Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacking in dole for maths gambling sysyem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

looper333 wrote: »
    My goal is to have a nice sideline so i can live, save a little and sort out a few responsibilities. Along with affording a few breaks away as i love to travel and get great inspiration when i do. All this is to help in the final completion of my novel which has always been my goal from before i ever made 2k a week and the likes.
    I say it could prove a good thing in time that i got out of my potential good career because it was something i got into by accident and i was not comfortable with it. I like success and i want to succeed, success for me is to make lots of money but we very happy in my work and for that work to have some lasting meaning to it. I have taken a big step back these last few years and i know this is the time

You are €480 in debt with €350 to your name. You are not in a position to gamble/trade.
    Whatever way you paint it, financially you're on the precipice and not in a position to take risks. There is no debating this fact.

And with respect, whether you can see it or not your emotional position isn't the strongest either.

Is there anyone who you can discuss your plans with face to face, I think you should.
    If you still go ahead the best of luck to you Looper.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭looper333

now thats just silly, you would not sell it for any amount?

I would probably think about selling it after 1 year with auction beginning at 500K. I would have to have some ban statements to back up results in order for them to part with such cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

I am not selling mine. Why would anybody sell a consistent winning system ?

I think it's time for the men in the white coats my friend or else a man of your genius, i think you are wasted on this stuff, you should be developing a hypothesis to cure cancer

Sunday results profit of 47 after a very poor start. Not often turn about like that in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

I actually don't know about the odds. I was told the odds by my friend. In terms of stats he said 100s to 1 for a team to win if 2-0 down with a quarter to go. I jjust looked at the European and world cup and no team came back from 2-0 at all; however that's a 100 or so games, not a few hundred. I will take a look at the premiership later. He told me this system because he didn't use it, as he had better ones. The point is to demo you just need to be better at the maths than the average punter.

As for horse racing, too many variables. It's not one on one like football or tennis, it also depends on the jockey, the other horses, the ground. And with national hunt it becomes even more precarious. Betting on anything where a horse could fall is mugs game. All systems bet on favourites at low odds.

Had a look through all of the world cups today (1938-2010) out of interest - 129 matches have had a 2 goal difference with 15 minutes left, of those matches, the team that was winning by 2 goals won in 128 of the games, with South Korea ( vs Spain, 1994) being the only team to gain a draw.

will have a look through the Premier League results later, but perhaps your mates system is better than I initially gave it credit for :)

Sunday results profit of 47 after a very poor start. Not often turn about like that in a day.

Ya i definitely dont think you should gamble on Sundays, they dont seem to like you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 surestew

From reading the start of your thread you remind me of a friend who had a system with betting, He became obesses with the idea and talked like you about facts and figures that only make sense in his head and the so called system he was later found out to be bi poler so imo from reading your posts and answers i think your not of sound mind and for get about system for your own good no one beats the bookies.

surestew wrote: »
    From reading the start of your thread you remind me of a friend who had a system with betting, He became obesses with the idea and talked like you about facts and figures that only make sense in his head and the so called system he was later found out to be bi poler so imo from reading your posts and answers i think your not of sound mind and for get about system for your own good no one beats the bookies.

ok so you had one friend with a system who was mad and that makes everybody else mad who have a system... you think that amateur psychology comes from sound thinking do you ?

ok so you had one friend with a system who was mad and that makes everybody else mad who have a system... you think that amateur psychology comes from sound thinking do you ?

System would'nt be mad if you could prove it worked. why not show us what you bet on before the races begins and why you bet on such a race.?.

surestew wrote: »
    System would'nt be mad if you could prove it worked. why not show us what you bet on before the races begins and why you bet on such a race.?.

If you can't work out why i would take a winning system to the grave then maybe you turned your friend mad....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

If you can't work out why i would take a winning system to the grave then maybe you turned your friend mad....

No need to tell us the system just name every bet before the event and not list off 10 winners and one loser at the end of saturday football.
    The thread is kinda pointless unless you can do that.

The so called system does not even benefit you as you only use monoploy money. To prove everyone your system works for couple of days show us bets before there off and the proof is if they win. other wise your living in lala land.

No need to tell us the system just name every bet before the event and not list off 10 winners and one loser at the end of saturday football.
    The thread is kinda pointless unless you can do that.

There is more to it than just picking winners. If i were to do it all week then it would give too much away. Staking plan, type of races etc would give somebody too much insight. The point of thread was never going to be to prove it. I am sure we can think of a way to prove it once in live play and further down line when money is made, a donation or stunt maybe. Anything other than that can easily be argued is not substantial evidence.

