website, can you confirm this is a valid deal and the price won't change after 6 months.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

With Eircom the term 8Mg can be misleading, look again and it will say up to 8Mg.

Try and find out what actual speed you will get before committing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

im not too worried about the speed. I'm wondering if he was leaving out line rental charges, while saying they were included.
    Anyone else get this deal recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Another lying scumbag. :( It is impossible to get 8mbits for €20 a month although it is possible as part of a bundle on occasion ...for an introductory 3 months period perhaps and after subtracting €26 line rental first.

8mbits on its own costs around €50 and as part of a bundle it costs over €50.

If eircom think that sending scumbag salesmen door to door is doing them any good nowadays they must be either utterly delusional or absolutely desperate. Winback complaints come up almost daily in this forum. Telling someone it costs €20 and that there is no line rental is scumbaggery, pure and simple :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

i thought as much. lying to your face and not a flinch. crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

bren50c wrote: »
    Hello.

I had an eircom sales person call to the door with the offer of 8Mb broadband for €20 a month including line rental. This seems too good to be true and I specifically asked whether this would be the price every month for 12 months and was told yes. Not seeing this deal on the eircom website, can you confirm this is a valid deal and the price won't change after 6 months.

Thanks.

Hi bren50c,

Apologies for the delay with a response. Could you PM me the address and phone number please. I'll check if there are any promotions attached to your address. The price does sound very low to be honest but certain addresses sometimes have promotions based around how long the line is inactive (called "trial line"). Either way I can try find the agent who called and address it with his area manager.

Thanks

James

• Advertisement

Hi again bren50c,

Thanks for the PM. Have been able to check in some more detail for you and there is some good news. Your address does qualify for the promo mentioned above. The sales agent was working off a list of leads which included your address, which meets the criteria for our "trial-line" promotion. This means that the line is in place in the house but has not been active for more than 12 months. I'm not sure of the exact amount of the promotion as this offer is only available through our sales channels but to be honest, if quoted €20 it does seem a bit low in comparison to other offers. Our previous trial-line promotion was free line rental for 6 months but not sure if the same deal still applies. What I recommend here is that you call our sales team direct on freephone 1800 503 303 and explain what the door-to-door agent told you. Also tell them that you qualify for trial-line and they will confirm all the details for you.

Regards

James

Eh, can the "trial line" discount be applied against a bundle James...and it is €20 off for 6 months not for the full year of a BB contract or Bundle contract is it not ...the discount in the second 6 months is €5 a month.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Eh, can the "trial line" discount be applied against a bundle James...and it is €20 off for 6 months not for the full year of a BB contract or Bundle contract is it not ...the discount in the second 6 months is €5 a month.

Hi Sponge Bob,

Yes, the previous trial line promotion was separate to any bundle discount that might apply so I would be fairly certain that the new one would follow the same rules. As I said, not 100% of the ins and outs as it's only available through sales but as far as I know it's a 6 month discount with a slightly lower discount for the 2nd 6 months. Again, not certain so I have to point to the direct sales channel.

James

Cool, thanks James.

Advertisement