Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card

Options
  • 20-07-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Ok so good news I've just inherited my cousins gaming PC well for the time being.. he's going on a trip for a few months and since I've still haven't gotten round to building my own for several reasons i'm taking his till he comes home :D

the only problem is that in order to pay for his trip he had to sell his GPU it was a 7870 that he'd bought so i need a new GPU.

the specs is

ASUS P67 board..(not sure the exact model) but has at least 1 PCIe x16 slot free
    Intel i5 2500k running at 4.5ghz cooled with Crosair h60 (i think)
    4gb Ram
    OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
    Corsair case (again not sure the model but plenty of room)

so i want to buy a GPU that i can use with this system until he comes home and i build my own so what recommendations would you recommend... I was looking at a GTX 670 but for only 1 monitor with highest settings @1080p is this too much?

oh and the PSU is 650w so i don't think i need worry about power

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I chug along quite happily on my 6870. For one monitor I don't think you need to go much higher than a 7870 or 7950 for 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

i might even go for a 7850 and overclock it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So when he is back you give pc back and use gpu for your build?
    Might aswel get something nice now, as big part of build is gpu and you will have taken care of it.

670 is a lovely card. Thought 7950 could be a good card after price slash. I don't know of its already done, or is it in a few weeks. Haven't checked gpu market lately.

Advertisement