Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 PDC World Matchplay Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Alright, mardle just cleared it up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

A funny tweet from Kim Huybrechts today tho I dont think he meant to be

http://twitter.com/kimhuybrechts

http://lockerz.com/s/228125946

Lewis was 4/1 today to win this.
    I think its a good bet the way he's playing.
    Taylor did'nt look great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

guys any link for darts,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Has anybody noticed the chap in the crowd for the both phil taylor games that the camera keeps going to, hes wearing a phil taylor t shirt and has the same power tattoo taylor has, id say hes stailks him lol

ps hard to believe winstanly is even 30 yet
    he looks 40

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Deano should be out of sight here! His doubles are so dodgy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Winstanley bottled it there, has to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Disappointed Winstanley is out, he really needs to sort his doubles out.

Bit of a late finish would they be better off starting at 6?

Just a thought, no real game was entirely close (bar Newton and Pipe you may argue), but you'd have to wonder, hypothetically what if they all went to tie break? If it went to say 1am would they stop? Or just play on all night? Would be interesting :D

Twice Winstanley had momentum going and decided not to go for the bull
    to leave a easy double instead and ended up losing both legs.

• Advertisement

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Bit of a late finish would they be better off starting at 6?

Just a thought, no real game was entirely close (bar Newton and Pipe you may argue), but you'd have to wonder, hypothetically what if they all went to tie break? If it went to say 1am would they stop? Or just play on all night? Would be interesting :D

They'd keep playing.
    Pipe was the cause of the late finish he is like watching paint dry at times.
    I wonder if Pipe has ever played Priestly.:D

robbie1977 wrote: »
    They'd keep playing.
    Pipe was the cause of the late finish he is like watching paint dry at times.
    I wonder if Pipe has ever played Priestly.:D

I wonder what's the record score in the matchplay. Can ya imagine if it went on all night cos a player couldn't win by 2 clear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

cgpg5 wrote: »
    I wonder what's the record score in the matchplay. Can ya imagine if it went on all night cos a player couldn't win by 2 clear!

18-16 Jim Watkins vs Keith Deller 1994. Was painful to watch as Watkins got the yips half way through the game.

On looking further both finals in 98 and 99 were the longest. Both had to be won by two clear legs. Harrington won them both 19-17 against Manley and Baxter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

rocket ronnie wins 16-11, in to his first semi in a major in three years. would love for terry to win this afternoon against lewis

terry reminds me of jimmy white lads, he's been to 7 or 8 finals in majors and is yet to win one , i think he will push ade all the way, i just hope he can pull it off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have met Terry a few times and he is such a sound man. Would love him to win a major. He is playing great so far today, has the makings of a classic.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I have met Terry a few times and he is such a sound man. Would love him to win a major. He is playing great so far today, has the makings of a classic.

he's played a few exbo's in my home town and any of the lads i met said the exact same about terry. do you reckon he can keep up this form as terry does tend to tail off , i just hope he can build up a lead on lewis when this happens :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Those two 121 finishes say that he can! He us really playing great and is just too good for Lewis at the moment. Hopefully he can keep it going.

9-6 to terry now ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a performance by Jenkins! Bully bully!!

• Advertisement

Missed the darts. Raging. Absolutely delighted for Terry! Could this be his year? Would love him to win a major. No-one more deserving imo

What score did Jenkins win? I'm in work all day.

The only bad thing about when Jenkins causes an upset is that, while I'd love to see him win a TV event as much as anyone else, he's done this so many times that I don't believe he ever will. So it feels as if two big names have been knocked out, if that makes sense. Who knows, though? I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Raging I missed it. Why oh why do they have them on during the day?

Raging I missed it. Why oh why do they have them on during the day?

Awful scheduling imo. Surely a 6 o clock start would have been ok? Or over 2 nights for big games like these

Wadey looking good, 6-4 down to 9-6 up.

Jenkins must be sick every time he goes on a run in the Matchplay and runs into Wade. Feel bad for him. I said just yesterday that I didn't believe he had a chance, but was doubting myself after the start he had.

COM ON TERRY!!!

Keep it up son

wow great game.. now wade 11-9 down.

leggo wrote: »
    Jenkins must be sick every time he goes on a run in the Matchplay and runs into Wade. Feel bad for him. I said just yesterday that I didn't believe he had a chance, but was doubting myself after the start he had.

What a great come back from Jenkins, I think you spoke too soon!

• Advertisement

I spoke too soon...

Advertisement