Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to the beach for the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd be also concerned that Moyasta has been reduced to a 60km/h zone with a penchant for a Gatso van outside the school.

Signs went up on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

allimac wrote: »
    If you're thinking of heading to,Kilkee, Lahinch or Spanish Point this weekend keep in mind that Clare Co.council have put a ban on swimming at the above beaches due to E.Coli.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0720/pollution-fears-at-three-co-clare-beaches.html

Just when the weather gets good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Clare beaches re-opened after e-coli scare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I heard the smell in lahinch town yesterday was unbearable..friends had to leave the beach with their kids.
    It was compared to the smell in the mens toilets in the peoples park back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

martyc5674 wrote: »
    I heard the smell in lahinch town yesterday was unbearable..friends had to leave the beach with their kids.
    It was compared to the smell in the mens toilets in the peoples park back in the day.
    That's rubbish and I was in Lahinch yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Well the whole episode stinks. No pun intended.

The beaches were supposed to be closed until Monday and then a decision was to be made, but suddenly a quick reversal. Reminds me of Jaws, 'open the beaches!'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

liammur wrote: »
    Well the whole episode stinks. No pun intended.

The beaches were supposed to be closed until Monday and then a decision was to be made, but suddenly a quick reversal. Reminds me of Jaws, 'open the beaches!'.

Who's holding a gun to anyone's head to go there?

There was announcement that the beaches were infected, beaches closed, people complained, there's an update that the beaches are now safe and people complain.

It's a free country, if you don'd accept that the beaches are now safe then you can stay away and head off to a beach in Kerry

Advertisement