Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 6 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I wanted to give him a few weeks to study the White Star Rovers playbook. I think he is ready to be thrown into the big league this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AdamConnor7

What times are the games starting at today? It says on the NFL app(That's set to Irish time) that they are kicking off at 5 but on all American websites that it's 1pm Eastern time which is 6pm here the normal time. I'm guessing it's 6 but I just want to make sure. I'd say the mixup on the app is probably to do with the clocks going back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

What times are the games starting at today? It says on the NFL app(That's set to Irish time) that they are kicking off at 5 but on all American websites that it's 1pm Eastern time which is 6pm here the normal time. I'm guessing it's 6 but I just want to make sure. I'd say the mixup on the app is probably to do with the clocks going back

its 5 Irish time because the clocks went back here, but dont go back in the US until next week. so theres only a 4 hour time difference between here and the east coast

phatkev wrote: »
    its 5 Irish time because the clocks went back here, but dont go back in the US until next week. so theres only a 4 hour time difference between here and the east coast

Ah bollox. I work till 5.45 every Sunday and I'm normally home in time to catch the opening kickoffs. Hopefully the Pats will have a 21 point lead over Rex and the Bills by the time I get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

100 points this week and I still didn't win. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

It's my first year playing Boards FF and will probably be my last.

Not a fan of the format / set up at all. Having 16 teams makes it very restrictive in terms of waiver pick ups etc. If you lose one or two of your early picks in the first few weeks it really puts the kaibosh on your season. Plus imo forcing the flex position to be a wide receiver only adds to the problem.

Will stick it out for this season in fairness to everyone else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

It's my first year playing Boards FF and will probably be my last.

Not a fan of the format / set up at all. Having 16 teams makes it very restrictive in terms of waiver pick ups etc. If you lose one or two of your early picks in the first few weeks it really puts the kaibosh on your season. Plus imo forcing the flex position to be a wide receiver only adds to the problem.

Will stick it out for this season in fairness to everyone else....

My first time too! I'm perfectly fine with the 16 team format, really tests the knowledge. But I do agree with the flex position. Would much rather it be be 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te and then 1 wr/rb!

Also, any one up for some trading?? :)

My team is the Forte Year Old Virgins! Hit me up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ahhh that moment when you remember you finally dropped Mark Ingram on the day he gets 29pts and replaced him with Derrick Henry who got injured and was inactive....

Had another running back on the bench get 14pts too.

Ahhh that moment when you remember you finally dropped Mark Ingram on the day he gets 29pts and replaced him with Derrick Henry who got injured and was inactive....

Had another running back on the bench get 14pts too.

• Advertisement

I like the format of the league too. I am in a smaller league, and I love how deep we have to go when there are 16 in the league.

I have no issue with having to play 3WR, but I wouldn't mind if it were flex either.

D9Male wrote: »
    I like the format of the league too. I am in a smaller league, and I love how deep we have to go when there are 16 in the league.

I have no issue with having to play 3WR, but I wouldn't mind if it were flex either.

I'm just annoyed cause I'm stocked at RB (Ware, Blount, Johnson & West), but **** enough at WR haha. Grinding out wins though so can't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Can understand the lack of a flex because there are so few playable RBs that it would be ridiculously easy to ruin a 16 person league with people stashing them. My issue is more the waiver order. I was doing pretty well early so it wouldn’t have helped me but it should really be set to the reverse order of standing as it keeps the league a lot more even than the leaders being able to stash their pick and pick up the top additions.

Barring a miracle this week I’m going to lose to someone with 4 players on a bye in their starting lineup. Mariota, Murray, and Gordon killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Can understand the lack of a flex because there are so few playable RBs that it would be ridiculously easy to ruin a 16 person league with people stashing them. My issue is more the waiver order. I was doing pretty well early so it wouldn’t have helped me but it should really be set to the reverse order of standing as it keeps the league a lot more even than the leaders being able to stash their pick and pick up the top additions.

Barring a miracle this week I’m going to lose to someone with 4 players on a bye in their starting lineup. Mariota, Murray, and Gordon killing me.

Yeah thats me. I completely forgot to change my team this week. I couldnt believe it when I saw the scores. Apologies

How do the seedings work?

My team (White Star Rovers) dropped from 4th seed to 6th seed in spite of:

Putting up the highest score this weekend (123 points)
    Having the joint best record (6-3 on season)
    Having the second best points scored record for the season
    Having the best points differential for the season

In fact when I look at the playoff schedule, my team is not even there. All seems weird to me, but I am new to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

How do the seedings work?

My team (White Star Rovers) dropped from 4th seed to 6th seed in spite of:

Putting up the highest score this weekend (123 points)
    Having the joint best record (6-3 on season)
    Having the second best points scored record for the season
    Having the best points differential for the season

In fact when I look at the playoff schedule, my team is not even there. All seems weird to me, but I am new to this.

For rankings it works like NFL with divisions. It’s because #1 is in your division it means that everyone that tops the other divisions are ahead of you in the playoffs.

The tie for equal record is initially head to head record, did you lose to the guys who are ahead of you for #5 and #6 in the playoff bracket?

gerryfed wrote: »
    I'm just annoyed cause I'm stocked at RB (Ware, Blount, Johnson & West), but **** enough at WR haha. Grinding out wins though so can't complain!

Lol, you're some head wrecker...you've been plaguing me with trade offers for weeks and when I finally accept one you cancel it!

Lol, you're some head wrecker...you've been plaguing me with trade offers for weeks and when I finally accept one you cancel it!

Hahahaha apologies, if it makes you feel any better I pester everyone in all 6 of my leagues with trades 😠I honestly think it's the best part of fantasy!

What trade did I cancel though?! If you accepted it, I can't cancel it! If you're the guy with Moncrief, you accepted that trade so I cancelled my offer for Baldwin as they both included West. Can only trade him to ya once 😉

Hahahaha apologies, if it makes you feel any better I pester everyone in all 6 of my leagues with trades 😠I honestly think it's the best part of fantasy!

What trade did I cancel though?! If you accepted it, I can't cancel it! If you're the guy with Moncrief, you accepted that trade so I cancelled my offer for Baldwin as they both included West. Can only trade him to ya once 😉

You're right - my mistake. The accepted trade is proceeding. My RB woes have led to me cracking on Moncrief - hopefully it works out for us both! :P

I. Won. A. Game. Go. Me.

• Advertisement

Note to self: No matter what the matchup is... Cutler gonna Cutler :/

Anyone fancy Dak? Im after being killed by Jeffreys suspension so would be looking for a WR1

I put in Marty Bennett over Jimmy Graham thinking Marty would have a big day out. Nope. :(

Trading for Gio Bernard did not work out well :(

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Trading for Gio Bernard did not work out well :(

Was thinking about that trade yesterday when I heard of the injury, tough break Beefy!!

By the way lads... Trade deadline is this Friday, Nov 25th! Forte Year Old Virgins always open for business :)

By the way lads... Trade deadline is this Friday, Nov 25th! Forte Year Old Virgins always open for business :)

What are you looking for Gerry?

MrKingsley wrote: »
    What are you looking for Gerry?

Ideally... willing to part with Blount or Ware plus a bench WR (Inman, Sanu)... For a top WR and playable RB.

In general, would be willing to part with Hopkins, Moncrief, maybe Cooks for players of similar value, preferably a WR...

And would be willing to part with Sanu, Inman, Green as part of any 2 for 1 trade scenario

Please don't send me through any D.Johnson trade offers unless it includes your first born child :):)

Ideally... willing to part with Blount or Ware plus a bench WR (Inman, Sanu)... For a top WR and playable RB.

In general, would be willing to part with Hopkins, Moncrief, maybe Cooks for players of similar value, preferably a WR...

