Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ss wicks

Options
  • 20-07-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

So, I went and bought myself a sheet of 400 from the mesh company to make some as wicks for my Imist. Oxidised 'em 3 times with a blow torch and same again with juice - they're as black as night.They wick like a dream, even with El Toro at 50% VG and there's definitely a stronger taste to any juice.

The question is this - there's a faint metallic taste that is still coming through - is this something that passes after a while?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are you using kanthal wire on the SS wick and normally you'd use nichrome?

i can never get ss wicks working right. yeah I get the decent flavour but **** all vapour..think it wicks too fast and the coils get drowned

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

It's an Imist so the coil is factory supplied. No issue with the wicking - quite surprised as I rolled 'em tight and they wick perfectly for the atty - they're BV's mist attys rather then the Biansi ones and they burn a little hotter generally. Juice flow is perfect it seems it's just the slight metallic taste that I'm wondering whether will linger. Only made 'em this morning so haven't persevered as such, just wondered whether anyone else was in a position to reassure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah right

dunno so.. maybe the ss wick is allowing you such a clean flavour that you're tasting the wire the coil is made of? so it might take a while to break in and for that flavour to go away...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

i get that sometimes, and yes it does pass away in most cases, what i do is after oxidising i burn eliquid once or twice on it right after oxidising,
    seems to do the trick for me, but as stated they will break in with the longer wicks for me

Advertisement