Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do games weigh?

Options
  • 21-07-2012 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

hi guys, I am thinking of selling a few things on adverts and I want to calculate shipping before I put the ad up for sale . Roughly how much would the game (including one thin manual) weigh? I am kind of confused with the anpost shipping calculator

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Why don't you get a weighing scales and check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

last time I posted a game it came to 1.65 for postage. They include the weight of the envelope don't forget. I've posted same to family in germany for not much more. I'd say allow €2 per item when pricing stuff to be sold online.

As an aside Adverts.IE is not what it used to be and I'd be 99% certain the 1st comment on the ad will be along the lines of "Open to swaps" or "swap for something in my ads" that or the usual "I can get that for x euro in x", it's free and easy I know but perhaps consider other sites like donedeal or ebay too :(

I'm pretty sure if you check games up on Amazon/Play and the ilk, they often state how much the game weighs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Thanks for your help. Yeah I decided to sell it on ebay instead since adverts.ie is terrible now actually. I am going to ship them with registered post as I have no comeback if the buyer claims that he did not receive the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

N64 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. Yeah I decided to sell it on ebay instead since adverts.ie is terrible now actually. I am going to ship them with registered post as I have no comeback if the buyer claims that he did not receive the item.

Don't forget ebay will charge you around 10% of final value you sell it for. It might be ok for a few games but if you make any decent bit of money your going get stung.

I sold a camera on there before and they charged me €69 at the end of the month.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement