Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a digital/online marketing programme in Dublin?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good online or digital marketing programme in Dublin. Ideally, I'm looking for a course that lasts a few months. Would be open to a masters but would like to look at certs or diplomas first.

Specifically what I'm interested in is something that also covers communications and PR.

I already have a degree so would be interested in both postgrad and non-postgrad qualifications.

Would really appreciate anyone's insights.

Cheers

W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cameroni

Digital marketing institute have a range of part time and online courses in digital marketing and social media. I just completed their Bootcamp professional diploma in social media marketing and found it to be very good....all lecturers are working in the industry so up to date with what's happening in this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

If you were to talk to employment agencies, they want to see Digital Marketing Institute on the CV if you're applying to Digital Marketing roles, otherwise your CV is going to the bottom drawer. That's from the horse's mouth - got some of the agents talking. It was pretty disappointing, as I was self taught and so had no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭brianoak

If you are open to pursuing a Masters or further, the DCU postgrad cert in Digital Marketing is a good start. You can work it around your job and it entails the comms and online PR elements as you mentioned. If you want to pursue a further academic qualification afterwards you can go down the taught MSc route in DCU, in which they will count the Cert credits towards the award whereby you only have to complete 30 taught credits and a further 30 credits by dissertation/practicum. Alternatively you can pursue an MBS by research.

As a graduate of the course, the difference between learning the theory behind why you are using the tools as opposed to just being taught how to use them was key for me. There is a strong academic focus on this course but this balanced by a range of guest industry lecturers that give real world perspective on the application of what is taught. We worked with live clients on 2 projects giving you something tangible other than an academic qualification to put on your CV.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Thanks a million guys - some good advice there!

Cheers (and apologies for the delayed reply)

Advertisement