Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 PDC World Matchplay Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

leggo wrote: »
    I spoke too soon...

Maybe not..

I hope the crowd don't start being a**holes when wade is throwing for doubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Why didn't Jenkins bust the score there. D2 was a killer. He wasn't thinking right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Jenkins absolutely blew it.. No words

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I can't believe he didn't bust his score, crazy decision from Jenkins. Well done to Wade winning with crowd on his back but what the hell was Terry at!

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I can't believe he didn't bust his score, crazy decision from Jenkins. Well done to Wade winning with crowd on his back but what the hell was Terry at!

Absolutely criminal for a pro to not bust there. Am devastated. No-one to blame but himself though

Yeess well done James, great game. Feel sorry for the bull but honestly think James can run Taylor close and hey maybe even make him throw three nine darters!.

I think its fair to say it will be Wade vs Taylor final.

If I can think of any consolation, Jenks would prob have rolled over v Taylor anyways. But what a disappointing way to lose. School boy error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

This is worse than I expected, hope Ronnie at least manages to win a leg at some stage.

Stevecw wrote: »
    This is worse than I expected, hope Ronnie at least manages to win a leg at some stage.

I'm sure he will win at least one.
    Bookies have Ronnie at 8/1 to win the game, wtf?.

• Advertisement

How's Taylor playing gents. Didn't see him v hammer but was ordinary v White and King

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He was great against the hammer because he went back to his proper darts.

Ronnie just hasn't showed up at all.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    He was great against the hammer because he went back to his proper darts.

Ronnie just hasn't showed up at all.

Can't stand when people just bottle it when playing Taylor. It's as if they've conceded the game subconsciously before going on stage. Although I see Wade giving him a decent game but he's far too inconsistent during games as of late

Is Taylor overly taking the p1ss here? ALthough when you're winning by that much you'd argue you've a right to

If only Ronnie hit that double 8

Gotya wrote: »
    If only Ronnie hit that double 8

He messed up from 141 really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Taylor has a touch of an advantage with the Betfair logo being part of his shirt, the other lads have an awkward velcrowed version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If Taylor vs. Wade is anything like their last final at the Matchplay, we're in for a treat.

The closest Wade has ever got to Taylor in a Matchplay final is 18-12. He will really need to up his game from last night to improve on that. Hopefully he can bring his "A" game and we could be in for a great game. It's more likely that Taylor will walk it though.

Has Wade ever beaten Taylor in a major lads? I know he has in PL but I'm not counting that. Off the top of my head I can't remember him doing it. They've met a few times in matchplay alright. Wade did ok in 06 didn't he? That was before he came on the scene really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don't think he has, but if you remember the last Matchplay Final it's the match where it took Taylor two nine-darters to win (and finished off with that amazing double bull finish). The scoreline is deceiving, Wade pushed him all the way and kept rallying. It was only after the second nine-darter that Taylor finally got his final push. Probably the second best match I've ever seen (after the first Taylor/Barney World Final).

EDIT: Wait, I think I'm combining two different games there. Either way, fun times ahead. :pac:

leggo wrote: »
    I don't think he has, but if you remember the last Matchplay Final it's the match where it took Taylor two nine-darters to win (and finished off with that amazing double bull finish). The scoreline is deceiving, Wade pushed him all the way and kept rallying. It was only after the second nine-darter that Taylor finally got his final push. Probably the second best match I've ever seen (after the first Taylor/Barney World Final).

EDIT: Wait, I think I'm combining two different games there. Either way, fun times ahead. :pac:

AYe PL final of 2010 I think!

Wade has been far too inconsistent during games so far. Can't realistically see him taking 18 legs off the Power but we shall see!

James never beat Taylor in any of James Wades major wins, someone else always knocked Taylor out.. They were only talking about it last night.

Saying that, come on wadey tonight, i'm gonna have few euro on!!..
    12/1 for either player to have a 9 darter, kinda short i think.

Gotya wrote: »
    James never beat Taylor in any of James Wades major wins, someone else always knocked Taylor out.. They were only talking about it last night.

Saying that, come on wadey tonight, i'm gonna have few euro on!!..
    12/1 for either player to have a 9 darter, kinda short i think.

Remember the final where they were both on a 9dart in the same leg. 08 I think. Cracker. felt sorry for wade that day. Hopefully it's a tight game anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Would love to see Wade beating Taylor tonight, he's brilliant to watch when he's on form. Can't see him doing it though. Taylor to win 18-14

Come on wade, stick with him!..

Very lucky to be only 3-2 down. Very poor start bar that 5th leg. He has to pick up on his scoring.

8-7 Wade is sticking well. Hopefully Power doesn't pull away!

Pretty poor final so far..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Taylor falling apart here

Advertisement