Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Music of Charles Manson

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34YCZzY9ORY&feature=related

Clang Bang Bang (The Iron Door)

most songs are recorded in jail.

“Look down at me and you see a fool;
    look up at me and you see a god;
    look straight at me and you see yourself”

Charles Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Its highly unlikely you understand it. There are 9 albums.

Its like giving a book to someone who cant read.

Seriously? The reason why people don't like it is because they just don't understand? Your arguments are childish, your attitude is foolish, you're so ignorant, close minded and up yourself that your own opinions make Manson's music seem even worse. You're the idiot. You have every opportunity to give a valid opinion and you don't take it. With a follower like you, Manson doesn't need detractors. You just keep digging deeper into your self-congratulation that you're smart enough to 'get it', not one insult or valid argument is ever going to seep through your thick-headed attitude. Typical close minded sheep mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Suas11 wrote: »
    I've listened to his album before and it's nothing great.

Its highly unlikely you understand it. There are 9 albums.

Its like giving a book to someone who cant read.

So when are off to bono's gaff then? You know, to murder his family and scrawl 'piggies' on the wall?

viadah wrote: »
    Seriously? The reason why people don't like it is because they just don't understand? Your arguments are childish, your attitude is foolish, you're so ignorant, close minded and up yourself that your own opinions make Manson's music seem even worse. You're the idiot. You have every opportunity to give a valid opinion and you don't take it. With a follower like you, Manson doesn't need detractors. You just keep digging deeper into your self-congratulation that you're smart enough to 'get it', not one insult or valid argument is ever going to seep through your thick-headed attitude. Typical close minded sheep mentality.

So you are familiar with Scientology ? Manson uses alot of Scientology terms in his music also stuff from Freud and even the bhagavad gita

But of course you know all that and see the subtleties from your experiences of taking acid in the desert and finding yourself :)......not

My bet is you are scared of the music, you need a bogeymen to believe in.

You dont speak for most people, you speak for yourself littleman.

Dont get above yourself.

Yes I am - I'm terrified of listening to **** music that gains attention for the mere fact that it's written by a media personality. And you're gonna bring ****ing SCIENTOLOGY into the mix? And again 'little man'? Dude dig up.

• Advertisement

Yes I am - I'm terrified of listening to **** music that gains attention for the mere fact that it's written by a media personality. And you're gonna bring ****ing SCIENTOLOGY into the mix? And again 'little man'? Dude dig up.

Your a funny guy, everytime I post a song on this thread called the music of Charles Manson, you come on after and tell me how much you hate it and that I have a problem, lol.

Keep on listening my friend.

“I knew Charlie Manson,” Neil Young remarked in a recent documentary. He goes on to describe how he discussed Mr. Manson’s songwriting with an executive at his record label, Reprise. “This guy, you know, he’s good,” Mr. Young recalled saying.

......Manson heavily influenced alot of Neil Youngs music.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/weekinreview/02decurtis.html

1968: Young meets Manson
    Young remembers Manson as being “a little uptight, a little too intense. Frustrated artist.” (McDonough, 287) However, when Manson picked up his guitar and played a few songs, Young was strongly impressed: “[He] made up songs as he went along, new stuff all the time, no two songs were the same.” (ibid.)

Young recommended Manson to Mo Ostin, president of Warner Brothers, but it never got any further. Reminiscing years later, Young was clearly still somewhat enthralled by Manson’s force of personality: “He was an angry man. But brilliant… He sounds like Dylan when he talks.” (McDonough, 288) He went even further: “He’s like one of the main movers and shakers of time – when you look back at Jesus and all these people, Charlie was like that.” (ibid.)

Read more at Suite101: The Relationship Between Neil Young and Charles Manson | Suite101.com http://suite101.com/article/the-relationship-between-neil-young-and-charles-manson-a359623#ixzz21HWlHk66

1974: “Revolution Blues”
    On Young’s 1974 album On the Beach, he included a song about Manson, “ Revolution Blues ”, culminating in the couplet: “I hear that Laurel Canyon is full of famous stars/ But I hate them worse than lepers, and I’ll kill them in their cars.” Subtle it’s not, but a pretty extreme sentiment for a rock star, one illustrating just how far Young has deviated from the gently melancholic country rock, the “Heart of Gold”-type stuff, that is still what he is most publicly known for.

For his part, Manson said in a 1995 interview from prison in California that all his old musician friends “didn’t give a sh*t” – except Neil Young, who once gave him a motorcycle. (McDonough, 287) When Young’s biographer related this to Young, he seemed oddly pleased to have won Manson’s approval: “So Charlie remembers me too, huh? Everybody else ripped him off. I gave him a motorcycle. I turn out to be a good guy.” (ibid.)

Read more at Suite101: The Relationship Between Neil Young and Charles Manson | Suite101.com http://suite101.com/article/the-relationship-between-neil-young-and-charles-manson-a359623#ixzz21HX53aov

Neil Young said about Manson: "He had this kind of music that nobody else was doing. He would sit down with a guitar and start playing and making up stuff, different every time. It just kept comin' out, comin' out. Then he would stop and you would never hear that one again. Musically, I thought he was very unique. I thought he had something crazy, something great. He was like a living poet."

http://manson.freeforums.org/the-music-of-charles-manson-t4.html

Your a funny guy, everytime I post a song on this thread called the music of Charles Manson, you come on after and tell me how much you hate it and that I have a problem, lol.

Keep on listening my friend.

No, it's every time you post an ignorant put down, casting aspersions on the intelligence of others, rather than justifying the opinions you seem to hold dear to your heart that I keep on pulling you up on it. Neil Young liked Charles Manson - that's great. No one but Neil Young, in his own words. Now you've told us that, do you feel like pointing out the moment of illumination that changed your views on Charles Manson? Or is it the fact that it was the opinion of one of Manson's sheep followers that changed your mind, giving this conversion a certain amount of suspect origin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

So you are familiar with Scientology ? Manson uses alot of Scientology terms in his music also stuff from Freud and even the bhagavad gita

But of course you know all that and see the subtleties from your experiences of taking acid in the desert and finding yourself :)......not

My bet is you are scared of the music, you need a bogeymen to believe in.

Dont get above yourself.

Are you seriously going to use Scientology, a religion made up by a science-fiction writer who admitted that the easiest way to become a millionaire was through religion, to back up your argument? This just gets better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The guy is obviously a troll. Don't reply to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

I think people would be better focusing on the music rather than attacking the OP or debating Charles Manson crimes or guilt..I am in no way condoning Charles Manson- people can get the facts but a interesting subject and maybe he is explaining his life and thoughts in these songs and compared to your average horrible **** at least hes morbidly interesting...and shirley called herself after him,,as did marilyn.

If you dont like the thread, stay off it.....simples.

Youre the troll.

No, it's every time you post an ignorant put down, casting aspersions on the intelligence of others, rather than justifying the opinions you seem to hold dear to your heart that I keep on pulling you up on it. Neil Young liked Charles Manson - that's great. No one but Neil Young, in his own words. Now you've told us that, do you feel like pointing out the moment of illumination that changed your views on Charles Manson? Or is it the fact that it was the opinion of one of Manson's sheep followers that changed your mind, giving this conversion a certain amount of suspect origin?

....Your obsessed, why dont you just stay off the thread and get a life, instead of bringing your negativity on here.

Are you seriously going to use Scientology, a religion made up by a science-fiction writer who admitted that the easiest way to become a millionaire was through religion, to back up your argument? This just gets better!

All religions are man made, your point is what ?

Religions make money, great observation genius.

All religions are man made, your point is what ?

Religions make money, great observation genius.

My point is that it is a terrible way of backing up your point, genius.

My point is that it is a terrible way of backing up your point, genius.

You know nothing about Scientology, everything you know seems to come from grubby tabloid newspapers, which your world view is formed from.

Scientology is very interesting from a human consciousness and psychological perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Went through his recordings a few yr ago. fair impressive but typical random jailbird from back when tbh, that was the standard then. If they've slipped then I'll be damned!

You know nothing about Scientology, everything you know seems to come from grubby tabloid newspapers, which your world view is formed from.

Scientology is very interesting from a human consciousness and psychological perspective.

Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

If you dont like the thread, stay off it.....simples.

Youre the troll.

This seems to be your attitude towards everyone who disagrees with you, either their a troll or they just don't "get it". What makes your opinion so superior to everyone else's?

Time wrote: »
    This seems to be your attitude towards everyone who disagrees with you, either their a troll or they just don't "get it". What makes your opinion so superior to everyone else's?

Shes calling me a troll on my thread, do the maths, what does that make her ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I will admit that this video has made me think Manson is a deep guy.

Temaz wrote: »
    I will admit that this video has made me think Manson is a deep guy.

Yep, their words are essentially empty noise, that's his point.

They persecute him to feel guilty for something he has not done.

How can you show remorse for something you never did,lol.

That's their warped world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Yep, their words are essentially empty noise, that's his point.

They persecute him to feel guilty for something he has not done.

How can you show remorse for something you never did,lol.

That's their warped world.

You have serious issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Of course manson's music is ****e, if it was any good he would have got a deal, but the fact that he didn't was ultimately the reason why he surrounded himself with the cabal of acid casualties and counter culture burn outs and began the process of turning his hate-filled wretchedness outward onto the world.

Unfortunately, our societies deification of celebrities has given rise to the likes of Manson, damaged individuals who possess little other than a belief in how special they are. Craving celebrity, without any semblance of recognisable talent.!when they can't do it legit, they decide infamy is better than obscurity and innocent people end up getting hurt.

What truly terrifies is that their warblings often hit a note with other, malleable weirdos, who need something to be a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Dont get above yourself.

Well this thread is already a trainwreck, but you can't go around making personal comments about posters trying to have a discussion with you. Consider this a formal warning, any more carry on like that and it's infractions.

Temaz wrote: »
    You have serious issues!

He never killed anyone, check your facts before repeating nonsense.

Of course manson's music is ****e, if it was any good he would have got a deal, but the fact that he didn't was ultimately the reason why he surrounded himself with the cabal of acid casualties and counter culture burn outs and began the process of turning his hate-filled wretchedness outward onto the world.

Unfortunately, our societies deification of celebrities has given rise to the likes of Manson, damaged individuals who possess little other than a belief in how special they are. Craving celebrity, without any semblance of recognisable talent.!when they can't do it legit, they decide infamy is better than obscurity and innocent people end up getting hurt.

What truly terrifies is that their warblings often hit a note with other, malleable weirdos, who need something to be a part of.

He never wanted a deal, he states he never wanted a deal, he had everything he wanted, he did not want want to be part of society.

• Advertisement

rcaz wrote: »
    Well this thread is already a trainwreck, but you can't go around making personal comments about posters trying to have a discussion with you. Consider this a formal warning, any more carry on like that and it's infractions.

Lol, yet you ignore all their name calling,

What a fair man you are Mr moderator.

Why dont you do your job and tell them to stop derailing the thread, its meant to be about Mansons music.

Advertisement