Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair refuses elderly lady with Colostomy bag

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

That's shit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Apologies that are forced mean nothing. Having the TD get on to them to make the apology, and the need for such steps is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

That woman should not have been pooh-poohed like that.

I just died a little inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Ryanair treating their passengers like dirt? Well I never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:confused: This makes no sense. Why would she even tell staff she had a colostomy bag? It would fit in her hand luggage.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

thats really ****ty but in fairness who would want to be sitting beside a smelly old lady there just looking out for the bulk of their customers and its a hygiene issue also its like really fat people they shouldnt be allowed bord,i would put a ban also on elderly people and children there just so ****ing annoying..i mean elderly people take an hour to walk while youre behind them,they expect you to carry their bags or assist in some way blocking up the queue,and children scream cry and run underneath you,fat people sweat like crazy and it takes an hour of manouvering around them **** them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What was their reasoning for not allowing her to have it? Sure isn't it just an empty bag?

thats really ****ty but in fairness who would want to be sitting beside a smelly old lady there just looking out for the bulk of their customers and its a hygiene issue also its like really fat people they shouldnt be allowed bord,i would put a ban on elderly people and children there just so ****ing annoying..i mean elderly people take an hour to walk while youre behind them,they expect you to carry their bags or assist in some way blocking up the queue,and children scream cry and run underneath you,fat people sweat like crazy and it takes an hour of manouvering around them **** them

Nice to see another class post from yourself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

thats really ****ty but in fairness who would want to be sitting beside a smelly old lady there just looking out for the bulk of their customers and its a hygiene issue also its like really fat people they shouldnt be allowed bord,i would put a ban also on elderly people and children there just so ****ing annoying..i mean elderly people take an hour to walk while youre behind them,they expect you to carry their bags or assist in some way blocking up the queue,and children scream cry and run underneath you,fat people sweat like crazy and it takes an hour of manouvering around them **** them

Its people like you who disgust me! no respect for anyone what so ever!

So that's smelly old people, children and fat people you hate, I'm guessing you don't have many friends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Sometimes you just wonder do some people have no cop on or initiative to use their common sense and make a judgement call, instead of living within the rules.
    The least ryanair can do is apologise for humiliating her, it wont cost them anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Chucken wrote: »
    Nice to see another class post from yourself :rolleyes:
    patwicklow wrote: »
    Its people like you who disgust me! no respect for anyone what so ever!
    So that's smelly old people, children and fat people you hate, I'm guessing you don't have many friends?
    Jarren wrote: »
    Just to let you know,some of us will get old at some stage:)

You lot leave Christmas alone,she works for Ryanair as a speech maker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Chucken wrote: »
    :confused: This makes no sense. Why would she even tell staff she had a colostomy bag? It would fit in her hand luggage.

Exactly.

Smells. A. Rat.

Jarren wrote: »
    Just to let you know,some of us will get old at some stage:)

What do you mean some of us? What are you planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If you have any particular special need, you can be guaranteed that they don't cater for it. People should know this by now.

okay lads i would like to ask you would YOU like to sit beside the shoite bag lady - be brutally honest here i wont mind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

also its like really fat people they shouldnt be allowed bord, ,fat people sweat like crazy and it takes an hour of manouvering around them **** them

Did you ever shift that extra stone you were trying to lose or are you still pigging out the Leonidas?

okay lads i would like to ask you would YOU like to sit beside the shoite bag lady - be brutally honest here i wont mind..

You probably do every day!! Its not on public view you know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Horribly degrading treatment for this poor old lady.

• Advertisement

being completely honest,i smell a rat too a big shoity one shes on to a scam she told them cos she probably knew they would refuse her outright ,so now what does she do,gets on to her solicitor to sue them..i dont think if she really wanted to board that flight she would have told them thats why it shady..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I'm sure it's not on full view for everyone to see. Personally I would not have a problem with it.
    Have some respect for people it could be you in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So Ryanair aren't taking the piss then?

ok fair enough so its not on view but if you knew there was somone sitting beside you with a shoite bag and they do smell,would you sit there comfortably in full knowledge they could excrete at any given time while youre there..

ok fair enough so its not on view but if you knew there was somone sitting beside you with a shoite bag and they do smell,would you sit there comfortably in full knowledge they could excrete at any given time while youre there..

Give it a rest will ya, you really are embarrassing yourself now. They do not smell.

Did you ever shift that extra stone you were trying to lose or are you still pigging out the Leonidas?

im getting there,i feel its my public duty to not be obese or a complete eyesore which i have to admit i am these days its revolting even me..

Are you always this obnoxious or do you just save that for when you're hiding behind a keyboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

You know what a colostomy bag is, right? It's not like the person is sitting there with a sh*t in their hands.

The bags don't smell so why would it be a problem? Or is this just trolling, sometimes I have trouble spotting the difference.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    Give it a rest will ya, you really are embarrassing yourself now. They do not smell.

they do smell i know this for a fact there was a woman in a shop a few weeks back and she REEKED OF SHOITE,i swear to god i nearly passed out peacefully it was AWFUL nobody should be subjected to that i dont care who it is.It shouldnt happen,ryanair are just looking out for the bulk of their customers profits and all that,(i know i know) its not all bout that ,and her money could be just as good as anybody elses in my opinion but would you honestly put up with the smell?Im being honest when i say i wouldnt.At least im being honest.

im getting there,i feel its my public duty to not be obese or a complete eyesore which i have to admit i am these days its revolting even me..
    You're not a very merry Christmas

What have Christmas and a colostomy bag got in common?

They're both full of shit.

they do smell i know this for a fact there was a woman in a shop a few weeks back and she REEKED OF SHOITE,

How did you know she had a colostomy bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Sounds shameful, although I'm glad they let the lady fly in the end. Although that makes the whole unpleasant scene completely unnecessary. I think some crew members (a minority) actually enjoy embarassing and humiliating people.

How did you know she had a colostomy bag?

She was probably wearing it as a necklace...the way they do ya know :pac:

• Advertisement

they do smell i know this for a fact there was a woman in a shop a few weeks back and she REEKED OF SHOITE,i swear to god i nearly passed out peacefully it was AWFUL nobody should be subjected to that i dont care who it is.It shouldnt happen,ryanair are just looking out for the bulk of their customers profits and all that,(i know i know) its not all bout that ,and her money could be just as good as anybody elses in my opinion but would you honestly put up with the smell?Im being honest when i say i wouldnt.At least im being honest.

What if it's a baby beside you and it has a dirty nappy? do you cause a scene and demand the baby is fcuked out the door?
    You are being honest yes but all it does is highlights your ignorance of the situation.

I used to work in a nursing home,and the smell off some of the clients/patients was sometimes awful,you knew they had just shat themselves in their nappy,and it was that same smell,and she had(the woman in the shop)something poking out of her top..thats how i knew..

What if it's a baby beside you and it has a dirty nappy? do you cause a scene and demand the baby is fcuked out the door?
    You are being honest yes but all it does is highlights your ignorance of the situation.

Thats so true, manys the time I've noticed a baby being changed across the 3 empty seats behind or in front, by a parent.

Nappies != colostomy bag

I used to work in a nursing home,and the smell off some of the clients/patients was sometimes awful,you knew they had just shat themselves in their nappy,and it was that same smell,and she had(the woman in the shop)something poking out of her top..thats how i knew..
    Really? I somehow doubt that. If it's true then I feel sorry for those old people.

• Advertisement

'Christmas' has included babies in his list of people that he would refuse entry on to a plane.

I'd say Christmas makes a lot of lists.

no i dont cause a scene i understand things happen but theres a time and a place,family friendly establishments like mcdonalds and that have baby changing facilities and thankfully the mothers use them and dont put up with the smell for long and for the childs sake..

im being honest not ignorant about the situation who wants to put up with the smell?be honest.

God help those old people if you were looking after them. It's no wonder nursing homes have a bad rep with people like you working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Everyone would refuse a lady with a colostomy bag. Now an airline refusing to let such fly...well that might be different.

God help those old people if you were looking after them. It's no wonder nursing homes have a bad rep with people like you working there.

how dare you,you havent a clue,you dont even know me,i did a good job while i was there what was required of me and i was friendly towards the patients even chatted to them on some of my breaks..

they do smell i know this for a fact there was a woman in a shop a few weeks back and she REEKED OF SHOITE,i swear to god i nearly passed out peacefully it was AWFUL .....

Was this shop in D4? :rolleyes:

im being honest not ignorant about the situation who wants to put up with the smell?be honest.

I reckon nobody wants to 'put up' with the situation (least of all the woman with the colostomy bag) but life is difficult. If you think sitting beside someone with a colostomy bag is difficult, here's something you could do: try and picture how more difficult it would be if you had a colostomy bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Don't forget people who go shopping on Talbot Street with their children!

Egestion is not excretion.

I know its not easy for them and to have that smell follow them around,i dont envy their position but unforutnatley not everybody thinks in the other persons shoes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

im getting there,i feel its my public duty to not be obese or a complete eyesore which ..........

Yet you don't feel the need to stop posting utter shite....odd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement