Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair refuses elderly lady with Colostomy bag

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Seriously, I'm going to say this once so hopefully it will penetrate Christmas' unique brain and we can stop moving in circles...

COLOSTOMY BAGS DO NOT SMELL. THEY ARE DESIGNED NOT TO SMELL. EVERYTHING IN THE BAG IS CONTAINED AND BECAUSE OF THIS THERE IS NO SMELL.

Stop using smell as an argument when you're clearly just a troll. A successful troll unfortunately but a troll none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

how dare you,you havent a clue,you dont even know me,i did a good job while i was there what was required of me and i was friendly towards the patients even chatted to them on some of my breaks..

Sorry you expect me to believe you had any respect for those people in the nursing home considering your attitude to this lady.
    You even chatted to them ? well weren't they the lucky ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I used to work in a nursing home,and the smell off some of the clients/patients was sometimes awful,you knew they had just shat themselves in their nappy,and it was that same smell,and she had(the woman in the shop)something poking out of her top..thats how i knew..

Your **** smells as well you know.

Good God, it is not like these people choose to live like this. Have a f*cking heart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Egestion is not excretion.

its still shoite that comes out the other end :pac:

phasers wrote: »

Stop using smell as an argument when you're clearly just a troll. A successful troll unfortunately but a troll none the less.

Not successful really as we all know what he is. He thinks he is successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

its still shoite that comes out the other end :pac:

Yes it is - and that is not excretion.

You may be improving your physical appearance but I fear there's little you will be able to do to mask your rotten core.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

hondasam wrote: »

He is she

;)

Jarren wrote: »
    He is she

;)

You know that for a fact? I'm not so sure it's a she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Yes it is - and that is not excretion.

You may be improving your physical appearance but I fear there's little you will be able to do to mask your rotten core.

And his/her ignorance. Don't forget the ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I cant understand why anyone is bothering replying to that xmas goon, its plain to see that he is on a wind up . Its just for effect folks.

Ryanair is a disgrace over this and the staff member that caused the distress should be made to apologise to the woman involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

thats really ****ty but in fairness who would want to be sitting beside a smelly old lady there just looking out for the bulk of their customers and its a hygiene issue also its like really fat people they shouldnt be allowed bord,i would put a ban also on elderly people and children there just so ****ing annoying..i mean elderly people take an hour to walk while youre behind them,they expect you to carry their bags or assist in some way blocking up the queue,and children scream cry and run underneath you,fat people sweat like crazy and it takes an hour of manouvering around them **** them
    I don't care about spelling or grammar or any other type of punctuation besides the following - but you take pauses when you speak, therefore would you just use commas, full stops or dashes to indicate pauses when you're writing? Because it's really f'ucking lazy, and painful for the reader, not to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

She's a little Christmas fairy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

nothing wrong with having a colostomy bag...........as long as she doesnt have shoes to match

colostomy bags dont smell Christmas2012, as Im sure you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I know its not easy for them and to have that smell follow them around,i dont envy their position but unforutnatley not everybody thinks in the other persons shoes..
    Ah stop will ya, I've nursed dozens of people with them, there is never ever a smell off them unless the rare time they leak. Now stop being ignorant, it could be you some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Wouldn't be surprised by anything Ryanair does.

The ****ers charged me €50 to bring my bag on a recent flight-the little metal frames they have at the airport to check hand luggage size are much smaller than the dimensions given as acceptable on their site. Scumbag scam artists, I'm not flying with them again as long as I can avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

One day christmas will make a post worth reading. Today is not that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79756691&postcount=1

Pretty sure ,yeah :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You know what a colostomy bag is, right? It's not like the person is sitting there with a sh*t in their hands.

I now have a mental image of someone grasping a turd. You can't have it, it's mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I used to work in a nursing home,and the smell off some of the clients/patients was sometimes awful,you knew they had just shat themselves in their nappy,and it was that same smell,and she had(the woman in the shop)something poking out of her top..thats how i knew..

I smell something alright.

Do you truely believe you saw a colostomy bag poking outside her top?

How you answer is important here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ihateusernames

poor ryanair, they get abused when they take the piss, when they dont they still get abuse..........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Jarren wrote: »
    He is she

;)

i got that dont think a bloke would start a post with
    how dare you

with 2300+ post's to her name i wonder how many of them are shoite:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

i was friendly towards the patients even chatted to them on some of my breaks..

This is the best bit.

with 2300+ post's to her name i wonder how many of them are shoite:D

I still think male disguising himself as a female or maybe he/she is confused. It might even be an oap.

kowloon wrote: »
    I now have a mental image of someone grasping a turd. You can't have it, it's mine!

I think we both have it now.

I still think male disguising himself as a female or maybe he/she is confused. It might even be an oap.

Why do you think he's pretending to be a woman rather than actually being a woman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

If you have an issue with a poster or post, report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

:eek:

oh noes a cyber trannie.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I'm on the phone and link will take an age to load, so I haven't read it.

Would having a colostomy bag be classed as having a disabilty? If so, have Ryanair and the employees involved not breached the disabilty act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

Bear in mind that, if this lady has a colostomy bag, she's most likely just recovered (if she's even fully recovered) from bowel cancer or some pretty major bowel pathology. To do this to her on top of that is really low :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Could everybody stop quoting Christmas, I have her on my ignore list and do not want to read her shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

2 stroke wrote: »
    Could everybody stop quoting Christmas, I have her on my ignore list and do not want to read her shite.

SOME of her posts are comedy gold,hilarious and daft....
    I said some ... not all...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Would having a colostomy bag be classed as having a disabilty?

My father had colon cancer, and as a result had a colostomy bag. I'm not sure about classification, but he never considered himself disabled due to it. And he never had trouble getting on an airplane with it or supplies for it, either. This was in the States, though; but I really can't imagine why having an extra bag for changing wouldn't be allowed anywhere.

As for it smelling: he took care of himself, made sure it was always clean, changed it regularly (which was why he would take an extra bag in his carry on luggage), so he never smelled. You never would have known he had one unless he admitted to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I've often defended Ryanair on the Consumer Issues Mega-Thread. But this is just awful form by them, out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Wouldn't have happened on an aerlingus flight! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

the little metal frames they have at the airport to check hand luggage size are much smaller than the dimensions given as acceptable on their site. Scumbag scam artists, I'm not flying with them again as long as I can avoid it.

I'm afraid that just isn't true. You must have read the dimensions on their site wrong because they are exactly the same. The treatment of this lady was disgraceful but I have to admit I am extremely grateful for Ryanair. If it wasn't for their cheap flights I wouldn't have been able to travel all over Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

how dare you,you havent a clue,you dont even know me,i did a good job while i was there what was required of me and i was friendly towards the patients even chatted to them on some of my breaks..

Of course you did, once they didn't smell. All I can say is don't feed trolls people. Fcuk me "I even chatted to them, worker of the year there".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

According to Ryanair, passengers who wish to carry and use medical equipment during flights must first contact their dedicated special assistance line. “This special assistance phone line is used by thousands of passengers each year, without issue,” the airline said in a written statement.
    However Duff claims that she did so on three different occasions. Each time she was forced to wait 30 minutes and could not get through.

It's Ryanair. It's well known that they're bad for stuff like this and you should expect to wait more than 30 mins to get through to them. It's part and parcel of getting dirt cheap flights. If she had such a medical condition, she should have made every effort to make sure it was ok (stay on the phone until they answer, not half an hour), or else paid extra and gone with an airline known for customer service. I have sympathy, but Ryanair's reputation is well known at this stage and such a problem could have been avoided by the customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I hearby colon Michael O'Leary to issue an apology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Duff’s local TD Gerry Adams has called for a “full and fulsome” apology from Ryanair.

At least that gave me a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did you ever look after any one with a Colostomy though. I doubt it based on your contribution so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

How big is one of the bags empty? Around A4?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

She must have been browned off

irish-stew wrote: »
    Did you ever look after any one with a Colostomy though. I doubt it based on your contribution so far.

no i didnt but i worked with a lot of incontinent patients wearing nappies as they forgot their toilet training due to alzheimers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

no i didnt but i worked with a lot of incontinent patients wearing nappies as they forgot their toilet training due to alzheimers..

You might answer the question put to you here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79837243&postcount=70

• Advertisement

Good god. I at least assumed you'd interacted with people who had colostomy bags. So what exactly have you been talking about for the whole thread?

there were some convalescing patients but i didnt work on that ward but i saw them from time to time on my way down the corridor so ya..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

there were some convalescing patients but i didnt work on that ward but i saw them from time to time on my way down the corridor so ya..

Some reason you can't answer mickey dolenz question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

This might be against forum rules but you are a complete wanker. You are very obviously single as no one in their right mind would put up with someone with such a selfish hateful childish attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Then surely you will remember that people with fecal incontinence may not always have a strong smell from their movements, unless they maybe have diarrhoea or an infection in their bowels, the same applies to those who wear a Colostomy bag. You would also know that most Colostomy bags depending on there design have a filter in place to prevent any unpleasent odour, and that you probably wouldn't even know someone had a Colostomy unless you were told.

Or are you really just talking s***?

• Advertisement
Advertisement