Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urban Decay Make Up course?

• 20-07-2012 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Considering doing one,just wondering if anyone else has done it? If so would they recommend it?.

It would be primarily hobby for me although I would not rule out working at a Make Up counter some day.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

where is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Debenhams ,in Limerick in my case......E200 for 4 nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Freiheit wrote: »
    Debenhams ,in Limerick in my case......E200 for 4 nights.

I'm highly thinking of doing this! You get the 200 back with the products they give you. When is it running again or do you have to book in or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I would love to do this in Dublin if anyone has more info on it!

the month of august,enquire at an urban decay counter,it's friday 6.30-8.30 i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My best friend works on an Urban Decay make up counter in Debenhams, she's an Arts student and has absolutely no Make Up qualifications or experience with make up before getting the job! Sounds like a great course but some MU counters will teach you on the job. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

OH my god, I would love to do one of these!! Why isn't there one in Dublin? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

Does anyone know if they'll be doing this in Cork again anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

MissRetro wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they'll be doing this in Cork again anytime soon?

I enquired yesterday and they're starting a five week course (one night a week) at the end of August/start of September. It's 250 euro.

Does anyone know if it is worth the money? I know they say you get a kit worth that amount but when I asked the MUA what was in the kit she was kinda vague.

attended the course last night,it was fun,was it worth E200? hard to say,probably was as they seem to be including a lesson/drop in service during the week one on one for no extra charge....I had done a course previously and this was more focused on the students make up needs rather than the industry,i suppose less professional in a sense,but better for it.

I wouldn't be easy to make it as a career,i almost certainly won't but if I can learn a few skills for myself and meet new people then it will be ok value.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

What was in the kit?

you get to choose what you want,ive still e8 to go,i got 2 largeish eye shadow palettes,one mostly browns,another bolder with purples,greens,blues,2 liquid eye liners,purple and green,'settling' spray and there might be something else,must 'play' with them later!..I want to be bold and no longer play it safe!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

Hi Girls we are going to be starting this in the next week or so. Places will be limited so if you are interested please email me for more details.

urbandecaydundrum@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Miss Congeniality

Hi Freiheit
    I was just wondering how the Urban Decay course went overall?? I'm thinking about doing the next one starting next wk so am assuming that your course is finished now... would you recommend it ?? Were the tutors good and informative??
    Apparently it will now be on Fridays from 6-8pm and is at the counter - I'm just worried as they are open till 8pm so wouldn't it be busy with customers??
    Any feedback you could give would be most appreciated :)
    Thanks

Hi Miss Congeniality,there's the odd person enquiring about products but very few and it's more 5.30-715-7.30. It was more a fun course than career orientated (although it could be used for such) but the tutors are knowledgable and one in particular a bit wacky....so yeah if you have E200 (you'l get it back in products) then go for it.

I had done a course with Caroline Bourke and it was a bit more pressurised in that you applied make up on classmates,here it's yourself with help from the tutor. You can take photo's and well maybe include them in a portfolio or facebook!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Miss Congeniality

Thanks Freiheit for the update !! Sounds good :D

Your welcome I actually missed one class so might see you there!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

There run every month in limerick - it would be worth signing up for one of them.

After all ive heard,i will be going to one of their classes run maybe this next month as it sounds great,getting your 200 worth in make up experience,and not to mention materials!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'd love if they did them regularly in Henry St. Debenhams. Sounds like a really good course. Useful too.

There's also a 'card' for a make over after your course and a few free samples the last night. You will sometimes get people on the street watching and a bus stop outside which leads to kids hanging around the corner but a minor negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Busi Girl

Sorry for dragging up this thread again but anyone know if there courses are being ran again in the next few months? Thanks

Advertisement