Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

farm bulidings

• 21-07-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

i am thinkin of building a slatted tank of a lean to . but havin a clue how much it would cost . the tank would be about 80ft long 10 ft wide and 8ft deep

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Many variables for you to consider, are you just pricing the tank or including creep areas concreted on one side and how big a feed apron?Are you thinking of getting mass concrete walls at the same time? Would you consider going 10 feet deep? 25% more storage for the 10% extra cost ? Ring 4 or 5 contractors, they should be keen in their pricing this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

i am thinkin of building a slatted tank of a lean to . but havin a clue how much it would cost . the tank would be about 80ft long 10 ft wide and 8ft deep

Not a lot of slurry storage in a 10' wide tank that is 8' deep. especially if you put a 1 metre of conc back and front. I would check if I have enough storage. If you go 14' all you really pay extra is for the extra 4' of conc in the side walls and a small bit extra for slats.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carey7

I am currently shuttering an 80'x13'x8' it is costing me under £9000 sterling slats to cover it £4000. Tank + slats complete job under £13000. Don't know cost of lean too if any one wants to post a costing for a 5 bay x 3 bay

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

Carey7 wrote: »
    I am currently shuttering an 80'x13'x8' it is costing me under £9000 sterling slats to cover it £4000. Tank + slats complete job under £13000. Don't know cost of lean too if any one wants to post a costing for a 5 bay x 3 bay

what area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carey7

Co. Antrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

we doing a 72' tank(4 bay shed with tank 6, out each end) with 14'6" slats. slats inc 2 agitation slats out each end costing 5200. stone approx 1000 steel in tank walls 1950. digger and dump trailer 1200 guy with shuttering who will tie steel and pour tank 3250 concrete approx 4000. total €16600 + vat for tank inc slats hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

I got price there from a contractor for a 5 bay slatted shed,lean two type extending from another existing shed. 13 ft wide slats, 8 ft deep, 2 mixing points outside at each end.
    shuttered tank and back and side walls.
    concreted 13 ft passageway
    sliding door at each end
    5 galvinised pens and feeding barriers
    rest of steel shotblasted and painted
    gutterings

all digger work, easy site to dig and to work
    price was 32000 euro plus vat for complete job
    thoughts on this price appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

I got price there from a contractor for a 5 bay slatted shed,lean two type extending from another existing shed. 13 ft wide slats, 8 ft deep, 2 mixing points outside at each end.
    shuttered tank and back and side walls.
    concreted 13 ft passageway
    sliding door at each end
    5 galvinised pens and feeding barriers
    rest of steel shotblasted and painted
    gutterings

all digger work, easy site to dig and to work
    price was 32000 euro plus vat for complete job
    thoughts on this price appreciated

The price probably isn't too bad but its just I think you feeding passage is away too narrow even its only feeding one side. Need at least 15ft and go 20ft if feeding both sides. Just a tought:cool:

Advertisement