Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacking in dole for maths gambling sysyem

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

I would'nt have the discipline for it. I gamble recreationally, and I don't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

What? He can scale up. His win % is what matters.
    You are just jealous of how much money he is going to make. He is going to be swimming in money and clunge.

The ability to scale depends on confidence and bankroll and looper has neither of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

WumBuster wrote: »
    I love to see the little guy do well, but we dont live in a world that favours the little guy, do we?

I dont at all, he is too much of a low life to work for a living and seems to look down on those who are willing to work for minimum wage jobs, while sponging off welfare payments to fuel his patethic greed infested fantasies.

Considering the state of the country and the welfare system in place, i hope he ends up homeless and does the country he so willingly exploits a favour by starving to death. This man is the definition of a parasite as far as im concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

zarquon wrote: »
    The ability to scale depends on confidence and bankroll and looper has neither of these.

Green isn't your colour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I had a business associate whom was (could be still) one of Europe's best programmers.
    Using daily digital data (to him) from Ladbrokes and Boyle Sports, over four years he designed a programme (short version story) that would for out of ten races, eight would come first, second or third.
    He was eventually banned from every bookies in his home town of Dundalk such was his success.
    Ladbrokes have offered him serious money a number of times for the application (I suspect more to keep it off the market should it get out - rather than just lose through bets he might make) but as far as I know, he's still sitting on it/using it.
    He's travelled the world from the money he's earned through it (in Canada at present).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Biggins wrote: »
    I had a business associate whom was (could be still) one of Europe's best programmers.
    Using daily digital data (to him) from Ladbrokes and Boyle Sports, over four years he designed a programme (short version story) that would for out of ten races, eight would come first, second or third.
    He was eventually banned from every bookies in his home town of Dundalk such was his success.
    Ladbrokes have offered him serious money a number of times for the application (I suspect more to keep it off the market should it get out - rather than just lose through bets he might make) but as far as I know, he's still sitting on it/using it.
    He's travelled the world from the money he's earned through it (in Canada at present).

I don't understand, on the cartoon racing they have nowadays or actual racing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I've just become a millionaire on sports betting. Here are my results for the last 5 weeks.

week 1: 350,000 euro
    week 2: 200,000 euro
    week 3: 430,000 euro
    week 4: -1 euro
    week 5: 100,000

Its a flawless mathematical equation that has taken me 15 years to complete. I have no proof it works, just the numbers above that I dreamed up of. I dont have any screen shots of my paddy power account history because I dont feel I need to justisfy myself to the likes of ye. But I cannot pay my rent or electricity bill and might get kicked out so any donations to me are helpful. I also posted here because I think my equation is fool proof and I have never gambled with real money on it. I'm a mathematical genious while everyone is an idiot in there 9 to 5 job. Hope I can sponge of someone for rent money

AngeGal wrote: »
    I don't understand, on the cartoon racing they have nowadays or actual racing?

Which you do think!
    Who in gods name is sad enough to watch cartoon racing? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Which you do think!
    Who in gods name is sad enough to watch cartoon racing? :confused:

I meant virtual or whatever the official term is, don't know anything about that so wasn't going to write about if it was that.

I really doubt your story. You leave out key points though, eighty percent of what, favourites? Why was he even bothering going to the bookies? If he is a programmer he is obviously it literate so why not set up an online account? Would be more profitable as it would give him the option of getting the best price from betfair, paddypower,etc?

Story sounds like complete bs - not saying you made it up, maybe your friend exaggerated or whatever.

• Advertisement

I really doubt your story.
    Story sounds like complete bs - not saying you made it up, maybe your friend exaggerated or whatever.

Frankly I can't be arsed telling BS.
    Longer posters around here know me enough to know better than you think you do.
    Believe me or not, its true. I can't be arsed making up crap.
    You leave out key points though, eighty percent of what, favourites? Why was he even bothering going to the bookies? If he is a programmer he is obviously it literate so why not set up an online account? Would be more profitable as it would give him the option of getting the best price from betfair, paddypower,etc?
    * Eighty percent of all money laid down - he gets a return of, in breaking even or ahead.
    * He prefers not to set up an online account for accountability/tax reasons (which is his own decision/issue, I don't get involved nor want to).
    * He gets/places the best price available when according to (among a good number of variables based and accounted for around the principle of the Chaos Theory) the produced permutations based on condition of the actual track, horse track history (short/long term) of the animal, the wins/loses of the trainer, rider owner and many more factors which he incorporated into his programme.
    * It took him four years (plus) to make (not also including validation code of which there was mountains of!), tweak and many, many late nights. He was (and still is I presume) a born mathematical genius and programmer the likes I had not come across before but honoured to meet and work with.
    I assume he's still out there in Canada still tweaking his pride and joy. Frankly, it was (still is!) a bit sad that a good bulk of his life revolves around such a thing but its him. Its what get his 'rocks off'.
    Each to their own!

When he was at home and we hung out, I seen him work his then app at close hand.
    I frankly know very little about the horse racing business, etc so I would be lost when it came to that end of things.
    I can honestly say though that I seen it work for him from the day he trusted me, in telling me of his pride and joy.
    He was a bit of a loner to be honest but that was his world and it worked for him. As I said, each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's hard to believe someone who misuses whom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Frankly I can't be arsed telling BS.
    Longer posters around here know me enough to know better than you think you do.
    Believe me or not, its true. I can't be arsed making up crap.

* Eighty percent of all money laid down - he gets a return of, in breaking even or ahead.
    * He prefers not to set up an online account for accountability/tax reasons (which is his own decision/issue, I don't get involved nor want to).
    * He gets/places the best price available when according to (among a good number of variables based and accounted for around the principle of the Chaos Theory) the produced permutations based on condition of the actual track, horse track history (short/long term) of the animal, the wins/loses of the trainer, rider owner and many more factors which he incorporated into his programme.
    * It took him four years to make, tweak and many, many late nights. He was (and still is I presume) a born mathematical genius and programmer the likes I had not come across before but honoured to meet and work with.
    I assume he's still out there in Canada still tweaking his pride and joy. Frankly, it was (still is!) a bit sad that a good bulk of his life revolves around such a thing but its him. Its what get his 'rocks off'.
    Each to their own!

When he was at home and we hung out, I seen him work his then app at close hand.
    I frankly know very little about the horse racing business, etc so I would be lost when it came to that end of things.
    I can honestly say though that I seen it work for him from the day he trusted me, in telling me of his pride and joy.
    He was a bit of a loner to be honest but that was his world and it worked for him. As I said, each to their own.

Never get in the way of Biggins and self justifying logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I believe your story biggins but would just like to point out the futility of saying "I couldn't be bothered makin stuff up." because that is exactly what somebody would say after they just made up a story.

It doesn't really help your case. And you clearly do care if people believe you or not. Maybe not alot, but atleast a little because people who don't give a toss, dont write long answers that long.

There are genius people out there. I can believe that this guy exists. People who beat the system don't crow about it.....because once it gets out they lose their edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Was it a professional footballer you can't name that came up with that system Biggins?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭looper333

I hope he is a young guy with a dream. If he is an old guy with a dream with nothing to show for his life then he the ultimate dreamer and will possess half the ability he thinks he has. I would be interested to know his age actually and his employment record. That will tell a lot about his discipline to follow through. To be honest, there are so many flags and concerns about his statements that i'm still not sure if he is just trolling. He is purposefully ambiguous. I think you have hit the nail on the head with gamblers fallacy. He is a textbook case of someone suffering with gamblers fallacy.

Funny how Wum buster believes you make money straight away from system even though he continually posted it was impossible.

It seems everything i am being blamed for is is evident in the recent posts. Ok well done you have a 9 to 5 job , that is up to you and if you read properly instead of picking out what you want to see to suit your own agenda of snide remarking , you would see i said well done for having a job to poster in question and that it was good he paid taxes etc. I just said it wasn't for me. S big difference than the way you perceived it. If you continue to only see what you want to see then i hope you are a young boy who can grow up and see the error of his mistakes.... did that sound arrogant and patronizing... fancy that.

You also failed to notice i said i had made 2k a week many years ago for a while, not gambling, that i had lived the high life and had been homeless but i was probably just as happy being homeless ( if not happier) That too probably went over your head and didn't fit into your delusion of grandeur attitude that has WUM all a fluster and contradicting himself to the point of embarrassment.

I was open to my poor bankroll management and discipline but why did you ignore that this was voluntary information and that i also suggested this may be different in the future as i never had a method i was confident with in order to stick to religiously. It didn't fit into your vile outburst is why. For someone who professes to make so much money you really fail to see al factors involved in entire picture. I already said my betting record was atrocious and wreckless in the past and that is why i started to study harder into the math side as before it was just about action as i had plenty of money coming in elsewhere. Also my age, can you not put points together in order to get a rough figure.. ie I said years of study, that many years ago i was earning 2k a week , that i had run my own business very successfully... again for somebody so smart you fail to process simple comprehension.. makes me think you are just a troll making it up as he goes along... whoops there is go with repeating a line of one poster in order to give him an example of his own attitude.. i hope he doesn't repeat it thinking i meant it as my character... i do hope he is smart enough to get that... very unlikely.

I remember now why i never go near forums as they are full of sad people like this who aren't pretty enough to ever attract an exceptionally attractive woman with intelligence , wit and character. God made you that ugly for a reason. I believe in having some craic, helping people, being positive with my fellow beings... all you get on forums is morons like you tripping themselves up with garbage but never seeing the mistakes you make. Thankfully people like yourself and the other poster who wants me to starve to death will be wiped out off this planet in the coming year ... try to find some light , repent the sins of your vile characters and perhaps you will be spared.

and never bet on a SUNDAY

I do thank you vile people for giving me added motivation to beat my poor discipline, this is probably what i was looking for.

Kirby wrote: »
    ...There are genius people out there. I can believe that this guy exists. People who beat the system don't crow about it.....because once it gets out they lose their edge.

Firstly, the last point you make "once it gets out they lose their edge."
    How could he lose his 'edge' exactly?
    He wasn't selling it (to begin with).
    Also, there are many companies that provide the statics info he earlier also used.
    Are you saying the likes of Ladbrokes are going to alter those numbers just to stop someone? (it would be also illegal by the way)
    Are you saying the likes of Ladbrokes are going to alter every horse race so that no one can try and account for variables?
    ...Because they know he also wrote a successful (for him) application, because they know now (and then) he did it, was he suddenly going to become more stupider because of it?
    What variables are going to be further altered and how?
    How was he going to lose his 'edge' ?

He didn't 'crow' about it though. He was one of the best programmers I have experienced.
    He started off writing the thing in Basic first many years ago, then switched to Visual Basic as a front end architecture. He wasn't happy with his creation though and then after that using a purchased (legit licenced and still bloody expensive at the time) copy of Borland Delphi we had to buy for a security job we had to do, additionally used that because he felt that the Delphi could handle SQL databases, multiple indexes and validation code far better than Microsoft's own VB could. The complier too within Delphi also was streets ahead (backed up by also using Free Pascal). The 'report' function was far better also for producing output also and compiling them into readable format.

The man was (and still is, could be) recognised as Europes top programmers. He was well known with in the programming top community. He kept very much to himself. It came as no surprise to us that Ladbrokes got wind of his winnings, they probably looked into the man and his background, worked out what/how he was doing it. In that, it didn't take a genius to work out how he was successful against the likes of them, and they kopped it. They put two and two together.

There are many racing applications (a simple search like HERE will show this) and additionally, companies exist which help provide the statistics (EXAMPLE 1 - EXAMPLE 2) that can be easily fed into an app.
    He just created one over many years which worked for him and earned him serious money in return.
    I assume it still is.

Beyond providing him with validation help, I had nothing to do with his passion. It was his 'child' and he wasn't parting with it for all the time I associated with him.
    I couldn't at the time, see that happen in the future. Far as I know, he's still holding on to it.
    He earned serious, serious money from the work he does in coding and design alone though his official occupation so money was never a problem.
    He was one of the first source coders for an on-tracking door/cloak room system that is still used the world over. I'm assuming that he's still getting royalties of some description for that alone as each unit is still sold with its underlying, now further tweaked code.

I reread the OP and noticed he spends 42 hours per week on average"studying" the form or 36 if he takes sunday off. I have to say that based on his results he would be better off on minimum wage on average. The results are terrible for those level of hours. I cant believe he criticises those who put similar hours into their jobs as sheep considering that those sheep are making more per hour than he is. The irony seems to be lost on him and actually displays a level of naiveity and immaturity that would lead me to advise him against gambling where such personality weakness will be severely punished. I would wager his gambling history is atrocious based on those weaknesses and on each streak he thought he was on to a sure thing only to lose the run of himself

I have been happier working in jobs earning 5 euros a hour than ones earning 20 euros an hour. It all depends on what you are doing. If i had a boss with an attitude like yours i would walk in 5 minutes. I like to work for myself and take away the pain of working with idiots and sheep with nothing good to say to each other. There is a reason why so many people on here with ' 9 to 5 jobs' are going out of there way to be vile towards me for merely suggesting i had a good equation that works and will continue to. You really don't sound like very happy people. This country is a mess because of stupid people like yourselves voting the same stupid people in charge, i was beaten up by the gardai for not letting them search my pockets for 4th time in a fortnight ( going back a decade) kicking me in head while i had handcuffs on. I had nothing illegal on me any of the times and i didn't want them to continually give me abad name by searching me on street, my rights. If had had kidnapped them and beat them i wouild be doing 10 years or more in prison. I have to live with what they did to me. I am owed much more than a poxy 188 a week. If they want to reduce it and starve us to death this countries legions of morons will finally get a nasty shock they need and deserve....I try my best to forgive and forget, not only that but the fact this country stood by and did noithing while thousands of people were murdered and beaten in their own country or at least the bit they sold out for their own deluded sense of freedom... how did that go for them lately ? Including the murder of my brother over a decade ago... let me guess, stop feeling sorry for myself and get a job... what jobs? I feel no remorse of taking benefits, i am owed them and i am owed a living by this state and from morons and cowards that want me to starve to death... i am trying my best to get off the dole nonetheless and by working hard on an equation i asked for some advice and highlighted my financial woes, i was honest. Some of the abuse is unwarranted and just nasty, a very common attitude in this depressing country... i should move away then, yes i have done before and i will again as soon as i can and you will be glad to hear i won't be back.. to be fair all the decent people have already left all the begrudgers behind.... but again thanks for the motivation to beat my old discipline problem... i will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Do whatever your happy doing looper. If the system works for you and you make money, well thats great. If not, you tried. Stay positive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

while thousands of people were murdered and beaten in their own country or at least the bit they sold out for their own deluded sense of freedom.
    :)

I assume u are referring to troubles in northern Ireland. I love the way you sound so patrotic for your country and yet feel you have the right to sponge off the state to fund your gambling. why notserve your country now in the war against economic decline and get a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

OP is delusional. Simple as that. Delusional or a liar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Fair play, I reckon you should go for it. I mean if all goes to hell, you still have dole haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

You dont even know what an edge is. Stop posting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

I use a system also but it's tough going as only pays around 10% - 20% in an average month.

It a system for placing horses based on the time they have clocked, the weight they carried while clocking that time and the average times of those race tracks on the going of those particular days.

It's based on the principal of fitness, as if horses are capable of clocking these times, they are fit and so selections are chosen based on that level of fitness.

Of course, with cheating and running horses to freshen them up and/or below par in an effort to lower their mark, it is not a perfect science - however, it's is profitable for me and massively so for others.

One of the main reasons it's such a tedious system is that it's hard to find races where he majority are not all of a similar fitness and so that is why I stick to the place market (usually Betfair as it's better value).

Today for instance, only one horse I feel qualifies under the system as showing a higher level of speed/fitness over most of it's rivals and still offering some value (many do but they are far too short) and that is:

Tropical Beat in the 2.50 Ascot @ 2.75 (7/4) in the place market.

Have to say though, I really do admire people like J.P. and Barney Curley - legends. Must be great satisfaction in taking bookies to the cleaners. I know BC cheated but knowing someone who works high up in one of the well known high street bookies, I can tell you for a fact that they cheat also.

They have moles in most (if not all) trainer's stables and if they hear that a horse is not going tom run it's race (for whatever reason) they will enhance it's price ALL day and take as much money on it as possible, safe in the knowledge that it won't win and to my mind, that is cheating just as much as it is when BC runs a plot horse and does the reverse (not a popular man with the jockey club though):

CiaranC wrote: »
    You dont even know what an edge is. Stop posting.

Great post, well argued!

..And no, I won't stop posting. Your not a mod to tell me to do so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

looper333 wrote: »
    The overall profits for Sunday is about even. It is still a factor i am analyzing with great interest but a factor i thought of very early on. Sunday racing is different in my view for numerous reasons. However the main reason is i would prefer to keep Sundays off and if my thoughts are correct i won't be losing any or an awful lot of profit for doing so. Sundays are included though if not in profit on Saturday , not just because i am looking to get into profit but because the equations say there is an increased chance of profit on that day.

to be fair it makes no sense at all to leave out Sundays (do you work on Sundays), it is still horse racing the horse does not know it is Sunday, the only difference would be if the horses running on Sunday had to wear clogs instead of horse shoes, and even if this was the case you would still be able to factor it into your system once you had enough data on it.

if you were a friend of mine and you told me this story, I would be telling you, would you go way outa that your full of mad dogs sheit and do not be going round telling anyone else what you have told me or people will start to worry about you, but your not my friend so there is no point giving you this advice,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In the Belfield Office Park, in South Dublin next to UCD, the biggest office there used to be occupied by the Compaq computer company, who merged in to Hewlett Packard. (I know this because I used to work there.) A couple of years ago they finally moved all their operations to HP's campus in Leixlip, and the new occupant of my old office is... Paddy Power. They call it the Power Tower.

In the Power Tower they have hundreds of staff, some of which have Master's or PhDs in Maths and related subjects. They can afford to hire some of the best and brightest analytical minds in Ireland - not just from UCD - and house them all in a big office building. Paddy Power's stock has been doing very nicely on the Irish Stock Exchange.

Who do you think pays for all that? If you gamble with Paddy Power, you do. Paddy Power is a large company that dedicates all its resources and corporate intelligence towards one goal: separating punters from their money. They are very good at it. Other betting companies may not be quite as big or quite as good at it, but the goal is the same. Good luck to the OP, then: he's going to need it. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

fair play to people who choose a 9 to 5 job,thats their choice ? what sort of crap is that ? its not a choice ,its a job.why should taxpayers support your deluded schemes,you deserve the 188e you get ? you contribute nothing,your a fraud

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Yeah but its the exchanges. Or Something. Even though the over-round with a bookies is often smaller than the ridiculous commission on the exchanges. Or Something. My friends uncles cousins wife has a sure fire mathematical method for beating the markets and she casually told me so I could post the details on boards.ie. Or something. Zzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I did similar with a system for football. Made profit for 3 years then the 4th year hit a wall and I abandoned it before I lost too much of the previous 3 year gains. Best of luck yourself anyway.

pontia wrote: »
    fair play to people who choose a 9 to 5 job,thats their choice ? what sort of crap is that ? its not a choice ,its a job.why should taxpayers support your deluded schemes,you deserve the 188e you get ? you contribute nothing,your a fraud

