Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Music of Charles Manson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Wow wow wow wow, hold up now, i thought certain aspects of what Manson did were being defended, but now i realise he's actually being defended completely on this thread?

What a load of my bollocks! He was a fúcking psycho!!!! He deserves to be in prison for ordering the murders of people he deemed as "pigs". He's not part of some real life shawshank redemption, he is rightfully imprisoned and that's a fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

You cant fake spending 68 years out of 77 yrs in Prison and reform homes , he has done more time then any man on Earth. Who are you to make out he is fake.

You would crack up if you got 1 year. Lol.

All you are doing is repeating the lies about him in the media, he denies all those things. Whos the bs artist ? Where has Manson said he was the things you claimed above ?

Helter Skelter was a conspiracy made up by the prosecution Manson totally denies.

Manson says an industry has been created around him for people to make money from inc those who prosecuted him who made alot of money from books.

Heres more bs for you to believe.

http://dailyhitler.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/charles-manson-is-illegitimate-son-of.html

CHARLES MANSON IS ILLEGITIMATE SON OF ADOLF HITLER!

Yeah. Manson was so dangerous with his beliefs a massive conspiracy was developed to keep him in jail. Yeah I totally get that.

And back on topic - his music is ****. If it wasn't for the 'persona' that the 'conspiracy' created around him, no one would give half a **** about his music.

And spending 68 years in jail, what the **** does that prove? That makes him 'real'? That's one of the stupidest ****ing statements I've ever heard to justify anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

You cant fake spending 68 years out of 77 yrs in Prison and reform homes , he has done more time then any man on Earth. Who are you to make out he is fake.

You would crack up if you got 1 year. Lol.

All you are doing is repeating the lies about him in the media, he denies all those things. Whos the bs artist ? Where has Manson said he was the things you claimed above ?

Helter Skelter was a conspiracy made up by the prosecution Manson totally denies.

Manson says an industry has been created around him for people to make money from inc those who prosecuted him who made alot of money from books.

Heres more bs for you to believe.

http://dailyhitler.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/charles-manson-is-illegitimate-son-of.html

CHARLES MANSON IS ILLEGITIMATE SON OF ADOLF HITLER!

You sound almost as crazy as him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

You sound almost as crazy as him.

No I just prefer to deal in reality rather then media hysteria and made up names.

There is no evidence of any of the above claims, Manson was convicted on the word of one girl and denied his constitutional right to defend himself, because the judge said he might influence the jury ! As he said he he had been the son of a richman he would have walked.

Anyone who looks at the case will see he was made a scapegoat for the fears middle America had of the counter culture movement, they created Manson the bogeyman to blame for their children going wrong. Nixon said on tv he was guilty before the trial was even over.

This video is by my friend ATWA, (named after the air, trees, water, animals), shes a very good friend of Charles, she has made a video highlighting many of the lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1XYOK9s4c

What a beautiful Soul she has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z92p_moBrJE

Great song, the core of Charles teaching, give up your ego, replace it with love and the eternal mind of a child....thats a beautiful universal message.

Ego

It's in, side
    It's in the back
    The front
    No it's in the back
    No it's in the front
    No it's in the back
    They shoved it in the back
    They put it in the back
    All the love in the back in the back
    All the love in the back
    Get in the back boy

And they call it your subconscious
    TALK:
    Remember Freud
    In the front is your computer
    And I call him
    SING:
    Old ego is a too much thing
    Old ego is a too much thing
    He'll make you fool yourself
    You'll think you're somebody else
    They got the whole subway train
    Makes you want to jump on up there an' fight
    And you can't stand left to your right

He'll make you lie
    Make you cheat
    Jus' so you won't be beat
    He'll make you get on outta sight
    You get afraid you gonna, act like a clown
    And you get mad when somebody puts you down

Your heart's a-pumpin' and you pan-heart's a-jumpin'
    Look out ego is a too much thing
    When everything seems goin' so fine
    Old ego puts itself on a bind
    Your cert'ty turns to doubt
    Then you start flippin' out
    Then you ease on out of your mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hard to believe some of the stuff I'm reading here......
    On one hand you're accusing the world and it's mother of lying,deceiving and covering up but on the other hand you're taking the word of one man(perceived psychopath) as unquestionable truth?????

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Hard to believe some of the stuff I'm reading here......
    On one hand you're accusing the world and it's mother of lying,deceiving and covering up but on the other hand you're taking the word of one man(perceived psychopath) as unquestionable truth?????

Journalists and politicans tell lies, haven't you realised that yet ?

Manson was denied his legal rights.Thats the bottom line.

In other countries it would be a miscarriage of justice.

They owe him an apology for all the hate, violence and rape they put on him since he was 9 years old.

Charles Manson explains what Love is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCb2PrQa3Z4

As he says, he is taking up all the slack for ass... who believe in bogeymen cause politicans who start wars and kills thousands tell them to.

Journalists and politicans tell lies, haven't you realised that yet ?

Manson was denied his legal rights.Thats the bottom line.

In other countries it would be a miscarriage of justice.

They owe him an apology for all the hate, violence and rape they put on him since he was 9 years old.
    Look,I'll be blunt here and bow out of this quickly.
    It's because of impressionable people like you he didn't have to do the dirty work himself.
    It's actually a little disturbing the effect he has on you and many others around the world.

Look,I'll be blunt here and bow out of this quickly.
    It's because of impressionable people like you he didn't have to do the dirty work himself.
    It's actually a little disturbing the effect he has on you and many others around the world.

Its cause of impressional people like you who believe in the lies of politican's and journalists the world is so f....ed up genius.

Anyone with half a brain can see Manson was railroaded, he always going to be found guilty, even without evidence.

The guy is not the monster journalists have created, they created him for people like you to reel over your Cornflakes, so you never have to wake up to reality and you tell me Im impressionable lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

What. The. ****. have I just read?

Its cause of impressional people like you who believe in the lies of politican's and journalists the world is so f....ed up genius.

Anyone with half a brain can see Manson was railroaded, he always going to be found guilty, even without evidence.

The guy is not the monster journalists have created, they created him for people like you to reel over your Cornflakes, so you never have to wake up to reality and you tell me Im impressionable lol.
    At the risk of being infracted or banned I won't bother giving you a proper reply to that deranged wanky bull**** you call your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

In fairness cruasader you do have a point in relation to his trial, as it was a complete sham and he was denied his constitutional rights. I think if he had been allowed a fair trial he would not have been convicted. Saying that, that is not to say that he was without responsibility for the murders, just that the evidence of his involvement was flimsy. you also have a fair point in saying that this was the states response to the counter culture movement and is also evidenced in the treatment of timothy leary at the time and his very shoddy conviction and long sentence for having half a joint

At the risk of being infracted or banned I won't bother giving you a proper reply to that deranged wanky bull**** you call your opinion.

None of what you wrote means anything, its just nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You are still living in the school playground ?

Its not good to call names to people born with learning difficulties names.

This is a good song from the Family Jams album,

Die to Be one.

(Die to be one, into one unified consciousness of true love)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zliLd2LRnkw&feature=relmfu

The Eagle Flies,
    To a line to the Sun,
    Where the Eagle flies,
    we will die,
    Die to be one,

The Mountains reach like fingers to the sky,
    Never ask why, never ask why,
    Love Never dies, Love never dies, never dies,

Have the Sun and the Moon in your hands,
    Your head in the sky,
    never ask why, never ask why,
    Love never dies, love never dies,

Night is dark, wind is cold,
    those fires burning,
    you cant grow old,

When mountains reach like fingers to the sky,
    never ask why, never ask why,

With the wind in my hair,
    I can see my love in your eyes,

Can you hear the sounds without the air ?

Can you feel the Love ? oh Love,

Love is here to make you,

With Love there is no Fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

For those who missed my first post in this thread.

in one of his prison stays a younger Manson held a razor to a young inmates throat and raped him,

The man is a psychotic thug.

Temaz wrote: »
    For those who missed my first post in this thread.

in one of his prison stays a younger Manson held a razor to a young inmates throat and raped him,

The man is a psychotic thug.

He has no conviction for that.

Where does the claim come from ?

The prosecution, you cant rely on their integrity.

Their one goal was to demonise Manson.

They did the same with Jessie James, Bonnie and Clyde, Sitting Bull etc, during their escapades.

As history goes on we get a more balanced picture.

Even if its true he would only have been acting out what the American penal system had taught him, he was under their care as a child.

He was raped by inmates and guards, thus it was they who created that part of him. He would have simply been reflecting what they had taught him to do.

Either way, they owe him an apology.

He has no conviction for that.

Where does the claim come from ?

The prosecution, you cant rely on their integrity.

Their one goal was to demonise Manson.
    So was he a good man taking a good path in life that just became the unfortunate fall guy???
    By the way you said earlier he was just reflecting what society done to him by raping someone.
    Is that ok too?

• Advertisement

So was he a good man taking a good path in life that just became the unfortunate fall guy???
    By the way you said earlier he was just reflecting what society done to him by raping someone.
    Is that ok too?

Even if its true he would only have been acting out what the American penal system had taught him, he was under their care as a child.

He was raped by inmates and guards, thus it was they who created that part of him. He would have simply been reflecting what they had taught him to do.

Maybe if you had been raped at 9 years old while guards got jerked off to your screams while you were beaten with a belt and you still had the scars on your back, you might not sit in judgement. Maybe if your Mother had swopped you for a keg of beer when you 6, you might not sit in judgement......I could go on.

They owe him an apology.

Is that ok too?

Either way, they owe him an apology.
    And what about the first question I asked in that post?

And what about the first question I asked in that post?

Its a dumb question, the kind expected from someone who sees things in black and white.

Fall guy...Yes, thats true, blamed as a bogeyman for the 1960s and kids going wrong, so American society would not have to take responsibility.

Good path.....yes, he was living a pure life in the desert, feeding the children.

He simply wanted to get away from society.

He wasnt the one poisoning the air and oceans, keeping the animals in factory farms, keeping most of the people on the Earth starving in a world of abundance, was he. Hes a convenient bogeyman.

Another song from the Family Jams album.

Ride Away.....Powerful lyrics.

"The clouds are close to the ground
    The wind has lost its sound.
    The ocean is empty
    and the world it turning upside down.

Ye though you walk through the valley of death
    I'll be beside you. Ride Away.
    Yes and nearing the end so come on in
    and I'll find you. Ride away."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InjiCR5VYKM&feature=related

Everyone who is the one is out
    looking for the last door.
    And if you are the one my friend
    you don't need to look anymore.
    And if you are to my friend
    then you know there's no place left to go,
    a reckless hate baby we don't need
    no no no no.

Let him go.

How else do you think I could talk to you
    except through the music?
    How else do you think I could stop
    the confusion that's in your mind?
    Come on, sing me a song
    as you come along to the music.
    Each unto his own kind.

Now everybody knows that there's nothing to know.
    Everybody know that there's no place left to go.
    When you're traveling fast
    it's much better than slow.
    Because it's coming out quick
    and you know who you know.
    Don't look back just go, go.
    Just follow the music,
    just follow the sound.

The clouds are close to the ground
    The wind has lost its sound.
    The ocean is empty
    and the world it turning upside down.

Ye though you walk through the valley of death
    I'll be beside you. Ride Away.
    Yes and nearing the end so come on in
    and I'll find you. Ride away.

He rides like the wind with his hair long and flowing.
    Ain't no crime ain't no sin.
    in his eyes always knowing.
    the fear is all gone
    and the timeless winds are blowing.
    His motor's running good and
    over the mountains he is going.
    Get on ride away. Ride my way.
    The world is my play so come on man ride away.

Like the wind you do ride (ride away)
    With your past far behind you (ride away)
    We’ll find a place to hide (ride away)
    Where the man won’t find you (ride away)

Get on ride away, come on ride my way, ride my way,
    the world is my play man so come on ride my way then,
    come on away man, you got to get underneath the man with a gun,
    you know they ain't out for having no fun
    Read more at http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107859428508/#qdXrD7suU1xsp81u.99

Good path.....yes, he was living a pure life in the desert, feeding the children.

He simply wanted to get away from society.

He wasnt the one poisoning the air and oceans, keeping the animals in factory farms, keeping most of the people on the Earth starving in a world of abundance, was he. Hes a convenient bogeyman.
    Oh right,so you might say he was a hero yeah??

There's no point arguing this anymore,you obviously have some sort of infatuation with the man and nothing anybody says is going to get through to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

You mentioned he was raped as a child, was anybody convicted for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

viadah wrote: »
    Yeah. Manson was so dangerous with his beliefs a massive conspiracy was developed to keep him in jail. Yeah I totally get that.

And back on topic - his music is ****. If it wasn't for the 'persona' that the 'conspiracy' created around him, no one would give half a **** about his music.

And spending 68 years in jail, what the **** does that prove? That makes him 'real'? That's one of the stupidest ****ing statements I've ever heard to justify anything.

Beautiful. I like the way this guy totally blanked me for this salient point - the 'man' saw Manson and said 'Let's blame this hep cat who raps about love, he's a dangerous guy and this being the 1960s with similar gurus EVERYWHERE this is the cat to stop'. So they pinned it all on him. Poor, poor Charlie. Ya see, you can't argue with fanatics, whether their thing is born again Christianity, aliens or Charles Manson. Reason and logic are two things that escape fanatical thought.

So let's have a quick look at the kind of followers Manson had who were convicted of the Tate / LaBianca murders. Not exactly Mensa candidates were they? But these were his followers. They believed in 'Helter Skelter'. Or do you claim the prosecution invented this story to convict him, along with everything else. Man the prosecution must have been bored to go to that length, I would have just planted a gun on Manson instead. And bleat all you want that Manson was convicted of murder even though he wasn't there - he was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder for his involvement.

Again, 68 years in jail? Yeah, I'm not stupid enough to think I'd even enjoy one year in jail. Spending that long in jail, in your mind, perversely justifies what exactly?

Back on topic - his music is ****. No one gave a **** about it back then, and thanks to his conviction for conspiracy to commit murder and his mentally sub-normal followers it gains some attention since. Without the persona you claim the prosecution invented for him not one single person would give a **** about his music.

You cannot seriously justify defending a confirmed racist with a swastika carved on his forehead. Remove everything to do with his trial, his conviction and his Family and you're left with a substandard musician with a ****ing swastika carved on his forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

OP you seriously need to re-evaluate your life.

And these songs are pretentious **** btw, ''night is dark, wind is cold''?

Oh right,so you might say he was a hero yeah??

There's no point arguing this anymore,you obviously have some sort of infatuation with the man and nothing anybody says is going to get through to you.

No, you just said he was a hero.

Why do you feel the need to project bs and claim I said it ?

• Advertisement

viadah wrote: »
    Beautiful. I like the way this guy totally blanked me for this salient point - the 'man' saw Manson and said 'Let's blame this hep cat who raps about love, he's a dangerous guy and this being the 1960s with similar gurus EVERYWHERE this is the cat to stop'. So they pinned it all on him. Poor, poor Charlie. Ya see, you can't argue with fanatics, whether their thing is born again Christianity, aliens or Charles Manson. Reason and logic are two things that escape fanatical thought.

So let's have a quick look at the kind of followers Manson had who were convicted of the Tate / LaBianca murders. Not exactly Mensa candidates were they? But these were his followers. They believed in 'Helter Skelter'. Or do you claim the prosecution invented this story to convict him, along with everything else. Man the prosecution must have been bored to go to that length, I would have just planted a gun on Manson instead. And bleat all you want that Manson was convicted of murder even though he wasn't there - he was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder for his involvement.

Again, 68 years in jail? Yeah, I'm not stupid enough to think I'd even enjoy one year in jail. Spending that long in jail, in your mind, perversely justifies what exactly?

Back on topic - his music is ****. No one gave a **** about it back then, and thanks to his conviction for conspiracy to commit murder and his mentally sub-normal followers it gains some attention since. Without the persona you claim the prosecution invented for him not one single person would give a **** about his music.

You cannot seriously justify defending a confirmed racist with a swastika carved on his forehead. Remove everything to do with his trial, his conviction and his Family and you're left with a substandard musician with a ****ing swastika carved on his forehead.

The Swastika is an ancient cross cultural spiritual symbol found in nearly every culture, you see it as you want to see it, you see it as negative.

Manson has it because of his interest in Spirituality and because he was sentenced to the gas chamber, hes showing up the hypocrisy , so he x'ed himself out of their society.

All you are doing is projecting your ignorance and hatred onto someone you have learned about through the media lol

What does that say about you ?

Advertisement