There is more to it than just picking winners. If i were to do it all week then it would give too much away. Staking plan, type of races etc would give somebody too much insight. The point of thread was never going to be to prove it. I am sure we can think of a way to prove it once in live play and further down line when money is made, a donation or stunt maybe. Anything other than that can easily be argued is not substantial evidence.

Well if it works for you all the better, at least it'll be one less person on the dole. In fact, the government, to tackle unemployment, should be encouraging people to develop their own systems to beat the bookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I do not know about your system looper333, but you sure get 1st prize for keeping a thread going, you never answered my earlier question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

What was the point of this thread then?

I do not know about your system looper333, but you sure get 1st prize for keeping a thread going, you never answered my earlier question.

i did answer your last Q

dirtyden wrote: »
    What was the point of this thread then?

I answered that too a few times, maybe we have exhausted the introduction.

Next stage is required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

You're gambling maths? Well I raise you english and french! Your move!

• Advertisement

I answered that too a few times, maybe we have exhausted the introduction.

Next stage is required

You have not answered anything.

You have suggested you have invented a foolproof gambling system, but obviously lack confidence in it if you are on here to seek moral support.

But you have not given any details or evidence as to how the system works or how it could be risk free. Were you looking for advice, moral support? You dont want to tell anyone about your system (that is somewhat understandable, if you actually had a system) but then why post here at all about it. Nothing you have posted here makes any sense but it is amusing.

arodabomb wrote: »
    You're gambling maths? Well I raise you english and french! Your move!

touche

You have suggested you have invented a foolproof gambling system, but obviously lack confidence in it if you are on here to seek moral support.

But you have not given any details or evidence as to how the system works or how it could be risk free. Were you looking for advice, moral support? You dont want to tell anyone about your system (that is somewhat understandable, if you actually had a system) but then why post here at all about it. Nothing you have posted here makes any sense but it is amusing.

It's based on complex mathematical equations. It dosent work as well on Sundays. I think the intial reason the OP started this thread was to ask opinions whether he should use his rent and food money to start this infallible system or if he should wait. Its a thread more suited to the gambling or PI forum as he would get more constructive advice but he chose AH, probably as there would be more responses and more room to get into arguments and vent his personal views.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Are you betting online or in the bookies? Show us your proof, that you are actually betting and winning money! Show us your profit for today. All you have to do is:

1) take a screen of all the bets you placed today and paste into microsoft paint
    2) If you do not want to show us what you were betting on then paint over the bets you picked while leaving the profit/bet margins in tact. We wont be able to see what you were betting on
    3) Do this every day for a week. We will then believe you. Otherwise your one of the most deluded trolls this board has ever seen!

I don't think i asked for anything but i did get motivation to improve my discipline... the key

I don't think i asked for anything but i did get motivation to improve my discipline... the key

Well the very best of luck with it if you do have a system.

Although with your system wishing you luck is futile.

• Advertisement

Well the very best of luck with it if you do have a system.

Although with your system wishing you luck is futile.

Thank u and there is, it will get proved at some stage without being revealed. Going live on Tuesday with min bank to begin low stakes and will slowly build up.

Its a completely different ball game from doing it in theory or on ''paper trail'' than doing it with real money. The emotional pressure is wa-ay greater

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Don't mind them OP, they are only a bunch of cretins. If you would allow me to suggest, oh gambly one, when you win enough you can buy boards.ie and ban them all.

Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Don't mind them OP, they are only a bunch of cretins. If you would allow me to suggest, oh gambly one, when you win enough you can buy boards.ie and ban them all.

Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!

lol I knew it would be good, to be on the safe side, looper333 you is the man,

its kinda like going to mass just in casey.

.............. After numerous tweaks i have one that has produced the following results of paper trail only.( all based on horse racing but no knowledge of racing needed, only math)

Week 1 = 145
    2= 245
    3= 148
    4= 438 ( 1 day)
    5 = 447
    6 = 198
    7 = 277
    8 = 501
    9 = 634
    10= -201
    11= 444
    12= 456
    13= 322
    14= 315
    15= 356
    16= -57
    17= 70..............................
    If i do it and results remain positive then how long before i cut off security of dole ?

17 weeks isn't long enough to trial any system really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I actually don't know about the odds. I was told the odds by my friend. In terms of stats he said 100s to 1 for a team to win if 2-0 down with a quarter to go. I jjust looked at the European and world cup and no team came back from 2-0 at all; however that's a 100 or so games, not a few hundred. I will take a look at the premiership later. He told me this system because he didn't use it, as he had better ones. The point is to demo you just need to be better at the maths than the average punter.
    You are very confused. Laying outcomes at 100s to 1 for tiny profit takes a huge bankroll and is the riskiest strategy possible on the exchanges. If even one or two lays come up you are finished. There are far easier ways to make money than this, a term deposit account would pay higher without the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

CiaranC wrote: »
    You are very confused. Laying outcomes at 100s to 1 for tiny profit takes a huge bankroll and is the riskiest strategy possible on the exchanges. If even one or two lays come up you are finished. There are far easier ways to make money than this, a term deposit account would pay higher without the risk.

Where the **** did I say anything about laying off at 100-1. Can you actually read or are you just capable of creating you own idiotic straw man arguments?

Go back and read the system. Here's a remedial version: You offer 10-1 to the other guy that the team 2-0 down with a quarter to go won't win, the odds of him winning are more than 100-1, as we have worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Where the **** did I say anything about laying off at 100-1. Can you actually read or are you just capable of creating you own idiotic straw man arguments?

Go back and read the system. Here's a remedial version: You offer 10-1 to the other guy that the team 2-0 down with a quarter to go won't win, the odds of him winning are more than 100-1, as we have worked out.
    Please demonstrate how a team scoring two goals to equalise in the last 15 minutes is a 100-1 shot. You will need a set of several thousands of matches to show it. By the way, there were two professional football matches in this country yesterday and this happened in one of them.

And you can offer what you like, doesnt mean youll get matched. If you think there are people queuing up to snap up 10-1 on a 100-1 shot on Betfair you are deluded. Sure wouldnt we all be rich in that case? Why would anyone work in the sports gaming industry if it was so easy to make free money?

I saw a team go 3-1 up yesterday in the Mexican league, their opponents drifted out to 60 in the lay market, and that was with only an hour played. I think there was less than 500 up for it. Say you took it all, whats that, an 8 quid profit returned from your brilliant scheme? It would be a while before you could retire, in fairness.

Even if it did work. In order to make money from this, you would have to lay huge money, which simply isnt available on these markets. Go read about liquidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

WumBuster wrote: »
    Its a completely different ball game from doing it in theory or on ''paper trail'' than doing it with real money. The emotional pressure is wa-ay greater

Anyone wishing to take their gambling seriously will have to overcome this. Emotions lead to bad decisions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

CiaranC wrote: »
    Please demonstrate how a team scoring two goals to equalise in the last 15 minutes is a 100-1 shot. You will need a set of several thousands of matches to show it. By the way, there were two professional football matches in this country yesterday and this happened in one of them.

Sure CeeGee looked into it, just for the world cup. And siad:

Had a look through all of the world cups today (1938-2010) out of interest - 129 matches have had a 2 goal difference with 15 minutes left, of those matches, the team that was winning by 2 goals won...

Yes you would need more, but I trust my friend looked into it.
    And you can offer what you like, doesnt mean youll get matched. If you think there are people queuing up to snap up 10-1 on a 100-1 shot on Betfair you are deluded. Sure wouldnt we all be rich in that case? Why would anyone work in the sports gaming industry if it was so easy to make free money?

You would, wouldnt you. You doubt the 100-1. You just did in the last paragraph. We are not all rich, because people - like you - don't get the odds.
    I saw a team go 3-1 up yesterday in the Mexican league, their opponents drifted out to 60 in the lay market, and that was with only an hour played. I think there was less than 500 up for it. Say you took it all, whats that, an 8 quid profit returned from your brilliant scheme? It would be a while before you could retire, in fairness.

Nobody is suggesting to retire. The odds would depend on the games being played.

If Chelsea go 1 behind to Liverpool, then 2 behind, you'd probbly get them at
    less than 10-1, others in that situation more than 10-1. The thing is to try and average it out.
    Even if it did work. In order to make money from this, you would have to lay huge money, which simply isnt available on these markets. Go read about liquidity.

Who is talking bout living off it. I presented it as an example which might work. You haven't refute it, you've just tried to prove your dubious mathematical credentials that it is not a livable system, I never said it was and I said I didnt use it, nor did the guy who explained it.

