Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Music of Charles Manson

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rcaz wrote: »
    Well this thread is already a trainwreck

Trainwreck!?! This has been the best thread on the music in a long time. Charles Manson, conspiracy theories about the counter-culture movement and Scientology along with quotes of the dippiest lyrics ever. This thread is pure gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

He never wanted a deal, he states he never wanted a deal, he had everything he wanted, he did not want want to be part of society.

Yes he did, he skulked around the topanga canyon scene trying to get noticed, went to great lengths to befriend famous musicians etc, when rejected by that scene, then he retreated from society and started preparing for his race war.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Morality is defined by power.

Bush, Blair etc have power thus they can order invasion and killing.

People put them in power, thus people who vote for them are also responsible.

Nobodies like Manson (his own words) dont have the power structure behind them to order killings and get away with it , thus they are monsters.

All babies are born in innocence, society reflects its lies onto them, the ones that go wrong end up in jail, they project the lies and negativity back, (you become your throughts, your throughts become your actions).

Manson is right, the prisons, nut wards, slaughter houses etc are the true refection of our society.(Our society is based upon fear, it needs to be based upon Love)

Nixon a man who ordered napalm to be dropped on women and children said Manson was a murderer.

The lemmings put murderers in power, because they are conditioned to, yet condem people like Manson, who says he is simply a product of being in jail all his life and being brutalised.

Society needs its bogeymen to take the heat off the real bogeymen.

It was this post on page 1 that derailed the conversation - you could have backed away and maintained that his music could be viewed separately to his persona. But you didn't. From here on out the conversation obviously was going to take a different direction, and your refusal to enter a reasonable debate despite invitation led to yours and everyone else's frustration. Your debate tactic became to call people 'little man' and the opinion that we were just too small minded to 'get it' when asked for justification of your controversial opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Yes he did, he skulked around the topanga canyon scene trying to get noticed, went to great lengths to befriend famous musicians etc, when rejected by that scene, then he retreated from society and started preparing for his race war.

No he never I will post a video in his own words.

Famous people befriended him, because he lived with 15 -20 young women in a bus and had access to lots of drugs. Hence he got invited to their parties, then moved in etc, they gave him their Rolls Royces etc, but he came to reject materialism.

There you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZleMPfbeAE

...."I had it all, it was a bigger prison then the one I just left".......he rejected them.

To claim Manson, who had the ability to take over peoples lives and get them to give him money, cars property, even their daughters, but could not get a record deal of the same people is absurd.

viadah wrote: »
    It was this post on page 1 that derailed the conversation - you could have backed away and maintained that his music could be viewed separately to his persona. But you didn't. From here on out the conversation obviously was going to take a different direction, and your refusal to enter a reasonable debate despite invitation led to yours and everyone else's frustration. Your debate tactic became to call people 'little man' and the opinion that we were just too small minded to 'get it' when asked for justification of your controversial opinion.

My post was a fair post, it broke no rules.

Heres your first post on the thread.....you went straight in with name calling, yet Im the one whos getting treats from the moderator.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79840305&postcount=30

Your words
    "Yup. A racist, a misogynist, a rapist. A self confessed murderer (though that could be self involved fantasy on his behalf). Who believed the Beatles were communicating to him through the White Album. An all around bull**** artist. And all this from his own words. Anyone who defends a racist or a rapist or a misogynist is the kind of ****ing idiot that should be trying to defend Charles Manson.!

• Advertisement

I'll stand by that statement and accept any reprimand forthcoming for it. You should question what this means to yourself if this is upheld as an insult to you.

I'll stand by that statement and accept any reprimand forthcoming for it. You should question what this means to yourself if this is upheld as an insult to you.

So its ok for you to call me an f...ing idiot, but I get respond with the term "little man" Im the one who gets the punishment.

I think its says more about you and the moderator.

...Please stop derailing the thread.

No he never I will post a video in his own words.

Famous people befriended him, because he lived with 15 -20 young women in a bus and had access to lots of drugs. Hence he got invited to their parties, then moved in etc, they gave him their Rolls Royces etc, but he came to reject materialism.

There you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZleMPfbeAE

...."I had it all, it was a bigger prison then the one I just left".......he rejected them.

To claim Manson, who had the ability to take over peoples lives and get them to give him money, cars property etc, but could not get a record deal of the same people is absurd.

Are you trying to suggest that Manson could have manipulated label bosses to give him a recording contract, on the basis that he convinced a bunch of scared kids to act out his apocalyptic fantasies, but chose not to because he had rejected material society? And link a video of the man himself, at this stage clearly deranged and spouting a clearly self deluded and self aggrandising agenda to prove the above point?

Nice work.

Are you trying to suggest that Manson could have manipulated label bosses to give him a recording contract, on the basis that he convinced a bunch of scared kids to act out his apocalyptic fantasies, but chose not to because he had rejected material society? And link a video of the man himself, at this stage clearly deranged and spouting a clearly self deluded and self aggrandising agenda to prove the above point?

Nice work.

Terry Melcher and other producers were close to Manson, as were various Hollywood stars.

He states he did not want to live in the world of having to do things.

Even Neil Young states Manson was a great musician, but to wild to ever do it in an organised way.

Why cant you accept like Manson says, he did not want to have to do things on their terms.

He lives in his own world, without clocks, calanders, etc.

Manson does not believe in stuff like contracts, to claim he was chasing contracts is bs.

His trip is getting into peoples minds, not money.

He's gotten into one anyway.

• Advertisement

Anyone who defends a racist or a rapist or a misogynist is the kind of ****ing idiot that should be trying to defend Charles Manson.

So its ok for you to call me an f...ing idiot

So at least you admit that's the kind of person you're defending.

Anyone who defends a racist or a rapist or a misogynist is the kind of ****ing idiot that should be trying to defend Charles Manson.

So its ok for you to call me an f...ing idiot

So at least you admit that's the kind of person you're defending.

Why dont you stop derailing the thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xioCGmZVoqw

Charles Manson sings, " Im the King, Im the King of the Underworld, I roll the dice, I deal the cards, the game is mine".

Charles Manson...Devil Man sings the blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJzFYkUTZnU&feature=relmfu

Society projected its hate onto Manson, he reflected it back.

Charles Manson...Sick city...........About Manson leaving Ashbury Heights.

Good song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEFSHlrZKu8&feature=related

Sick city, yeah, restless people
    From the sick city burnt their houses down
    To make the sky look pretty
    What can I do, I'm just a person
    This is the line we always seem to hear
    You just sit, things get worse
    And watch TV and drink your beer
    Walking all alone
    Not going anywhere
    Nobody seemed to care
    Restless as the wind
    This town is killing me
    Got to put an end to this restless misery
    I'm just one of those restless people
    Can never seem to be satisfied
    With living in this sick old sick old
    Sick city
    It may be too late for me to say goodbye
    And I might be too late
    To watch this sick old city die
    Going on the road
    Yeah I'm gonna try
    To say sick city so long farewell
    And die

The family Jams

Ride Away...Superb.

"The clouds are close to the ground
    And the wind has lost its sound
    The oceans empty and the world is turning
    (Upside down)
    it’s turning
    (Upside down)
    It’s upside down
    (It’s turning)
    It’s upside down
    (It’s turning)

Yeah, though you walk through the Valley of Death
    I’ll be beside you "

..........Powerful lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InjiCR5VYKM

Every one who is the one
    Is out looking for the last door
    And if you are the one my friend
    You don’t need to look any more

And if you are too my friends
    Then you know that there’s no place left to go
    A reckless hate, baby, we don’t need
    No, no, no, no, no, no
    Let him go, let him go, let him go, let him go

How else do u think I could
    Talk with you except through the music
    How else do u think I could stop
    The confusion that’s in your mind

Come on, sing me a song
    As u come along to the music

Each unto his own kind

Now everybody knows
    That there’s nothing to know
    Everybody knows
    That there’s no place left to go

When you travel fast
    It’s much better than slow
    Cause it’s coming down quick
    And you know you know

(Don’t look back)
    (Just go, go)
    Don’t look back
    Just go, go

Just follow the music
    Just follow the sound
    Just follow the music
    Just follow the sound

The clouds are close to the ground
    And the wind has lost its sound
    The oceans empty and the world is turning
    (Upside down)
    it’s turning
    (Upside down)
    It’s upside down
    (It’s turning)
    It’s upside down
    (It’s turning)

Yeah, though you walk through the Valley of Death
    I’ll be beside you
    (Ride away)
    Yes, and nearing the end
    So now come on in and I’ll find you
    (Ride away)
    He rides like the wind
    (Ride away)
    With his hair long and flowing
    (Ride away)
    Ain't no crime, ain't no sin
    (Ride away)
    in his eyes always knowing
    (Ride away)
    The fear is all gone
    (Ride away)
    And the timeless winds are blowing
    (Ride away)
    His motor’s running good
    (Ride away)
    And over the mountains he’s going
    (Ride away)

Get on ride away
    Get on ride my way
    Ride my way
    The world is my play, man
    So come on ride away then

Like the wind you do ride
    (Ride away)
    With your past far behind you
    (Ride away)
    We’ll find a place to hide
    (Ride away)
    Where the man won’t find you
    (Ride away)
    Get on ride away
    Come on ride my way
    Ride my way
    The world is my play, man
    So come on ride my way, then
    Come on away, then
    You got to get underneath the man with a gun
    You know that ain't out for havin no fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is it only you that's allowed post about things other than his music??
    You keep bitching on about others derailing the thread when they do.

This thread is a thinly veiled attempt to glorify this psycho that you seem obsessed by far more than it is about music.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Is it only you that's allowed post about things other than his music??
    You keep bitching on about others derailing the thread when they do.

This thread is a thinly veiled attempt to glorify this psycho that you seem obsessed by far more than it is about music.

Please stop trying to derail the thread with personal attacks.

Please stop trying to derail the thread with personal attacks.
    I'm not trying to derail anything.
    You want to be able to post whatever you want while limiting what others can say.
    You can't have it all your own way.

Those lyrics you just posted above are so mundane and uninteresting,nothing powerful whatsoever about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Of course manson's music is ****e, if it was any good he would have got a deal, but the fact that he didn't was ultimately the reason why he surrounded himself with the cabal of acid casualties and counter culture burn outs and began the process of turning his hate-filled wretchedness outward onto the world.

Unfortunately, our societies deification of celebrities has given rise to the likes of Manson, damaged individuals who possess little other than a belief in how special they are. Craving celebrity, without any semblance of recognisable talent.!when they can't do it legit, they decide infamy is better than obscurity and innocent people end up getting hurt.

What truly terrifies is that their warblings often hit a note with other, malleable weirdos, who need something to be a part of.

True, our society tends to glorify these people rather than focusing on their victims. The only reason anyone cares about his music is because it's the music of a notorious cult leader and conspirator in multiple murders, who was too cowardly to even do it himself and instead had others do his bidding. It's not as though he's particularly talented or made ground-breaking music. People just give him attention because they have a morbid fascination, and then unfortunately there are some who get sucked into it. John Wayne Gacy earned over $100,000 dollars from his paintings that he did in jail. Not because they're good, but because people just want to say they own a painting by John Wayne Gacy. People have the same morbid fascination with David Koresh, who also made sh*t music. Here in the States, news stations are giving hours and hours of time to that w*nker in Colorado. Now, I realise that it's just curiosity getting the better of us, but in the sick minds of these perpetrators, but the attention is giving them validation. Sure, Manson can talk and he's pretty articulate, but that's often the mark of a sociopath, and that's why he had followers. If he couldn't express his ideas well and convincingly, no one would listen. Ted Bundy was also extremely charismatic and very good at expressing himself. Just because these people have something to say and say it in a nice-sounding way, doesn't mean anyone should listen.

Bottom line is, if he wasn't Charles Manson, no one would care about his sh*tty music.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to derail anything.
    You want to be able to post whatever you want while limiting what others can say.
    You can't have it all your own way.

Those lyrics you just posted above are so mundane and uninteresting,nothing powerful whatsoever about them.

If you dont like the thread and the music why not stay off it instead of continually looking for conflict ?

I have an idea - someone start up a thread titled 'The Aesthetic Brilliance of Adolf Hitler' and see how that goes, maybe mentioning that Hitler not once pulled the switch on any gas chamber, then maybe this guy will see that if you start a topic on a controversial character, then go on to defend his innocence rather than sticking to the issue you originally wanted to discuss, you're going to have a bad time. If Cruasder is as tuned in as we're led to believe, then surely he can't possibly be as naiive to believe that defending Charles Manson rather than simply discussing his music was going to be met with some stiff opposition of opinions.

If you dont like the thread and the music why not stay off it instead of continually looking for conflict ?
    I never said I didn't like the thread.Opinions like yours,no matter how much I disagree with them,often interest me.
    So I'll continue reading and maybe posting thank you very much.

True, our society tends to glorify these people rather than focusing on their victims. The only reason anyone cares about his music is because it's the music of a notorious cult leader and conspirator in multiple murders, who was too cowardly to even do it himself and instead had others do his bidding. It's not as though he's particularly talented or made ground-breaking music. People just give him attention because they have a morbid fascination, and then unfortunately there are some who get sucked into it. John Wayne Gacy earned over $100,000 dollars from his paintings that he did in jail. Not because they're good, but because people just want to say they own a painting by John Wayne Gacy. People have the same morbid fascination with David Koresh, who also made sh*t music. Here in the States, news stations are giving hours and hours of time to that w*nker in Colorado. Now, I realise that it's just curiosity getting the better of us, but in the sick minds of these perpetrators, but the attention is giving them validation. Sure, Manson can talk and he's pretty articulate, but that's often the mark of a sociopath, and that's why he had followers. If he couldn't express his ideas well and convincingly, no one would listen. Ted Bundy was also extremely charismatic and very good at expressing himself. Just because these people have something to say and say it in a nice-sounding way, doesn't mean anyone should listen.

Bottom line is, if he wasn't Charles Manson, no one would care about his sh*tty music.

But yet you keep posting and you keep listening.

Dude no one is listening. You and Charlie are just getting roasted.

Dude no one is listening. You and Charlie are just getting roasted.

So you are judging the music without even listening, you also speak for everyone who clicks on the thread, great stuff little man.

How I envy your world.

Contrary to what you may believe, Charles Manson's music does not belong to you. I heard it and disliked it long before I heard and disliked you. The common opinion held here is that his music isn't great. You shouldn't take that as a personal insult.

• Advertisement

Contrary to what you may believe, Charles Manson's music does not belong to you. I heard it and disliked it long before I heard and disliked you. The common opinion held here is that his music isn't great. You shouldn't take that as a personal insult.

Of course you did.

Why dont you stay off the thread instead of trying to disrupt it and pretend to speak for everyone who clicks on it.#

You keep listening to Bono my friend.

Advertisement