Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things youth defence hates..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sarky wrote: »
    I hate you all so very much sometimes.

But WE love you.
    Even if we think your behaviour is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I hate you all so very much sometimes.

I think you mean somtimz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

STOP. PLEASE. :(

Ye have no idea what switching from reading standard English to Early Modern English to that is doing to me...it's torture...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Ye have no idea what switching from reading standard English to Early Modern English to that is doing to me...it's torture...:mad:

Nt as much tortre as KILLIN ur BABEEEIES lik de probots!!!! Chus LIFE!!!!!!

lazygal wrote: »
    Nt as much tortre as KILLIN ur BABEEEIES lik de probots!!!! Chus LIFE!!!!!!

arrrrrgggghhhhhhhh....!!!!!!!

Thou art all dandyprats! I curse thee and prayeth that thy sootkins do wedge betwixt thy asses and thy brains. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

arrrrrgggghhhhhhhh....!!!!!!!

Thou art all dandyprats! I curse thee and prayeth that thy sootkins do wedge betwixt thy asses and thy brains. :mad:

Wouldst that I knoweth the nature of the sootkin - verily, it sounds a most peculiar ailment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

[SIZE="1"]Ye have no idea what switching from reading standard English to Early Modern English to that is doing to me...it's torture...:mad:[/SIZE]

I know I started it, but in my defence I did it for a good reason. Or something that seemed like a good reason at three in the morning.

Obliq wrote: »
    Wouldst that I knoweth the nature of the sootkin - verily, it sounds a most peculiar ailment.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sootikin ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I like to call it being "dead inside".

Better than being dead from the waist down and the neck up :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

:eek: Eeewwww! :mad: Shouldn't have been eating breakfast while reading. My mother warned me.

Obliq wrote: »
    :eek: Eeewwww! :mad: Shouldn't have been eating breakfast while reading. My mother warned me.

Isn't history fun. :D

Finished digesting?

Bonus Eeeeewwwww! point - knickers were not invented until the mid-19th century...think about that....

Clue : gravity plus sootikin =

Finished digesting?

Bonus Eeeeewwwww! point - knickers were not invented until the mid-19th century...think about that....

Yes, knew that about knickers already - It only added to the digestion dilemma (to continue with the attempt, or spit it out) ;)

Sticky feet :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Finished digesting?

Both atein' and drinkin' in it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well, I can't unclick that link what I clicked, and I can't unread that readin' what I read. So, in the spirit of 'share the horror', ladies and gentlemen, may I present my findings...

http://sootikins.tumblr.com/

:eek::eek::eek:

Sometimes knowledge is power. Sometimes knowledge should just not be known. Yes. One can know too much.

endacl wrote: »
    Well, I can't unclick that link what I clicked, and I can't unread that readin' what I read. So, in the spirit of 'share the horror', ladies and gentlemen, may I present my findings...

Sometimes knowledge is power. Sometimes knowledge should just not be known. Yes. One can know too much.

You know that rhyme about the 'mouse' under the queen's chair....:D

• Advertisement

You know that rhyme about the 'mouse' under the queen's chair....:D
    STOP! STOP NOW!!

STOP! STOP NOW!!

But don't you want to hear about the Sootikin Sweepers employed by the CoE?

But don't you want to hear about the Sootikin Sweepers employed by the CoE?
    :eek:

*RHUBARB - RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -RHUBARB -*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Umm, most of that site is made up...

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »

The sootikin bit isn't. :D

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    Can't be. Its on the internet. Don't be so naive.

That's the main problem with this forum! The naievittynaeevity NouveauToffee nativity......... Damn hard to spell words!! The silliness!

:D

Can't be. Its on the internet. Don't be so naive.

That's the main problem with this forum! The naievittynaeevity NouveauToffee nativity......... Damn hard to spell words!! The silliness!

:D

I am but a naif waif and know nothing of silliness or hard to spell words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

For a second I thought that said their building was smeared with foetuses...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Galvasean wrote: »

The articles were taped to their (American fundie-funded) shutters on the 13th of February. I dunno about you, but it seems weird that they would mention this 8/9 days afterwards. There's something about this which reminds me of the burning of the Reichstag in February 1933.

Also, has anyone else noticed Jugendschutz stalls popping up around the country today? I went to Navan and noticed them near Supermac's. Seeing them made my blood pressure rise to uncomfortable levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Youth Defence seem to hate lower case letters if their twitter account is anything to go by. It seems that the pro life "survey" shows that most people are PRO LIFE and this is a FACT.

It seems that if you put the word FACT in capital letters after any sentence, it automatically makes that sentence true.

"66% of people are against abortion. FACT."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

What they should really have said was "even when we ask are you a lovely good person or an evil baby murderer 34% of people still wouldn't side with us"

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Looks like they hate women by the looks of this ad:eek:

67375_10151541596582363_1452466145_n.png

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh dear.

Presumably that's another stock photo they didn't get permission to use. How much time before someone shoops the same woman saying "Why yes. Yes I would."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement

Oh. iStock have a Twitter account. I think I'll just ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Keywords: 'real people'.

Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Is the really bad pixelly crosshair on the ad or was that added?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

You see, once you introduce abortions, it'll lead to mandatory reverse abortions.

You can see the logical progression. Legalise abortion for when a woman's life is at risk and the next thing you know the reverse abortion sniper squads will be driving around looking for their next kill. It could be you!!!!
    Killing you after you've been born, but somehow still an abortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd still be pro-choice if they were the ones being chosen. And I know what my choice would be.

My choice would be No, because a grown woman is not the same as a parasitic ball of cells.

Bobby42 wrote: »
    You see, once you introduce abortions, it'll lead to mandatory reverse abortions.

You can see the logical progression. Legalise abortion for when a woman's life is at risk and the next thing you know the reverse abortion sniper squads will be driving around looking for their next kill. It could be you!!!!

Wasn't Jean Claude Van Dammit in that film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Bobby42 wrote: »

Large bore rifles, hangin round with the lads.....I wonder what the pay would be.
    That sounds awful.

fitz0 wrote: »
    Is the really bad pixelly crosshair on the ad or was that added?

On the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Youth Defence hate education, intelligence and independent thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Nodin wrote: »
    On the ad.

As bad as the ad is, they could at least have used a smooth circle. Something tells me that whoever makes their posters didn't put that in but some eejit photoshopped it in afterwards thinking it would make the point better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Poor photoshop. You should be able to see a foetus in the woman's eye if you adjust the sniper scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Another thing Youth Defence hates: commenting on the Savita enquiry since the "Catholic country" comment was confirmed, hours after they said "Doctor was prepared to deliver Savita's baby, and denies 'Catholic country' remark.

It's time the facts were known. Click 'like' if you agree."

Well, now the facts are known and they hate that too.

And with the increasingly alarming details of shoddy and negligent care Savita recieved they've also shut up about "safest place on earth for mothers".

Edit: Precious Life have also gone silent on the issue since Wednesday.

A number of organisations that share space with Youth Defence seem to have it for contraception
    http://geoffsshorts.blogspot.ie/2013/05/theyre-coming-for-your-condoms.html

A number of organisations that share space with Youth Defence seem to have it for contraception
    http://geoffsshorts.blogspot.ie/2013/05/theyre-coming-for-your-condoms.html

What an incredible co-inky-dinks!

What an incredible co-inky-dinks!

Ye'd wonder what the office parties are like for that place....

• Advertisement

Ye'd wonder what the office parties are like for that place....

Incestuous :pac:

A lot of kissing yourself under the mistletoe at Christmas, I dare say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I have an image of one guy all alone in a dimly lit office wearing the hat from a Christmas cracker and spiking his own punch... Wishful thinking perhaps...

I have an image of one guy all alone in a dimly lit office wearing the hat from a Christmas cracker and spiking his own punch... Wishful thinking perhaps...

.....I can't imagine they'd allow drink. All that repression -

"Ride Me Majella, Ride me the wrong way"

"Call me a protestant, go on, do it......."

"Yes, I took them out and licked them...now beat the dirty lad off me"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

David Quinn?

• Advertisement
Advertisement