The reason why its not going to be used is it is too tedious to use, and doesn't bring in huge money. But, you havent proved it won't actually work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Im going to make the wild assumption that this is just betting on arbitrage. In which case I have a computer program that will tell me when there is arbitrage, the formula is easily found on the internet and isnt that hard to put into excel....

bren2001 wrote: »
    Im going to make the wild assumption that this is just betting on arbitrage. In which case I have a computer program that will tell me when there is arbitrage, the formula is easily found on the internet and isnt that hard to put into excel....[/QUOTE

no not arbitrage as i stated early on in thread. A much bigger banrol is need for that.

A lot of repeats coming still, understandable as people view for firsttime but don't read entire thread. I will put up a few bullet points later. Also there has been a few clues into my method although never enough to give it away. Them clues however do eradicate many other methods it could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is there any reason you would not be able to post a particular days selections ?

Not an explanation as to how they were selected (or why), but simply showing the selections for the day ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Grimebox wrote: »
    Anyone wishing to take their gambling seriously will have to overcome this. Emotions lead to bad decisions

I always though that the whole point of a system was to take the 'emotions' out of the equation.

If the system says you should bet on horse X with a stake of Y. Then that is what you should do.

Monday morning.... time to get slowly down to real business. Checked bank and my little 15 accum winning of 170 have reached bank. I could now pay off the 165 currently owed on rent that would reach council before Thursday meeting i won't be attending. As i get dole early tomorrow in Post office i will have a bankroll of sorts to play with. I need to get shopping for week and buy a new kettle as my current kettle tripped and turned the power off, tried switching it on again but it kept tripping power off so is buggered. I need to get toilet roll as them 9 rolls for 4 euros ( not tesco special, the middle range stuff) they are not worth the price and run out very quickly. better off paying a little extra as more paper on it to wipe with. I had to have a shower this morning after i had a dump, clean my ass the continental way. I will go off now and get shopping in for week, a cheaper shop than usual. i don't eat any fatty foods, only very healthy food. I wil probably buy tobacco although i have cut down over the years to only smoking 1 or 2 12.5g pouches a week of light tobacco. I have an E-cig in mind i want to get soon so i can quit altogether but still enjoy smoking vapor nicotine. If you invest in a good one i think and hear it is well worth it. Although i don't smoke much i have been getting some terrible chest twinges now and again, as if it could be a heart attack one day if the twinge doesn't go away quickly as it has done till now. Actually i will get the weeks shopping tomorrow as i have enough in, will just go out and buy tobacco and a frozen whole chicken leaving me about 160 to play 2 euros a uniit as first day of system. Already that show bad bank management as it isn't a large enough bank to be confident with in case i start off on a bad day as could happen very easily, it average currently at 2 bad days a week. It should be ok though and will get me into swing of things for tomorrow when i will raise it to 4 per unit instead of the 5 i was going to go with. Remember the results shown to date are playing with 10 euros per unit so the average profit for 4 per Unit would be as it stands 16 euros per day profit. That can go along way in developing countries!

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    I always though that the whole point of a system was to take the 'emotions' out of the equation.

If the system says you should bet on horse X with a stake of Y. Then that is what you should do.

That's exactly what I was saying

That's exactly what I was saying

It is that simple in theory and to those with strict discipline. Personally i have yet to prove this characteristic. There is no good reason why i should ever veer from X and Y.

MONDAY PROFIT +14 although only playing 3 per unit +4

MONDAY PROFIT +14 although only playing 3 per unit +4

I actually still don't know what you mean here

With those kind of profits I wouldnt be jacking in the dole too quickly

The +14 would be the profits if playing with 10 euros per unit but as i have only a small bank i played 3 euros for 1 unit so profit was 4 euros. I call it a unit , it is just a ref for staking plan. The bigger the bank the bigger the unit and bigger the profits etc. There has to be a strict staking plan. Any day with positive is a good day. Mondays are usually slow but not a negative day yet in 18 weeks. They all add up is the plan with some days being much more active than an average Monday.

How to i post an image/picture directly or does it have to be an attachment ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

i have only a small bank i played 3 euros for 1 unit so profit was 4 euros

Luxury toilet roll this week then, whoop-di-doo.

BornToKill wrote: »
    Luxury toilet roll this week then, whoop-di-doo.

I actually forgot to get toilet roll this morn when at shops, got my kettle ok (only 10 euros). Luxury bog roll will be acquired tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I don't care if you don't bother paying your ESB bills. The company is huge and can afford the loss.
    I do care. Why should most people pay their bills and a few freeloaders consider themselves to be superior and different and exempt from paying bills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement