Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siberian Tiger

Options
  • 21-07-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Aquila wrote: »
    I didnt realise how large these majestic animals grow to when fully adult!Also according to some they are known to take one an adult brown bear :O
    Has anyone any interesting documentaries on them?

There was a great program on National geographic called wild russia which might have featured them on it. Im sorry I cant be more helpful in that regard. Their quite elusive animals as evident by the fact that david attenborough had to film a captive one as opposed to a wild one in planet earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

There was another, older documentary on them also by Nat Geo, called Tigers of the Snow, which has some interesting footage of *SPOILER ALERT* wild Siberian tigers being caught and examined by scientists, a scientist entering a tiger's den at night to examine the cubs while the mother roars not far from there, and my favorite part, a tiger climbing a tree to challenge a helicopter.

They are truly impressive animals, and it is true that they kill and eat brown bears one in a while, although the opposite is also true. It seems, however, that oftentimes the conflict starts when the bear tries to steal a kill from the tiger; the tiger being usually the top cat, doesn´t give up on its prey so easily and violence ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

David Attenborough did a good one recently called wild india

Advertisement