Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Casuals 21/7/2012

Options
  • 20-07-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey guys, sorry for the really short notice: I just needed to get confirmation before I said anything. But would anyone in Cork this Saturday be up for some casuals at my place? We'll start at around 8pm. I've got a PS3 and 360, and a copy of SFIV and UMvC3. We can happily play other games if someone would bring along a copy. If anyone's interested, send me a PM and I'll give you directions. See you around! - Sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry for the really short notice: I just needed to get confirmation before I said anything. But would anyone in Cork this Saturday be up for some casuals at my place? We'll start at around 8pm. I've got a PS3 and 360, and a copy of SFIV and UMvC3. We can happily play other games if someone would bring along a copy. If anyone's interested, send me a PM and I'll give you directions. See you around! - Sam

I would've been interested(although it would be a bit awkward since I've never met you xD) but it is fairly short notice and 8pm? It'd be a bit of a hassle considering I live in Youghal :(

Make sure to post earlier next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm not certain what my plans are tomorrow yet but if you're somewhere in the city I'd call in for an hour or two, keep me out of trouble.

Firlocke, I run casuals at my place from time to time midweek and they are on during the day if that would suit you better. They haven't been on for a while due to some other stuff getting in the way but if you're interested I could send you a pm in advance of the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

FirLocke wrote: »
    I would've been interested(although it would be a bit awkward since I've never met you xD) but it is fairly short notice and 8pm? It'd be a bit of a hassle considering I live in Youghal :(

Make sure to post earlier next time!

Like I said, I wish I could have, but I just had to make sure first. Life's tough on you like that! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Can't make it after all, have stuff to do in advance of tomorrow and it's going to take longer than I expected.

A little more notice is kind of key with regards to casuals down here since travel is a bit of an issue for lots of the lads. I know you can't post your address either but a rough idea of the location ie. city centre, Douglas, College road etc. would help people make up their mind with regards to coming along.

Hopefully will see you at the next casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

crap i just got on the computer today and saw this, i would of made it if there was more time made to a prior notice to this small casual event,

next time give a 3 or 4 day notice or a week at best :p unless there was then i screwed up on that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Yeah I am in same boat as shokashi, just saw this today. I woulda gone, if you ahve anohter one with a bit better notice I'll definitely go.

Thanks for the advice, lads. I've made some chats now, and my place will actually be good for a set of casuals next Saturday, the 28th. I'm not sure what time of day suits everyone best, but I can make adjustments for any time after 4pm.

Forgive the double post, but an important update.

Thanks to some complications, I've good news and some bad news. The bad news is that we'll have to close up shop at 9:30pm, which might be pretty early for some of you. The good news is that we can open up a little earlier, at 5pm!

Hope that's not too much of a problem for anyone!

Advertisement