Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump out on beach?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Lucky me I am off on holidays, so excited. But I've never been sunbathing in Italy before while pregnant and am wondering do pregnant women usually wear bikinis or just swimsuits?

I am over 7months so it's quite a big bump, it would be nice to get a bit of sunshine on my belly- I will be suncreamed up of course.

Just wondering what you all think- swimsuit or bikini?

Bump out on beach? 23 votes

Bikini
    0%
    Swimsuit
    100%
    xzantiSquigglerGinnyfakefurbabeAcoshlamissis aggielorebringercyningcyndergoldlocks10iffy_2007liliqnotsobusydublinladyFri.DayCiara 5JuicyfruitRaeonexiwangpushkii 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Whichever you are most comfortable in. I live by the beach in Spain and I see a lot of pregnant women in bikinis.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Swimsuit
    It's a beautiful thing. Do what you are most comfortable doing. Me? I'd go for it! If in doubt, pack a sarong and you have the best of both worlds then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Swimsuit
    Oh bikini if ur happy! I'd feel awful in a swim suit! Love a good bump me! Seen a lot of ladies doing it and no one bats an eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I voted swimsuit but that's just me, I'd never wear a bikini normally as I'm too lumpy. Actually, maybe I should switch my vote as I'd probably be more comfortable wearing a bikini while pregnant - all the lumps join up into a nice smooth bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Excited

Swimsuit
    Lucky me I am off on holidays, so excited. But I've never been sunbathing in Italy before while pregnant and am wondering do pregnant women usually wear bikinis or just swimsuits?

I am over 7months so it's quite a big bump, it would be nice to get a bit of sunshine on my belly- I will be suncreamed up of course.

Just wondering what you all think- swimsuit or bikini?
    Currently in the south of France and have been wearing bikini on the beach. Just love the feel of the sun on my skin :) Having said that I am well lathered up in suncream and wud only spend a max of 1 hr in the sun at a time as worried about becomin dehydrated!! We' re not exactly used to the sun!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

You could always go for a mix and get a tankini. You could pull it up over your belly if you want to get some sun on it and pull it down if you feel uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Thanks guys, gonna bring both. I want to wear the bikini but if I chicken out I'll have the swimsuit.

Don't think the tankini would work for me as it would just keep moving up!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Swimsuit
    I went to Portugal when I was 25 weeks and I proudly flaunted my beautiful bump in bikinis :D

Any other pregnant women I saw were doing the same.. just lash plenty of sunscreen on that badboy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Swimsuit
    Just back from a week at the beach with the bump out, it was bikini all along. I can't imagine a swimsuit being as comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ammal322

I would go for Bikini for sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭jsd1004

xiwang wrote: »
    Just back from a week at the beach with the bump out, it was bikini all along. I can't imagine a swimsuit being as comfortable.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/05/24/study-many-sunscreens-may-be-accelerating-cancer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Make sure you put on loads of suncream. Apart from the cancer risk, there is a skin thing pregnant women can get, like birthmarks or something (called "tache de grossesse" in French, don't know the term in English) which you can get if you are exposed to the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Just to let you know back from my holidays and I wore the bikini most of the time. It was lovely letting my belly out.

Now to do all the unpacking and start packing my hospital bag, only 9 more weeks:D

Advertisement