Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your most impressive co-incidence...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My two grandmothers died on the same date, 8 years apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Years ago my dog died. We missed him around the house and being a family that loves dogs, we didn't wait too long to get another one (3 months).

Turns out, the the dog we'd picked (well he kinda picked us) was born the day my old dog died.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭blue note

I wanted to go to a flaming lips concert in vicar street that was sold out a few years back and my housemate had bought a spare ticket, but hadn't found anyone to go with. So the obvious thing happened - she sold them on e-bay (for 70, instead of the face value 40) to my friend on the other side of Dublin who assumed he'd find someone to go with. Then she got pick-pocketed on the way home. I went to the gig with my other friend and it was a few days later when I realised what had happened. I laughed my ass off when I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭blue note

Blisterman wrote: »
    In a million to one shot, my brother's mobile number has the same last six digits as mine.

I've a similar one - the girl I mentioned in my previous post that I lived with in college had the same credit card number as me except for the last 2 digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭malarkus

Went out with a plain Irish girl for 2 years and eventually I had enough and had to get out of it. I figured it would be fun to date a girl completely different in way shape and form so I hooked up with a Spanish tourist covered in tattoos and piercings and with very little English. After dating a month I find out her birthday is the exact same date as my ex's..:confused: the universe hath spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

quickbeam wrote: »
    Both me and my sister were born on Good Friday. Different dates (and year of course).

Do either of your parents have a birthday or maybe their wedding anniversary 9 months before good Friday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Franco Begbie

I was at a double stag at the wknd in Carrick on Shannon.

Both stags are called Ronan Mac (McCarthy and Mcnamara).

They didnt know each other but by co-incidence they had their stag on the exact same date and in the exact same town!

And when they invited me last month to go to their stags there was less than a day between each invite.

Weird co-incidence but I had a good laugh bouncing back and forth between the two stag parties:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I once got into a near fight with a group of young lads in Tenerife a good few years ago. Some little english ****e was starting trouble with an Irish lad. the english guy had friends and your man only had his bird, so i stood in for him. Some little guy tried to start on me, only for me to laugh in his face and tell him to **** off or i will break his legs for him. Friends told him to walk away as is was not worth it as i was much bigger than them.

CAme back home to ireland and a few weeks later same guy is on the news as Man UTDs new strikers, a Mr. Wayne Rooney. My misses had said thank god i didn't actually fight him as her whole family love man U. I should have though, broken both legs and arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Franco Begbie

allibastor wrote: »
    I once got into a near fight with a group of young lads in Tenerife a good few years ago. Some little english ****e was starting trouble with an Irish lad. the english guy had friends and your man only had his bird, so i stood in for him. Some little guy tried to start on me, only for me to laugh in his face and tell him to **** off or i will break his legs for him. Friends told him to walk away as is was not worth it as i was much bigger than them.

CAme back home to ireland and a few weeks later same guy is on the news as Man UTDs new strikers, a Mr. Wayne Rooney. My misses had said thank god i didn't actually fight him as her whole family love man U. I should have though, broken both legs and arms.

The waft of sh*te off that post nearly knocked me over:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

While inter railing my friends and I met this group of girls in a bar near our hotel in Zurich who turned out to be staying in our hotel in the room next to ours.

A few days layer we went to Vienna nearly 1000km away and the same girls were again staying in the hotel room next to ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Comer1

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    While inter railing my friends and I met this group of girls in a bar near our hotel in Zurich who turned out to be staying in our hotel in the room next to ours.

A few days layer we went to Vienna nearly 1000km away and the same girls were again staying in the hotel room next to ours

Stalkers!

Out playing golf with my brother, father and a friend. Hit my ball on a par 3 and got a hole in one. After all the excitement had died down, my brother hit his ball, hole in one. Two brothers, each getting a hole in one on same hole within a couple of minutes of one another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

The waft of sh*te off that post nearly knocked me over:)

why, do soccer players who are not turned fully pro yet not go on holidays. place called linekers in case you were wondering, have been back since, they have photos up on wall of some famous face that have gone there. have a look next time, you might see some you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Comer1 wrote: »
    Stalkers!

Out playing golf with my brother, father and a friend. Hit my ball on a par 3 and got a hole in one. After all the excitement had died down, my brother hit his ball, hole in one. Two brothers, each getting a hole in one on same hole within a couple of minutes of one another.

that is pretty incredible.

My cousin and uncle were playing golf at the local course here some years ago. My cousin sliced his shot to the right, and it hit another ball in mid air, which had just been sliced by another player coming down a parallel fairway in the opposite direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I once downloaded an episode of the Late Show with David Letterman and, to my complete surprise, saw my daughter in the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

My 2 younger brothers both married girls from the same neighbourhood in the states. My two sils went to the same high school and knew each others families.
    One brother met his wife here in Ireland, the other met his wife in England. Completely independently of each other.
    We went to the US for the first wedding and my parents stayed with some old friends who happen to live in the same city as my sils. It turned out that the old friend used to work with my sils father 30 years earlier and remembered my sil as a child.

• Advertisement
Advertisement