Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for somebody to take Decking Apart

• 21-07-2012 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Does anyone know of somebody take would take Decking apart and take it away. I have decking in my garden but no longer want it, i took some of it apart but have found it hard to take it all apart, a lot of the nails are wedged right down and rusted, think it would be easier just to get a professional to do it. Am based in Navan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Put some pics up on adverts.ie and you'll have it gone in no time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Where are you living....

I would find it a pleasure in my own home to smash up my decking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

This thread worries me as just waiting for a price on decking.
    Is it high maintenance or rot that the problem is?
    We're going for composite decking with a polycarbonate cover so hopefully there will be little maintenance beyond a little cleaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

bbam wrote: »
    We're going for composite decking with a polycarbonate cover so hopefully there will be little maintenance beyond a little cleaning.

Decking gets old and requires maintenance. All i will say is fit it propperly and you will have less maintenance. I have to powerhose mine every couple of years and re stain it. Outside that i really enjoy it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

A crowbar would make things a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

bbam wrote: »

A family freind has the composite decking down in their back garden around 4-5 years now.

More or less maintainance free and they have never had a single problem,and its also so realistic looking too.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

MarkR wrote: »
    A crowbar would make things a lot easier.

6 euro for a large crowbar in Aldi.

2 different types to choose from.

Advertisement