Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 divisional round **Saturday-Wednesday**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Gia Young Survivor

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'm on now if you'd like to play now?

I can't man, the Madden's broke. I've downloaded another one and once I get a disk big enough (I will have one in time for tonight) I can burn it and play.
    How are you playing online on a fake copy I would have thought ea would see that d
    From a mile off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

How are you playing online on a fake copy I would have thought ea would see that d
    From a mile off

On second thoughts I think I'll just keep trying to clean the original one, apparently it can be quite risky playing with a fake. What a time to break.

There is one thing I could try though. It only ever says it can't read the game when I'm in the menus. But if I get an invite to the game I can bypass them. Obviously because I haven't got past them I don't know if a game will work.

And after the 98th attempt of cleaning it, Madden is working. See you at 8:30. In the meantime someone should do a preview.

Aaand it's broken again. But I think as long as I stay away from the menus I'm fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Gia Young Survivor

And after the 98th attempt of cleaning it, Madden is working. See you at 8:30. In the meantime someone should do a preview.
    Ouch low blow dude let the tradh tSlking commence I'm predicting a very angry bills side lets hope the 1st aid lads are up to scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Aaand it's broken again. But I think as long as I stay away from the menus I'm fine.

Save the game to your hard drive.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Save the game to your hard drive.

But the game is like 7.3GB. I only have 700MB free, and only a 12GB hard drive (I got the first 360).

But the game is like 7.3GB. I only have 700MB free, and only a 12GB hard drive (I got the first 360).

Go buy a new Xbox. Then save it to your hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

So are we playing? If so can we push it to 9? Im running a little late...

So are we playing? If so can we push it to 9? Im running a little late...

Play you at 9. You send the invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Grand, let me know when free and I'll try get on for it.

Can actually get on now without a mic if you can play??

• Advertisement

7 tomorrow ibmax?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

7 tomorrow ibmax?

Should be fine. I'll post if I'm running late. Chat to ya then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Raoul wrote: »
    Can actually get on now without a mic if you can play??

I'm home, so ready when u are.

ibmax wrote: »

I've another game at 9 so any time before 7:45 is grand. Cheers mate! Look forward to it :)

I've another game at 9 so any time before 7:45 is grand. Cheers mate! Look forward to it :)

Got outta work a lot earlier than expected so I'll be good to go from 6;30 if you're around ?

Got outta work a lot earlier than expected so I'll be good to go from 6;30 if you're around ?

I should be on by 6:40 man! Just gonna make my self something to eat. Gotta have a full stomach :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would love to be able to watch this game, should be a cracker.

Paully D wrote: »
    Would love to be able to watch this game, should be a cracker.

Looks like it is, 45 - 28 to Santry in the 4th.

So much for the upstarts. Me, et and ibmax one and done unless ibmax comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

52-52 into ot!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I spoke too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Buccs win in ot 55-52. Its an EPIC!

I'm sick. Limited the Bucs to a FG in OT so was preparing my assault on their endzone when the game ends :confused:

Absolutely cracking game with Ian recovering an onside kick and all. So pissed about the OT though.

I'm sick. Limited the Bucs to a FG in OT so was preparing my assault on their endzone when the game ends :confused:

Absolutely cracking game with Ian recovering an onside kick and all. So pissed about the OT though.

Bizarre and I feel genuinely bad it ended this way... Full report to follow...

That is tough. But fair play IBmax for coming back from being down that far. Looks like we will have a new conference champion.

Ibmax, I could be on tonight at like 11.15 if you are up that late.

It's really hard to take.

Makes it worse is it was a 47 yarder to win it which was just in Venateiri's range. I would have blitzed like fcuk if I had have known and gone for a sack to knock him outta range!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Harsh

****ing EA!

Nothing you can do man. :) Thanks for the best game of Madden 12 I've played. I'm just so pissed Madden screwed me out of a chance of a clean sweep of Madden 12!!!

so as promised.... and bear with me cause I've a lot (of offense - not a lot of defense!!!) to get through....

Tampa Bay, Wednesday night, two of the most explosive offense in the BFL meet with the Packers coming to the sunny and not at all windy climes of central Florida. The toss was had with the Bucs deferring to the second half. The points spread at 60 suggested there were many points in store.

With neither team boasting a dominant defense Sam Bradford brought his offense onto the field. First play, Ray Rice breaks a tackle and scampers 71 yards for a TD. 7-0 Pack. Bucs receive the kickoff. First play, Freeman hits Julio Jones for a 74 yard TD pass. 7-7 60 seconds gone.

The game would continue in much the same vein for the first quarter, Bradford hitting Fasano over the middle for a 2 yard TD 14-7 Pack Freeman found Tamme for a 46yard TD to level the score 14-14 at the end of the first.

The second quarter continue as the first had ended with Bradford hitting Wayne for a 57yard slant with the covering CB running in no particular direction. 21-14 Packers The Bucs once more went back down the field and after 6 minutes (a ridiculously long drive in comparison to everything else) before Freeman found Tamme for his second TD catch, this time 4yards. 21-21. Bradford got going again with the usually reserved Braylon Edwards spinning out of yet another ineffectual tackle to race away for a 31yard TD. 28-21 Packers. The Bucs drove once more into Packers territory and were looking good to level the scores heading into HT before an inaccurate pass from Freeman was picked giving the Pack the ball and a minute to work with. A methodical drive was capped with a Mason Crosby field goal to leave the score 31-21 Packers at HT.

Bucs got the ball to begin the second half knowing they'd need to score on every play to have a chance and naturally went 3 and out after some ineffective blocking and a surprising Roddy White drop on 3rd down. The punter came onto the field for the first and (not surprisingly) last time. The Packers got the ball back and ripped of another huge run with Ray Rice scampering through tacklers for a 49 yard TD. 38-21 Packers. At this point the Packers GM commented how he hates 17 point leads (don't we all ;) ). The Bucs, took this onboard with Freeman throwing his second pick of the game. After it looked like the Bucs might finally get a stop with the Packers in 3rd and an awful lot. However, a screen pass to Ray Rice went 53 yards and made the score 45-21 Packers with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. The Bucs used the 5 minutes and some methodical 3rd down conversions saw Freeman sneak in for a 1 yard TD to end the quarter. 45-28 Packers.

The fourth quarter began with a first... A PACKERS PUNT!!! The remaining crowd (they all left with the score 45-21) went mental at the sight of Nick Harris.... Definitely a first!!! Another long Bucs drive was capped when H-Back Jashatun Rucker went in from 1 yard out. 45-35 Packers. Some Bucs fans began trickling back into the stadium. Not for long as Ray Rice ripped off another massive run, scampering through, over, around and inbetween what looked like 19 Bucs "defenders". 52-35 Packers with 4 minutes left in the game.

Then all hell broke loose!!!

Now employing the hurry-up-offense the Bucs went 80 yards with Demarco Murray finally getting a competent block and running 7 yards for a TD. 52-42 Packers with 2:51 on the clock. Special teams time to make their money... onside kick... Bucs recover!!! Bucs go 50 yards quickly with Freeman finding Jordy "i can't run fast cause i'm white but i ain't dropping anything" Nelson catching a 11 yard TD pass. 52-49 Packers. 2:10 to go. Special teams time to make their money... onside kick... Packers recover!!!

A quick slant to Reggie Wayne put the Packers in FG range at the 2 minute warning - Bucs had 2 timeouts left after having to call one earlier for selecting to punt on 3rd down!!! One first down should be enough for the Packers. The Bucs are considering letting them score... trying to score themselves... recovering another onside kick... trying to score again... then, somewhere in the middle of this thought process Ray Rice runs for MINUS 3 yards!!! Timeout. Packers know a FG is not ideal with only a 3 point lead and go for it. With John Madden now calling the defensive plays (cause i obviously suck at it), a zone blitz was dialed up and executed to perfection with Tercel Aaron picking Bradford before getting tackled on his own 20 yards line.

1 minute... 80 yards...

60 were achieved before the Packers got a stop with 10 seconds on the clock. Out came "league MVP" Adam Vinitieri in posibly his last game and kicked the FG to, incredibly, tie the game at 52-52. The Packers had 3 seconds and ran one screen play with Rice going 20 yards before finally being stopped as time expired. 52-52 and into overtime.

The new playoff rules were presumed to be in place but Madden had other ideas... with the team receiving the kickoff only needing a FG to win, the Bucs won the toss again, this time electing to receive. After some nice 3rd down completions, the Packers got a stop forcing Vinitieri onto the field to attempt a 47 yarder. Despite a 3mph wind in his face and an age ravaged leg, there is still no one you'd rather have than "Mr Clutch". The ball was snapped, the hold was tight and... the kick.... was..... GGGOOOOOODDD!!! 55-52 Bucs

I don't know what else to add except, thanks Ben!!! That was something else!!!

If you want to see the stats they're online... im too exhaused to write them up... if you want the synopsis... just under 1,400 yards between the two of us :)

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »

That is tough. But fair play IBmax for coming back from being down that far. Looks like we will have a new conference champion.

Ibmax, I could be on tonight at like 11.15 if you are up that late.

Sorry raoul... I don't have the mental facilities to play again tonight... I'm gonna go lie face down on a cold surface!!!

Advertisement