Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 6 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AdamConnor7

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Ill be working til 9 but so either way ill be auto drafting for some part of it but at least if its an 8 oclock start i might get a chance to draft my TE in the last round!

Will we have a draft order the day before at least?

No the boards rules say it has to be random unfortunately

How much time per pick were you thinking?

90 seconds I was thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

We use the NFL.com random draft order which is 1 hour before draft when its set. And the drafts picks are 90 seconds by default:

These are default settings:

azas6u.jpg

2v96xz4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

So no Flex... just a third WR slot? Is every league doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

gerryfed wrote: »
    So no Flex... just a third WR slot? Is every league doing that?

Yes. For rule changes votes are done and the 3rd WR won out by a couple of votes before last season.

• Advertisement

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Yes. For rule changes votes are done and the 3rd WR won out by a couple of votes before last season.

OK cool, good to know! WR pool is quite deep in fairness I guess. I'm just praying we have 16 active league members :)

Romo broke a bone in his back out for 6-8 weeks apparently. Quietly lowers the draft stock of Dez

Are we any closer to locking in a draft day/time? I've got a fair few to do so be handy locking this in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

the 5th of September works for me, I'm ok with what ever time suits everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5th of September likely suits me as well!

• Advertisement

Yes its the 5th of September for sure. I'm going to set up a poll with times on Doodle.com and post the link here and whichever time has the most votes that's what we will stick with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sullyos09

Ya 5th will be okay with me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Looks like I am travelling with work, so I will have to put an auto draft on. Do you know if there is a way I can customise it, so that I can prioritise certain players and specify that others aren't drafted?

D9Male wrote: »
    Looks like I am travelling with work, so I will have to put an auto draft on. Do you know if there is a way I can customise it, so that I can prioritise certain players and specify that others aren't drafted?

Click onto my team and you will get two options. Click on "Edit pre-draft rankings" and there you go

That is very helpful, thanks. Bloody work getting in the way of my leisure time.

Hi guys. I just realised that Ireland are playing Serbia in a World Cup qualifier on Monday and was wondering if there would be much problems moving it to the Tuesday instead? I'll put a poll with the two days first and we can decide the day on that.

Sorry guys further update. Boards says I can't post a link because I'm a new user. If everyone could just comment on which day would prefer then that can be their vote

Tuesday works better for me. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

I can do Tuesday, but I wont be available until around 9. Id prefer Monday

Monday for me. Have other drafts on Sunday and Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

My vote is Monday

Cant do Tuesday as I'm based in the US and it'll be during our working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Id prefer Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Tuesday is much better for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Monday or Tuesday fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Monday would suit me better but if it was Tuesday it would have to be after 9 as I have football training.

Edit: in saying that if other times suit more people I will try set up an auto draft list and hope I get who I want.

Hi everyone. At the moment there has been 8 votes with 4 for Monday, 3 for Tuesday and 1 either. I'll leave it until this time tomorrow in case of any more votes before we set the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sullyos09

Monday for me

Thanks to those who voted, the draft is Monday the 5th. At say 7:30?

Whatever suits most I suppose. If it could be pushed till 8 that would be great. If not ill set up a draft list for 7:30. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I'll comment the time times and whichever gets the most thumbs up will be the time

7:30pm

8pm

As early as possible please

I'll leave this until Sunday and everyone will know the time Sunday night

8pm is the time for the draft tomorrow. Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement

8pm is the time for the draft tomorrow. Best of luck everyone!

You too mate, cheers for organising! Is it random order, decided 30 mins before the draft yeah?

What's the time per pick?

Stupid 9pm flight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Thanks for organising Adam, looking forward to it!

You too mate, cheers for organising! Is it random order, decided 30 mins before the draft yeah?

Yeah that's the rules for all the leagues on boards unfortunately.

Beefy78 wrote: »

Stupid 9pm flight

It's 90 seconds per pick

• Advertisement

It's 90 seconds per pick

Great, should hopefully get through it quick enough.

Beefy78 wrote: »

Stupid 9pm flight

I am also on a flight, so will hope to get time to sort out my order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Anyone else having problems logging into the fantasy site? Signed up at nfl.com site for the boards fantasy football. Got a email confirmation from nfl that my team name signup was confirmed. Tried to login today and it doesn't recognize me. Thought maybe I had the wrong password. Went through the forgot password function. Received nothing. Waited an hour then tried again. Now they don't recognize email address. Will try one more time later before I give up.

I've had no problems logging in/out etc.

But I did draft for another 16 team league last night and there was massive issues in the draft itself. After about the 9th round.... It constantly kept knocking people into autodraft for no reason, messing up the draft order, and other weird mistakes.

Might be something the commish should keep an eye on, cause I presume he can pause the draft if stuff starts messing up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I've had no problems logging in/out etc.

But I did draft for another 16 team league last night and there was massive issues in the draft itself. After about the 9th round.... It constantly kept knocking people into autodraft for no reason, messing up the draft order, and other weird mistakes.

Might be something the commish should keep an eye on, cause I presume he can pause the draft if stuff starts messing up

Yeah had the exact same problem last night. People ended up drafting two kickers plus bridgewater and others who are out for the season.

The clock on the left and the 'last drafted' on the right were out of sync.

I would advise everyone to have a pretty long queue of players in order to avoid the same thing happening. Really did ruin it for a lot of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

No luck logging in. Looks like I won't be able to make the draft. Just my luck.

Amerika wrote: »
    No luck logging in. Looks like I won't be able to make the draft. Just my luck.

That's very odd. Why don't you set up a new account? And then when the commish logs on, hopefully he can delete your old team and add your new one? Will only take him 5 minutes I'm sure...

Send him a PM even!

I'm here if you want to create a new account just let me know

15 minutes to go everyone get ready and good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ugh I completely forgot. Just logged in now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement