Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula/Weaning Question

Options
  • 20-07-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

J has been on Aptamil Hungrier Baby formula since he was 2 weeks old and is thrieving on it. He was drinking 6 6oz bottles but since dropping his 12am feed his is now polishing off 5 7oz bottles.

I am planning on starting J on solids in about 2 weeks and my question is should I put J back on the normal formula as appose to the hungrier one as the hungrier one is only mention to hold off early weaning or should I just leave him as he is if he's happy with the formula he's on??? Will the hungrier formula fill him up too much for him to be interested in eating too much solid foods?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I would leave him on the formula he is used to. Most babies don't eat much when you start weaning so he will need the nutrition from his formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I agree with xdancer i left my fella on the hungry baby formula until he was one. He was happy on it and it didnt affect his feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Think I'll leave him as is so, I didn't fancy changing him over again as he had a bit of an upset stomach the last time I changed him over.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Thats exactly what i thought Ms2011. I did substitute some of the bottles with water. Once he is on solids he wont want as much.

Advertisement