Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music world closing down

Options
  • 21-07-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Was in music world today and I can't get over it is closing down. I've going in and out of the shop over 20 years

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I'm honestly not surprised considering physical music sales at the moment, but I'm sad to see it go as an established Athlone institution. I can clearly remember buying my first ever album there when they were located in the old shopping centre. I admit I have bought much in there in recent years, not because I don't buy cds anymore, but because they rarely stock music I like these days. They've always had nice, friendly, helpful staff and they will be sorely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

It is a petty the lads wouldn't take it over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ah sure I remember when it was over in the old shopping centre. £6.99 for a tape, which was displayed on a revolving stand outside the shop. He moved round the other side when the CDs arrived. Scotts bakery moved in to the old store.

He also had a store up where the old Easons used to be, think its a hairdressers these days.

Anyway, I thought that business was safe and sound. Sure he had no real competition. I've only ever bought one album online. I love buying CDs.

Perhaps Music World is still going well and that it is other business interests pulling it down? Has happened a lot in Ireland in recent years. Ya wouldn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Cant say im suprised to be honest.
    Not enough people buying music these days.
    Ans Seamy was always way too expensive...
    22:99 for a cd????
    No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I brought my first batman video off him along time ago. Found it when we moved house with the price still on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement