Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs suits to hire or buy ?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My son is going to a debs in August, I was wondering is it expensive to hire one or would I be better off buying one for him ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

Betty1966 wrote: »
    My son is going to a debs in August, I was wondering is it expensive to hire one or would I be better off buying one for him ?

You could buy a good suit at a resonable price from GREGORY'S in Patrick Street. At least then he would have a suit for a number of years for other events, including interviews, weddings etc.

Alternatively, you could hire one from Joe in Blacktie at the top of Patrick Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hire for debs since they have a tendancy to get destroyed/jackets swapped around/ go missing etc

Used to be 50 to hire 1 in Fitzgeralds (that was about 5 years ago, no idea if its still the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

A couple of years ago in Fitzgeralds it was €100 to rent a pair of pants, jacket, white shirt and a dickie bow. If the tux was brought back in one piece then you got €50 back. If you wanted a waist jacket it cost an extra €10, if you wanted a black shirt it was €15/€20 but you got to keep it and for a tie it was €10/€15 and you got to keep it.

I doubt the prices have changed much, if at all, in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SUPing

I bought My suit for my Debs and still wear it today!!!! 7 years on been to afew weddings and other events handy out having a suit! I think if it is your own you tend to take care of it abit more when at the debs! A new shirt and tie every once and a while works good for changing it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Betty1966

I went into GREGORYS this morning and was delighted to get my son fitted for a suit.He got a great deal in a narrow fitted suit with a shirt and tie and lovely shoes all for 199euro.The man in the shop said he was doing this offer on all debs suits to buy.Very pleased son.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

ye Gregory's is a great place to get suits and other clothes always looks after his regulars. I find the prices quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Unless you expect a few weddings to be coming up it'll be 3 or 4 years before he's finished college and might start wearing it regularly. I'd be inclined to rent and then get a new one when he's going to job interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Betty1966

well after being in Gregorys I would never recommend hiring a suit again and I would encourage anyone going to a Debs to go in and see the special offer on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 porto

A suit shirt and tie and shoes for only 199eu is a giveaway, can anyone get this deal at Gregorys or do i have to be a debutant?? I wouldnt pass fo one !!!!

Advertisement