Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London

Options
  • 20-07-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Due to my new work I'm moving to London in a few months and I'm trying to sell my old flat in Dublin and to rent a new place in London. I don't have much time so I'm thinking of getting a real estate agent to help me. It's kind of hard to get an overview via google, I only get big real estate agencies like knightfrank, hamptons or rh 45 rhodium when I search on google, so I don't really know where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone made good experience with a real estate agency in London or Dublin?

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Where do you want to live? How well do you know London? Do you need to be in the centre, on a tube/train route or do you want to commute??

Are you planning to buy or rent? Do you want a house or a flat??

I'm from London, so can help, but your post is a little vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamesrus

Sorry maybe I shoulkd give some more information :) My workplace is in Mayfair, something with a good tube connection to there would be nice. I'm planning to rent a flat, but I haven't got much time to search myself, so a real estate agent would be great. I've been to London quite a few times but London is huge, I wouldn't say I know it well. I just need someone who can take some work off my back and take care of all the flat searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

South of the river? Can't beat Clapham, Battersea, Balham or Wandsworth (I'm from Wandsworth myself! :)). Clapham Junction overhead takes you to Victoria in 15 mins, so that's Clapham & Battersea covered. Balham's on the same line but takes about 15-20 mins. Wandsworth Town trains go to Waterloo, but you can change at Clapham Junction which is only one stop away. Wandsworth Common station is on the same overhead line to Victoria, and again takes about 15-20 mins. From Victoria, you can take a 25 to Mayfair.

North of river? Probably Islington or Highbury might be the best bet. Highbury & Islington is on the Victoria Line (Underground) and you can get to Green Park in about 20 minutes.

And BTW. Don't touch Knight Frank or Hamptons with a barge pole. Terrible to deal with, I've heard so many bad stories about them....Get on to Rightmoe and search there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamesrus

Ok thanks for your help! I'll keep that in mind. I'm in London next weekend and I'll drop by a few places you mentioned. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Most importantly, what's your budget and what are your expectations in terms of facilities? What experience (if any) do you have in commuting? Without some idea on these it's not possible to give any meaningful advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement