Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick DoE and road tax question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

piuswal wrote: »
    Thanks Irishgoatman.

Almost there.

Got DOE cert. Test centre about 3km away, luckily.

Realised the cert only covered a few months up to end of the NI cert in fact.
    Test Centre said I'd have to sort it out with RSA.

RSA said that Test Centre had instructions as to how to input info to ensure I'd get a 2 year cert; it had been the other way it seems, and that they obviously did not follow the new instructions but that they would ensure I got the 2 year cert. I'd get the short one first and the 2 year some weeks later.

Used DOE receipt to get taxed; no problem, €102.

2 year cert arrived about 2 weeks ago.

Queried Revenue valuation, they had used my receipt and 2 valuations, much higher, which they got on the web.

No comparable MH on sale here so I got 3 others from different parts of the EU averaging out about 10% less than Revenue valuations..

Almost by return of post all documentation was returned with a curt note saying it was incomplete as I did not include a valuation from a dealer here..

I responded by pointing out that their online instructions said evidentiary documentation "may" not "must" include a dealer valuation and if they used overseas valuations I should be able to do the same.

This time I got an acknowledgement letter, almost by return of post, daying the Appeal was being considered.

I'm awaiting the response.

October 6th response from Revenue finally arrived.

They have accepted my examples of the MHs value as opposed to theirs,

Getting a few hundred euro back.

Their initial response to my claim was that I should have enclosed a dealers valuation. It was this I queried on the basis that the appeals documentation process said that supporting evidence "may" include a dealers valuation.

Given that an "expert" advised me to accept Revenues valuation, based on their trawl for comparable vehicles I'm glad I searched that little bit deeper and challenged their interpretation of what was required as supporting evidence.

Advertisement