All the 188 goes straight back into system anyhow, take away all the dole and you take away all that money which would go to landlords, companys that deal in internet, electricity... supermarkets, corner shops. my 188 is keeping them in their jobs. I choose to live the only life i have as free as i can from hate, greed and horrible people that generally make up a large majority on this island. I encourage them all to work 9 to 5 if they can be happy and respectful as they do, most of them are not though and if that kind of work turns them that way then i am best to avoid that. After all everything they work for can be taken off them in a flash by people who control their destiny. It is smart not to be caught in that trap. I have made great money before and i regularly tipped taxi drivers 20 or 30 euros a time and i bought many people drinks, food... a lot of them wouldn't return the favor. I am owed compensation from the state for their actions but i will never see it, in the meantime all these pepple in debt who work around the clock have to pay taxers for my dole but a lot more for bankers bonuses. I tried warning them all 15 years ago so my conscience is clear. If i lose money gambling then i keep the people working there in a job also, they should be grateful. When i get back on my feet again i will again give back more than i have ever taken, if my equation goes wrong, which it won't as far as overall average , if it did though then i will keep collecting the dole i deserve , if they stop it i will either steal it or starve... good job i worked very hard trying to figure out an alternative being that of an equation those in Paddy tower would be happy using.. at least i didn't spend it drinking or taking drugs.. God rewards those with greater intentions of good no matter how confusing they may be to the weaker minds out there who only know how to spread hate and bile to cover up their own shortcomings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Without getting into how ridiculous I think you are for your 'system' and your general obsession with gambling, there is something that hit me in this thread.

You owe money to people. You're on the dole. You are contemplating not bothering to pay your rent simply because you want to start betting based on your system/calculations. You are estimating that you'd have several months before your landlord could get a forced eviction.

Do you not realise what a scummy thing that is to do? In the midst of a crippling financial depression, you're going to leave your landlord out of pocket? Really? I don't care if you don't bother paying your ESB bills. The company is huge and can afford the loss. Your landlord however, may not be able to afford it.

It's people like you who cause others here to say that the dole is too high. The dole is supposed to help you to live, not allow you to gamble willy nilly and leave your landlord and service providers out of pocket because of your own selfishness and greed.

For your sake, I genuinely hope that your plan succeeds, but I highly doubt that it will. You remind me of somebody close to me, who was a gambling addict for years. Made millions, then lost everything.

Oh an on a side note - somebody said you can still claim the dole while gambling. That's not true. You have to be actively seeking work, and based on the hours the OP is putting in to his 'calculations,' he is not leaving himself enough time to seek work. Aside from that, he's already stated that he will not work a low paying job (despite the fact that it would leave him a lot better off than he is now), so he's actually not a fit candidate for unemployment payments even as it is now.

All the 188 goes straight back into system anyhow, take away all the dole and you take away all that money which would go to landlords, companys that deal in internet, electricity... supermarkets, corner shops. my 188 is keeping them in their jobs. I choose to live the only life i have as free as i can from hate, greed and horrible people that generally make up a large majority on this island. I encourage them all to work 9 to 5 if they can be happy and respectful as they do, most of them are not though and if that kind of work turns them that way then i am best to avoid that. After all everything they work for can be taken off them in a flash by people who control their destiny. It is smart not to be caught in that trap. I have made great money before and i regularly tipped taxi drivers 20 or 30 euros a time and i bought many people drinks, food... a lot of them wouldn't return the favor. I am owed compensation from the state for their actions but i will never see it, in the meantime all these pepple in debt who work around the clock have to pay taxers for my dole but a lot more for bankers bonuses. I tried warning them all 15 years ago so my conscience is clear. If i lose money gambling then i keep the people working there in a job also, they should be grateful. When i get back on my feet again i will again give back more than i have ever taken, if my equation goes wrong, which it won't as far as overall average , if it did though then i will keep collecting the dole i deserve , if they stop it i will either steal it or starve... good job i worked very hard trying to figure out an alternative being that of an equation those in Paddy tower would be happy using.. at least i didn't spend it drinking or taking drugs.. God rewards those with greater intentions of good no matter how confusing they may be to the weaker minds out there who only know how to spread hate and bile to cover up their own shortcomings.

