Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 6 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just kicked from it, take it its over.

First timer but happy enough with what I have considering I'm not too familiar with a lot of players. Should be a bit of craic.

Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So glad I set a rough draft board earlier as I wasn't able to make the Draft in the end. Very surprised to see Antonio Brown in my team! Must have been picking first or second so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Knex. wrote: »
    So glad I set a rough draft board earlier as I wasn't able to make the Draft in the end. Very surprised to see Antonio Brown in my team! Must have been picking first or second so?

I'm pretty sure he went first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Thanks for organising Adam - didn't take too long and was a nice distraction from the goings-on in Serbia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Got my last pick in as my plane was taxiing to the runway (not technically legal but hey). I'm pretty happy, at least I was until my email arrived telling me I had a terrible roster with a 1.4% chance of winning.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Got my last pick in as my plane was taxiing to the runway (not technically legal but hey). I'm pretty happy, at least I was until my email arrived telling me I had a terrible roster with a 1.4% chance of winning.

Really, I got an e-mail saying I've a great chance of winning or coming second and thought "I bet they say that to all the guys" :o.

I got a projected record of 4-9...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Not sure that stuff means anything at all

In a different draft I did a mate got autodrafted Bridgewater and Forsett.....got an A Grade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I got a 6-7 finish and a 4.4% chance of winning... and I hate my team haha. Taking a QB early was a poor decision :/ Not sure why I grabbed Cooks either!!

• Advertisement

I got a projected record of 4-9...:(

3-10 for me. I assume that it is based on where players were picked vs the NFL rankings. I 'reached' on several players including Derrick Henry in the fourth round and Chris Hogan in the ninth and I guess that has hurt my ranking.

But hey, it's all meaningless. Looking forward to this season once I get to grips with the NFL.com layout - I've only ever used ESPN prior to this.

3-10 for me. I assume that it is based on where players were picked vs the NFL rankings. I 'reached' on several players including Derrick Henry in the fourth round and Chris Hogan in the ninth and I guess that has hurt my ranking.

But hey, it's all meaningless. Looking forward to this season once I get to grips with the NFL.com layout - I've only ever used ESPN prior to this.

Yeah, I remember being really surprised when Henry went so early---but it could be a masterstroke...just like me taking Todd Gurley last year and stashing him on the bench for a few weeks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

I'm here if you want to create a new account just let me know
    Thanks for the offer but it was too late to do anything as there was only 2 minutes to go before the draft took place when I tried logging in for the last time.

Got an email from NFL.com after the draft that I took a bunch of Wide Receivers in the draft. Have no idea who I have on my team since I still can’t log in and still can’t get an email from NFL.com to change the password. Looks like I’ll be coaching blind this season.

Draft Grade B
    Proj Record 8-5
    Proj Finish T4

On Sunday at our Labor Day picnic I helped my son-in-law pick his team in their police officers draft. They used the Yahoo Fantasy Football Draft. Really nice format with a lot of information on standings, player profiles, byes, and more... and everything worked flawlessly. Draft took about 2 hours. A couple of the officers who were over in the Middle East on Military Reserve were pissed that it took so long as it was like 3 am in the morning.

Amerika wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer but it was too late to do anything as there was only 2 minutes to go before the draft took place when I tried logging in for the last time.

Got an email from NFL.com after the draft that I took a bunch of Wide Receivers in the draft. Have no idea who I have on my team since I still can’t log in and still can’t get an email from NFL.com to change the password. Looks like I’ll be coaching blind this season.

Draft Grade B
    Proj Record 8-5
    Proj Finish T4

On Sunday at our Labor Day picnic I helped my son-in-law pick his team in their police officers draft. They used the Yahoo Fantasy Football Draft. Really nice format with a lot of information on standings, player profiles, byes, and more... and everything worked flawlessly. Draft took about 2 hours. A couple of the officers who were over in the Middle East on Military Reserve were pissed that it took so long as it was like 3 am in the morning.

What was your team name?

gerryfed wrote: »
    What was your team name?
    Jetsonz was my username at NFL.com. The Jetsons was my team name here on boards.

Didn’t get to see how the draft format at NFL.com was laid out but if I could have drafted I would have filled the Bench with 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB, 1 Defense and the rest would have been the top available QB’s. That way I’d have Byes covered and been able to trade QB’s for top player needs when the inevitable injuries at QB position happened.

Yeah, I remember being really surprised when Henry went so early---but it could be a masterstroke...just like me taking Todd Gurley last year and stashing him on the bench for a few weeks :p

I doubt he'd have been on the board when it got back to me the next round because of the nature of a 16 team league.

• Advertisement

Jetsonz

Didn’t get to see how the draft format at NFL.com was laid out but if I could have drafted I would have filled the Bench with 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB, 1 Defense and the rest would have been the top available QB’s. That way I’d have Byes covered and been able to trade QB’s for top player needs when the inevitable injuries at QB position happened.

You've end up with a good team, to be fair. If your concern is the makeup of your bench I'm sure you can trade your way out of that. FWIW with three mandatory WR slots I'd say having at least two WR bench players is the way to go but that's just my opinion.

Putting a Defense on the bench is a total waste of a spot, IMO.

I doubt he'd have been on the board when it got back to me the next round because of the nature of a 16 team league.

I was waiting on him, he definitely wouldn't have been there 16 picks later!

Draft Grade B
    Proj Record 8-5
    Proj Finish T4

You done pretty well considering it was an auto draft. Although I do remember questioning why Gano was taken so early in the draft

Screen%20shot%202016-09-06%20at%2013.33.41.png

phatkev wrote: »
    You done pretty well considering it was an auto draft. Although I do remember questioning why Gano was taken so early in the draft

Yeah that is the big problem with the auto-drafting in a 16 team league - the league drafts for you based on the default rankings and those rankings are based on 10 or 12 team leagues. So you have kickers and D/STs being ranked as late round picks but of course in 16 team drafts those rankings have those players going in the middle round.

You've end up with a good team, to be fair. If your concern is the makeup of your bench I'm sure you can trade your way out of that. FWIW with three mandatory WR slots I'd say having at least two WR bench players is the way to go but that's just my opinion.

Putting a Defense on the bench is a total waste of a spot, IMO.

Thanks. But I can only switch them out if I can ever get to log in.

My thinking was only 1 WR on bench as the pickings are usually light later in the draft. I figured I could trade for a better WR when someone needed a QB. A gamble, I know.

I didn’t get to see how defense scoring was done, but I like the idea of having two of the top defenses so I can switch them out depending on the opposing offenses each week.

• Advertisement

Screen%20shot%202016-09-06%20at%2013.33.41.png

Thanks for the info. Mucho happy with the WR’s. Not too happy with RB picks in Forte and Jones as they both aren’t 100% yet. I wouldn’t have gone with Rivers at QB and would have shot for Rodgers, Newton or Roethlisberger. And not thrilled with Gates at TE. What happens when Gates lines up at WR as he did so often last year? Does he still get the same points? Texans defense would have been okay for the bench but I would have shot for the Broncos or Seahawks. And I think the Jets will have an killer defense this year, especially with the front line. And so many Raven’s on the bench? Would never have gone that way with them coming off a 5-11 season last year. When did Gano go?

Rodgers went first round I think so you wouldn't have got him.

Probably not then. I would have gone with Beckham at WR in the first round, then gone for a QB in second round. I know most go for QB's in the later rounds, but if I could have gotten any of my 3 QB choices in the second round I would have pulled the trigger.

LOL. I'm getting trade offers in emails. Just telling the league it's a waste of time making me offers until I (if ever) can get to log in, as there is nothing I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

No idea whether my team is good as I don't know the scoring rules.

I was on a plane, so auto-drafted. I am White Star Rovers.

I moved all RB's down my draft board as I heard to draft WR first three picks. Ended up with Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry and Demariyus Thomas.

I got an A grade, so I am calling myself the top dog.

Ya I went in for Rodgers first round. Kind of screwed me on WR though as I had to wait for around 23 picks before going again. I logged in just in time and jumped straight for Rodgers.

Mine came in as:

Draft Grade A+
    Projected Record 9-4
    Projected Finish T2

Obviously it doesn't mean much in the grander scheme of things but have to be happy with that for a start.

Thanks for the info. Mucho happy with the WR’s. Not too happy with RB picks in Forte and Jones as they both aren’t 100% yet. I wouldn’t have gone with Rivers at QB and would have shot for Rodgers, Newton or Roethlisberger. And not thrilled with Gates at TE. What happens when Gates lines up at WR as he did so often last year? Does he still get the same points? Texans defense would have been okay for the bench but I would have shot for the Broncos or Seahawks. And I think the Jets will have an killer defense this year, especially with the front line. And so many Raven’s on the bench? Would never have gone that way with them coming off a 5-11 season last year. When did Gano go?

Tight Ends score the same if they line up at WR. Just like Running Backs get points for receiving the same as receivers.

If any bears fans fancy a trade involving Jeffrey or White let me know. I got auto drafted both of them when I had loads of players in a queue ahead of them. Happy enough with my roster barring those two

MrKingsley wrote: »
    If any bears fans fancy a trade involving Jeffrey or White let me know. I got auto drafted both of them when I had loads of players in a queue ahead of them. Happy enough with my roster barring those two

Ouch. Kevin White in the 6th too :/

MrKingsley wrote: »

Not a Bears fan but would be interested in Jeffrey. My team is North East Pats.

• Advertisement

gerryfed wrote: »
    Ouch. Kevin White in the 6th too :/

Yeah hes essentially a rookie WR2 and is getting auto drafted in the 6th. I wanted a QB or RB aswell

Is it a bad idea to have two defences?

D9Male wrote: »
    Is it a bad idea to have two defences?
    Not in my opinion. If your main defense is going up against a good offense one week but your benched defense is going against a bad offense, then it would be a good idea to switch them out for that week. And you do it for the bye week also.

It is a waste of a spot, IMO. The differential between a good D/ST and a mediocre one is negligible so you can always pick something serviceable up for a week to cover your bye. You're talking about three or four points maximum, often less. For the cost of a chance to keep hold of a potential impact player at a proper position.

Thanks, lads. Think I need to read more about the whole thing. I also have two kickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I got Jay Ajayi on autodraft but now he's behind Arian Foster on the Dolphins depth chart. :(

I really don't like the new look Android app.

D9Male wrote: »
    Thanks, lads. Think I need to read more about the whole thing. I also have two kickers.

Again I'd say that's a waste of a space. But that's just my opinion and how I'll manage my roster. Amerika's idea is also a valid way to manage his roster. It's all just personal preferences.

Again I'd say that's a waste of a space. But that's just my opinion and how I'll manage my roster. Amerika's idea is also a valid way to manage his roster. It's all just personal preferences.

Some people don't have set defences and kickers and just stream them week to week, depending on the match-ups and what's available on the waiver.....not a bad idea imo.

I joined a Fantasy Football league many years ago, when it was in its infancy. Back then people scamed the system by creating two and sometimes three teams. That is what happened to me as it was evident by their ridiculous trades. By the fifth week most of the players quit the league due to this tactic, including me, and I swore never to play Fantasy Football again. Well, this year I decided to give it a try again... and it’s become obvious the Fantasy Football gods hate me. :mad:

Update
    I contacted NFL Fantasy Football over my inability to log in. They responded that they are experiencing numerous site bugs. They gave me things to try but none work as of yet. As of now they're still working on my problem.

I will provide some of their advice in case others start to experience some problems with the program:
    These types of site bugs are most often remedied by clearing browser history/cache, restarting the browser, signing in, and avoiding use of old links or bookmarks.
    Similarly, app problems are most often remedied by signing out, deleting the app, re-starting your device, re-downloading the app and signing back in. If the app came pre-loaded to your device, please attempt to uninstall and reinstall the updates. Clearing the app cache and data is another thing that sometime fixes issues on Android devices. If it is a location issue, make sure the location settings are turned on.
    Please disable or remove any ad-blocking software, extensions or apps as they may cause the browser or app to function improperly.

If you can see a league on the full site but not in the app or vice-versa, please be sure you are signing into the same account on both.
    Also, please delete/re-install the app on your mobile device. If you are using the full site, please clear your browser history/cache.
    If you have been signing in with your email address, try signing in with your username instead. If you've already been signing in with the username, try the email address.
    These two things are supposed to be linked and you should be able to sign in with either, but we've had reports of people getting into their leagues when they use the one or the other. Sorry, we're still working out the kinks of this new app.

• Advertisement

Not sure if I can comment on Carolina @ Denver right now, so I'll use spoiler tags.
    Very frustrating night to have Brandon McManus as your kicker. The Broncos lost possession at least three times in field goal range.

Not sure if I can comment on Carolina @ Denver right now, so I'll use spoiler tags.
    Very frustrating night to have Brandon McManus as your kicker. The Broncos lost possession at least three times in field goal range.

Pretty good night to have
    CJ Anderson
    ....:P

I left Cam on my bench last night:o

I left Cam on my bench last night:o

I spotted that alright. Nice one 👍🏻

Jofspring wrote: »
    I spotted that alright. Nice one ðŸ‘ðŸ»

The fact that I done it on purpose makes it all the worse! the Chicago secondary better be as bad as everyone is saying, expecting a big game from Brock

Edelman's projected points (6.10) haven't changed since Gronk was confirmed as inactive. Am I wrong to think Gronk's absence should increase Edelman's targets?

• Advertisement

Edelman's projected points (6.10) haven't changed since Gronk was confirmed as inactive. Am I wrong to think Gronk's absence should increase Edelman's targets?

Where you're wrong is to be looking at the projected points at all. They're generally way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AdamConnor7

It feels good to have NFL Sundays back!

I need miracles from my remaining players to win this week.

Not a bad week 1, unlucky that my opponent had a great week.

My team went frickin bananas, long may it continue (it won't, I know)! I was regretting taking a QB early in Luck, and regretted taking Cooks too... Fantasy eh?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement