Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HBSF30 - quieter Cherry MX 30mm button

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'm interested, but its a shame the first production run will be clear buttons only. I really like the look of that matte black finish!

But I suppose I could spare 50 quid for the guy; its a nice idea he has.

My only question is......do the higher priced rewards still include that bitchin' keychain :P

I love the idea, but i don't like the hexagonal finish on the button surround. It's too unlike anything else on the market. Like he wanted his product to scream "I AM NO ORDINARY BUTTON :mad:"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MackDaddi wrote: »
    I love the idea, but i don't like the hexagonal finish on the button surround. It's too unlike anything else on the market. Like he wanted his product to scream "I AM NO ORDINARY BUTTON :mad:"
    That's what you're supposed to do...

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's what you're supposed to do...

Maybe, they're just not to my taste that's all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Right, I threw a few quid his way. Now hopefully the buttons won't disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Test results from d3v on SRK:
    Additional testing, noise levels from approx. 1ft. away.

Sanwa OBSF-30: 105dB
    Seimitsu PS-14-KN: 105dB
    HBFS-30 (Cherry MX Red): 84dB
    HBFS-30 (Cherry MX Blue): 90dB

Also, from approx. 3ft away.

Sanwa OBSF-30: 89dB
    Seimitsu PS-14-KN: 92dB
    HBFS-30 (Cherry MX Red): 70dB
    HBFS-30 (Cherry MX Blue): 75dB

In other words the harsh, plastic on plastic, sound made by the Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons travels further than that of the cushioned HBFS. This is important since you're girlfriend/wife/toddler isn't always in close proximity to the stick. They might not even be in the same room so how far the sound travels is important.

Also, red's feel like regular Sanwas, blues have a noticeable keyboard-like click.

Advertisement