I think I see the makings of a very good movie here.

A Shakespearian comedy of errors?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

WumBuster wrote: »
    Never get in the way of Biggins and self justifying logic
    bnt wrote: »
    In the Belfield Office Park, in South Dublin next to UCD, the biggest office there used to be occupied by the Compaq computer company, who merged in to Hewlett Packard. (I know this because I used to work there.) A couple of years ago they finally moved all their operations to HP's campus in Leixlip, and the new occupant of my old office is... Paddy Power. They call it the Power Tower.

In the Power Tower they have hundreds of staff, some of which have Master's or PhDs in Maths and related subjects. They can afford to hire some of the best and brightest analytical minds in Ireland - not just from UCD - and house them all in a big office building. Paddy Power's stock has been doing very nicely on the Irish Stock Exchange.

Who do you think pays for all that? If you gamble with Paddy Power, you do. Paddy Power is a large company that dedicates all its resources and corporate intelligence towards one goal: separating punters from their money. They are very good at it. Other betting companies may not be quite as big or quite as good at it, but the goal is the same. Good luck to the OP, then: he's going to need it. :cool:

He is using exchanges. Lets explain the difference here. There are guys who say "you can never win". Generally without proof. What they say is:

1) You can't win against a Casino. The Casino always wins.
    2) You can't win in a Casino.The Casino always wins. The casino takes a cut.

However exchanges are totally different to bookies. For one thing they don't really share information. An individual gambler on BetFair betting for his team is not talking to other "bookies", nor is he spreading information by offloading bets. Thats what effects the normal bookie market, and it is not happening on BetFair. Prices can, therefore, be easily divorced from reality.

The Casino does always make money - not "win". In fact both those statments are not true, but 1) is truer than 2)

For 1) you can win with card counting, but they ban it. There were the MIT blackjack team as well - thats the game to go for if you want to take down the casino. This disproves the you can never win, no known system malarky etc. However, mostly you cant.

2) is just wrong. Casinos allow people to play against each other, like in Poker, and a good poker player can live of it. He just beats the other guys.

Exchanges are a bit like Poker games as it happens.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Without getting into how ridiculous I think you are for your 'system' and your general obsession with gambling, there is something that hit me in this thread.

You owe money to people. You're on the dole. You are contemplating not bothering to pay your rent simply because you want to start betting based on your system/calculations. You are estimating that you'd have several months before your landlord could get a forced eviction.

Do you not realise what a scummy thing that is to do? In the midst of a crippling financial depression, you're going to leave your landlord out of pocket? Really? I don't care if you don't bother paying your ESB bills. The company is huge and can afford the loss. Your landlord however, may not be able to afford it.

It's people like you who cause others here to say that the dole is too high. The dole is supposed to help you to live, not allow you to gamble willy nilly and leave your landlord and service providers out of pocket because of your own selfishness and greed.

For your sake, I genuinely hope that your plan succeeds, but I highly doubt that it will. You remind me of somebody close to me, who was a gambling addict for years. Made millions, then lost everything.

Oh an on a side note - somebody said you can still claim the dole while gambling. That's not true. You have to be actively seeking work, and based on the hours the OP is putting in to his 'calculations,' he is not leaving himself enough time to seek work. Aside from that, he's already stated that he will not work a low paying job (despite the fact that it would leave him a lot better off than he is now), so he's actually not a fit candidate for unemployment payments even as it is now.

he works on Sundays.

By golly i think you got it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Forrest Gump?

Forrest Gump?

the wizard of boards.ie

• Advertisement

Lynda my landlord is not out of pocket, quite the reverse since i moved in, he gets paid by the council every month no fail while i pay a sum to council. I have bought new sofa etc and painted place so landlord will be very happy. The council are crying over 160 quid but when i go down there they act as if they are surprised i responded to their letter. I owed them 1700 this time last year but i then won 20K in a civil court case and paid them plus 8 months in advance. They know i am good for it. As for jobs... there is no jobs Lynda, not for my expertise and yes even i have one. II work very hard on my other unpaid job, nothing to do with gambling. I will give them all the answers they want to hear, a game they know well. It won't be forever.

The thing is i have very little debt, a couple hundred quid, i am not the big problem of this country but as long as the real problem people can point to me as being the big problem, then the real problem will never be addressed as the sheep follow their masters rues.

Lynda my landlord is not out of pocket, quite the reverse since i moved in, he gets paid by the council every month no fail while i pay a sum to council. I have bought new sofa etc and painted place so landlord will be very happy. The council are crying over 160 quid but when i go down there they act as if they are surprised i responded to their letter. I owed them 1700 this time last year but i then won 20K in a civil court case and paid them plus 8 months in advance. They know i am good for it. As for jobs... there is no jobs Lynda, not for my expertise and yes even i have one. II work very hard on my other unpaid job, nothing to do with gambling. I will give them all the answers they want to hear, a game they know well. It won't be forever.

The thing is i have very little debt, a couple hundred quid, i am not the big problem of this country but as long as the real problem people can point to me as being the big problem, then the real problem will never be addressed as the sheep follow their masters rues.

it gets better.

oh and i try my best not to work on Sundays... it is the day of rest, this country needs to regain faith before it is too late and trust me that day is a lot closer than you may think... a lot closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Oh, okay. So what you're telling us is that the council pays your rent, the government pays your wages and you do basically nothing in return, because you 'are good for it' if you fall into more debt.

There ARE jobs out there. They may not be in your level of expertise, but there are jobs nonethless. But, as you said you will not work in a low paying job, and are spending around 36-42 hours per week on your calculations, you are very unlikely to get a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Fûck this. Troll.

Oh, okay. So what you're telling us is that the council pays your rent, the government pays your wages and you do basically nothing in return, because you 'are good for it' if you fall into more debt.

There ARE jobs out there. They may not be in your level of expertise, but there are jobs nonethless. But, as you said you will not work in a low paying job, and are spending around 36-42 hours per week on your calculations, you are very unlikely to get a job.

I don't have a medical card.. i could get one and tell doctor i am mental , go on sick and that would solve that problem. I am not about to do that though. I have a clear conscience. I know how the system really works and i will not be anybodies slave so stupid people not happy with their own lives can sat to themselves ' at least he is feeling pain too'. I have higher hopes than that and i know i can achieve them, this is all just part of it. I owe people nothing, the bigger picture tells a different story than that of brainwashed 12% loaded minds.

I'm off to study now for days racing, hopefully it is a very bad day today ... the equation expects it to be.. on a Sunday. I am not getting paid for it so it can't be work. There are more than 36 hours in a week you know... i really don;t think that will stand up in court in yourr attempt to justify starving me to death to save the taxpayer 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001p every week... where is the evil here ? Repent your sins before it is too late

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

keep taking the tablets you nutter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Firstly, the last point you make "once it gets out they lose their edge."

If your story is true then the general formula that bookies use to come up with the odds is flawed (at least in some situations), and they're offering bets that average a profit for the punter. If the bookies has access to the new system they would alter their odds to give themselves a profit margin, which would negate his edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Funny, that was my thought.
    oh and i try my best not to work on Sundays... it is the day of rest, this country needs to regain faith before it is too late and trust me that day is a lot closer than you may think... a lot closer
    With the religious tones throughout isn't gambling frowned upon by most religions?

Anyway, been following this thread and I barely post as I find not a lot of people can ever see any other view but their own. Gambling is not something I would do personally, but if you are legit I wish you best of luck and if you are trolling or researching a filum good luck with that too! Life is too short to not do what you want to do!

Fûck this. Troll.

I am no Troll, i was a bit of a looker in my day, i had some beautiful woman chasing me , even when i was skint... woman from every part of the world... i would imagine there are quite a few trolls hanging around these forums mind. I am only here because i am skint... when i have money coming in again i wouldn't be so sad to be hanging around here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement