Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fender Prices

Options
  • 21-07-2012 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So, I got myself a summer job, I'm in the process of getting some money together so naturally, I want a shiny new guitar.

I've had my heart set on a Fender Jaguar Special HH for some time, so I went off on a search for one.

I found the only place to get one easily in the country is Waltons via their website, (which i found great by the way).

The guitar was out of stock so I messaged them about availability and delivery and all that. The message came back saying it takes around a week yada yada yada.... but he also claimed that Fender Prices increase across the board on the 30th of July.

Anyone know if theres any truth in this or if he's just pushing the sale??

Alternatively, does anyone know where i can get a Jaguar Special for under €868??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Fender prices do tend to increase every year or two so I certainly wouldn't be surprised. The company is highly debt-leveraged so I imagine they're under some pressure at the moment.

A cursory glance at thomann suggests that you might be able to get one for €20 less, depending on what model you want - Japanese or Mexican.

From my own point of view, I personally would never pay that much for a MIJ or MIM Fender, especially without a hardcase, when fantastic prices can be had if you buy from the States on ebay and the like. Both of my American G&Ls cost less than that and they came with nice G&G hardcases.

I don't mean to be negative but it's something to think about. I think you could make your money go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FoxyFox

I found that one on thomann literally 2 minutes after posting this, but i would assume any price changes at Fender would affect them just as much.

The specific model I'm looking for is only available MIJ.

Ebay didn't give me any joy, have you got other reliable websites from the states??

Thanks for a good answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Try MusicMaker, I was in there the other week and almost certain I saw a Jaguar HH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FoxyFox

I've seen that one MM, its decent but its the Blacktop Jaguar HH, doesn't have the individual pick-up controls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

FoxyFox wrote: »
    I found that one on thomann literally 2 minutes after posting this, but i would assume any price changes at Fender would affect them just as much.

I would imagine the price increase would only affect stock that's ordered in after the price increase and not the stock the currently in stock. I may be very wrong on this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

A lot of larger shops sell stock bought before the price increase at lower prices until it runs out.

Some others like Richtone Music - why anyone would buy from them, I have no idea - have, in the past, immediately changed the prices on all instruments, regardless of how much they cost wholesale.

It really depends on where you buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Fender Jaguar Baritone Special for 549 sterling if that's any good to you.

Out of stock now though.

http://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/catalog/product/691637/fender-jaguar-baritone-special-hh-rosewood-black

Woodbrass have it for 865 euro, only slightly cheaper.

Advertisement