Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember Summer Irish College in Gorey back in the day

Options
  • 20-07-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone remember a summer Irish College in Gorey (closed late 70s). It ran for many years and was housed in a huge mansion house that is now in private hands - Ramsfort House (I think).

Back then it was known as Colaiste Charmain (please excuse my Irish). For decades it used to be a training colllege for woodwork teachers.

I was there for its last year - summer 1978. Had a ball. Trips to Courtown seemed very exciting then! Anyone remember it - or better still anyone go to the college. Would love to hear.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭mail

Hi I attended that college around 75 ,didnt think much of the food and they were very strict there also. Trips into Gorey and Courtown where we were given more freedom. Maybe it was my age then and being more against the establishment. The reason I attended is because I won a scholarship in oral Irish and it didnt cost me anything , but I felt I was losing out on the summer holidays doing an extra three weeks in school. If I had the chance now I would love to do it.

Advertisement