Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd year electronic engineering projects

• 20-07-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hey guys , i was just wondering if any of you know what the project courses are for 3rd year electronic engineering.
    are there any i should stay away from or any you would recommend.

thanks to everyone in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jeffacakeblake

Ok, these were the options presented last year. I went with the analogue amplifier which had a choice of 3 different ones, a power amplifier, a pre-amp and a microphone amp. I chose the power amplifier. Declan Ennis is the lecturer for it and the project was a good one but the theory of it can get a bit daunting. The physical work is quite handy and all in all its a pretty good one.

The transceiver was a basic transmitter and receiver but the guys who done it had little or no help on it as they were informed they would learn more this way. The lecturer on it retired so no idea who will take up the mantle. The guys seemed to find it good all the same.

The final one was connect 4 and it is predominantly code so stay away from it if you dont like coding. Saying that it seemed the most fun one to do and the game was really cool to play when it was done. I think this one is the easiest to write a report on as there are very definite sections of code to describe.

All in I think they were 3 good options and I decided mine on what I felt I was weakest at. I wont do that again though and so I would recommend picking one to suit your strengths.

P.s. If there is a new one the college hasn't done before then I'd suggest staying clear as these tend to be a bit disastrous towards the end.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conlcn

Hey,

I did the transceiver project last year. It was a handy enough project, you built the transmitter in telecoms or digital I think.

When we were given the project briefing we were told that if you replicated the project exactly you'd get a B, if you wanted the A you'd have to put the work in and show them something different. I tried to implement the project using VHDL, but i couldn't find the right board to do it.

I think that the project is being replaced this year from what one of the lectures was saying.

Advertisement