Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S3 Unlock

• 20-07-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I need to get my S3 unlocked from Vodafone so I can use it with 48. Anyone that has done this wanna throw me a few tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Do a quick search of boards, there was a thread a few days ago....
    SystemsGuy wrote: »
    I need to get my S3 unlocked from Vodafone so I can use it with 48. Anyone that has done this wanna throw me a few tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

There's a few websites online.

www.unlock.ie
    www.unlockyourmobile.net

and

www.irishunlock.com

You'll have to price em up yourself!! But generally the codes are back in about half an hour..

Whats the Samsung s3 like to use??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just root the phone using odin and then download the unlock application from the market. Takes about 30 seconds. Search Google for a guide

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

But when you root the phone does it not void the warranty??

Its a brand new phone and think there €569/579 on three???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

But when you root the phone does it not void the warranty??

Its a brand new phone and think there €569/579 on three???
    Not necessarily. And in any case, you can undo rooting completely on the s3 by running triangle away. It resets the counter that shows the amount of times that unofficial firmware has been flashed. So it can't be seen that you rooted and your warranty is in tact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SystemsGuy

Thanks lads I'll give these a go and let ye know howI get on!

Advertisement