Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video in video S/W ?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Going to try video some racing on the weekend. Tried last time to sync the outside and inside footage together to no avail.

Anyone know how to do this using free or open source video editing software?
    Budget is literally zero for this, junior amateur stock cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You have no visual or audio cue to link the videos. The inside video is just looking at the steering wheel so that could be improved. Something needs to be seen or heard in both videos to link them and the inside video needs to be looking at something rather than the steering wheel/dash of the car. Mount the inside camera to the car at a fixed position. If you could take in the person waving the flag in both videos you could link them or link them based on a car in front taking off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

ScumLord wrote: »
    You have no visual or audio cue to link the videos. The inside video is just looking at the steering wheel so that could be improved. Something needs to be seen or heard in both videos to link them and the inside video needs to be looking at something rather than the steering wheel/dash of the car. Mount the inside camera to the car at a fixed position. If you could take in the person waving the flag in both videos you could link them or link them based on a car in front taking off.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, the cameras are being moved. Trial run over etc....

What S/W do I use though? That vid is only a half assed attempt using screen capture S/W like. Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 r3dr00m

@squod,

I'll lay it down for you nice and simple:

1. If you can, position camera inside the car too look on the road and dash if you like.
    2. To sync both video tracks you need either Video or Audio reference. Nice and visible like ScumLord said, man waving a flag, prefer if that was a woman, but that is my opinion.
    3. Use Adobe Premiere, you can get a 30 day trial from Adobe website, and it's more than enough to do it.
    4. In premiere you use "Mark Clip" and set markers in the same place in time in both video, ie. man waving flag, or car in front taking off.
    5. Using "Synchronize" Option in Premiere Pro, you Sync both tracks.
    6. When they are Synced, you scale them and move them around so they are taking up space on the screen the way you like it.

Basically, track preparation is the same as in case of Multi Cam in Premiere Pro. You can see tutorials on Youtube if you don't trust me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

r3dr00m wrote: »
    3. Use Adobe Premiere, you can get a 30 day trial from Adobe website,

Perfect. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 r3dr00m

If you get stuck or need some advice, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement