Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on opening a doggy day care please!?

• 20-07-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi eveyone,
    I was just hoping to get some advice and opinions on opening a day care for dogs. Baically I would be doing it from home however am wander if my location would be an issue as its rural (carlow/wicklow border) so unsure if would be a demand for such a service. I do plan on getting a van so pick up or perhaps meeting owners on way to work or whereever would be an option.
    Also I dont have any qualifications but do have a huge amount of experience with dogs of various breeds and I have 7rescue dogs of my own ranging from a staff to minature fox terrier, would lack of a formal qualification be a problem for people? If anyone has any advice at all I would love to hear it, im far from starting this business and know there are alot of things I would have to look into such as insurance ect.
    Sorry this post is alover the place (its my first one!) thankyou in advance for any replys I may get and really just want to know do people think there is s demand out there, basically is it a good idea?
    Thanx agsin Petite

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Petite84 wrote: »
    Hi eveyone,
    I was just hoping to get some advice and opinions on opening a day care for dogs. Baically I would be doing it from home however am wander if my location would be an issue as its rural (carlow/wicklow border) so unsure if would be a demand for such a service. I do plan on getting a van so pick up or perhaps meeting owners on way to work or whereever would be an option.
    Also I dont have any qualifications but do have a huge amount of experience with dogs of various breeds and I have 7rescue dogs of my own ranging from a staff to minature fox terrier, would lack of a formal qualification be a problem for people? If anyone has any advice at all I would love to hear it, im far from starting this business and know there are alot of things I would have to look into such as insurance ect.
    Sorry this post is alover the place (its my first one!) thankyou in advance for any replys I may get and really just want to know do people think there is s demand out there, basically is it a good idea?
    Thanx agsin Petite

Hey, there's a pet sitting service that may be looking for dog walkers in and around your area petsittersireland I think their called. You could try do a few walks for them and get a feel for if their is a need for a daycare.

Advertisement