And would be willing to part with Sanu, Inman, Green as part of any 2 for 1 trade scenario

Please don't send me through any D.Johnson trade offers unless it includes your first born child :):)

It was me offering you Dak for Cooks. My problem is that I dont have a WR1.

Have L Murray and Gordon as my RBs at the minute and if I was to part with either one itd be for a WR1 and then some

• Advertisement

Ah right! Not sure if you got my response... but that was a fair offer. But, I have Luck so can't give up a starting WR for another QB. Was just trying to get a cheap one week option haha :) Hmmm... let me have a look and I'll try send you through something...

I sent you an offer on the lines above. Hope it works for you :)

I sent you an offer on the lines above. Hope it works for you :)

I'm doing my best to get rid of Landry in my other league haha, can't put myself through owning him in 2!! Will send ya through something different in a bit hopefully, just waiting to hear back about another trade...

This must be what it's like to be a GM around the trade deadline in the NFL. Except this is far more important

I'm also very much open for business (Dillon Panthers). Two players I won't listen to offers for are Brady and Mike Evans. Other than that hit me up. Looking for a RB

Does the trade have to be agreed by end of Thurs 24th, or end of Friday 25th would you say??

Trade deadline just says 25th....

• Advertisement

Sorry Gerry but Gordon has been a beast for me throughout the season so the only way hes going is if its for an absolute star WR plus a serviceable RB. Thats why I was throwing John Brown into the mix

Sorry Gerry but Gordon has been a beast for me throughout the season so the only way hes going is if its for an absolute star WR plus a serviceable RB. Thats why I was throwing John Brown into the mix

Don't be sorry haha, we're all trying to get the best deal we can :) no interest in John Brown sadly. If I can trade for another solid WR, then we might be able to do a deal closer to what you want 👠Will keep ya posted!

Looking to trade Blount for a quality WR if anyone is interested.. RB5 for the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Serious love for Doug Martin in this league. He's an RB1/2, please make offers consistent with that. I already have plenty of middle of the road WRs, if you want him offer a WR1.

Serious love for Doug Martin in this league. He's an RB1/2, please make offers consistent with that. I already have plenty of middle of the road WRs, if you want him offer a WR1.

He's an 'RB1/2' so offer a WR1?... Doesn't feel like a good deal haha. WR1/2 might be fairer ;)

He's an 'RB1/2' so offer a WR1?... Doesn't feel like a good deal haha. WR1/2 might be fairer ;)

On average it is harder to find replacement level RB help than WR help. The 2:3 RB:WR ratio in this league makes it slightly more balanced but I would still rate RB over WR unless you're going into the very top of the WR tree.

But in general if you want a player you are usually going to have to give up more unless you believe the other team needs help due to injury, imbalanced roster etc.

• Advertisement

On average it is harder to find replacement level RB help than WR help. The 2:3 RB:WR ratio in this league makes it slightly more balanced but I would still rate RB over WR unless you're going into the very top of the WR tree.

But in general if you want a player you are usually going to have to give up more unless you believe the other team needs help due to injury, imbalanced roster etc.

You're still talking about an injury prone RB, who hasn't topped 10.6 points on the season, and is playing in a pass heavy team with no defence....

Good player clearly, but RB1 talk is a bit much. Plus you have two actually RB1's in McCoy and Murray so it's not like he's a starter for you, therefore loses value.

Plus free agents at both RB and WR are pretty much a dumpster fire so hard to say one position is more valuable in my eyes...

You're still talking about an injury prone RB, who hasn't topped 10.6 points on the season, and is playing in a pass heavy team with no defence....

Good player clearly, but RB1 talk is a bit much. Plus you have two actually RB1's in McCoy and Murray so it's not like he's a starter for you, therefore loses value.

Plus free agents at both RB and WR are pretty much a dumpster fire so hard to say one position is more valuable in my eyes...

Definitely fair but Martin has some track record/name value and all his back-ups are on IR, though Sims may be back in 1-3 weeks. He's only an RB1/2 due to this being a 16 man league tbh. RB also tends to have a higher attrition rate so having decent back-ups is more valuable.

Honestly, its more a case where I have plenty of below average to above average WR depth and thus don't really have interest in increasing my weekly selection headaches there. Thus the statement that I only want WRs who will be no-brainer decisions going forward.

Definitely fair but Martin has some track record/name value and all his back-ups are on IR, though Sims may be back in 1-3 weeks. He's only an RB1/2 due to this being a 16 man league tbh. RB also tends to have a higher attrition rate so having decent back-ups is more valuable.

Honestly, its more a case where I have plenty of below average to above average WR depth and thus don't really have interest in increasing my weekly selection headaches there. Thus the statement that I only want WRs who will be no-brainer decisions going forward.

Cooks is WR8 on the season... easily more valuable. Moncriefs season has actually gone pretty much identically to Martin's haha, that's why I felt he was more in that ball park.

Realistically, you're probably not going to play Martin, whereas someone like Moncrief/Hopkins could actually beat out one of your starting WRs. I would start him over Sanders(no tds), Boyd(rookie hit n hope), Jones (done nothing in weeks) and Funchess...

That's just me thinking out loud though... I have extra wrs and you have extra rbs in theory so thought i'd send through a few ideas

Cooks is WR8 on the season... easily more valuable. Moncriefs season has actually gone pretty much identically to Martin's haha, that's why I felt he was more in that ball park.

Realistically, you're probably not going to play Martin, whereas someone like Moncrief/Hopkins could actually beat out one of your starting WRs. I would start him over Sanders(no tds), Boyd(rookie hit n hope), Jones (done nothing in weeks) and Funchess...

That's just me thinking out loud though... I have extra wrs and you have extra rbs in theory so thought i'd send through a few ideas

Cooks is great on average but has one of the highest variances of an elite WR. As someone who drafted DeSean Jackson a lot last year, I am wary of those types. But in terms of value, you are right.

Moncrief would have been ideal a week ago (actually traded for him in another league though I have now moved him on in a mega-deal). Unfortunately, Luck is now in the concussion protocol and Moncrief's hamstring is playing up, though even without that he is part of 3-way competition with Hilton and Dorsett.

Honestly, your offers have been fair just not enough that I wanted to push the button. You can blame a combination of RB hoarding (RB flex being a default digs deep) and loss aversion tendencies.

Cooks is great on average but has one of the highest variances of an elite WR. As someone who drafted DeSean Jackson a lot last year, I am wary of those types. But in terms of value, you are right.

Moncrief would have been ideal a week ago (actually traded for him in another league though I have now moved him on in a mega-deal). Unfortunately, Luck is now in the concussion protocol and Moncrief's hamstring is playing up, though even without that he is part of 3-way competition with Hilton and Dorsett.

Honestly, your offers have been fair just not enough that I wanted to push the button. You can blame a combination of RB hoarding (RB flex being a default digs deep) and loss aversion tendencies.

I either added an injured Moncrief off waivers, or traded for him in 5 of my 6 leagues haha! Think that's why I'm OK with parting with him :P Dorsett has had 50 yards max in the last 6 weeks... but yeah TY is obviously a beast. Moncrief is a great redzone target though.

My team was pretty set.... until I traded Blount away, thinking that I had a seperate RB1 trade done and dusted... counted my chickens before they hatched I guess! Ware is a good RB2 in fairness... but bit more backup would be nice!

Yeah I must say I'm missing the RB/WR flex spot :/

I either added an injured Moncrief off waivers, or traded for him in 5 of my 6 leagues haha! Think that's why I'm OK with parting with him :P Dorsett has had 50 yards max in the last 6 weeks... but yeah TY is obviously a beast. Moncrief is a great redzone target though.

My team was pretty set.... until I traded Blount away, thinking that I had a seperate RB1 trade done and dusted... counted my chickens before they hatched I guess! Ware is a good RB2 in fairness... but bit more backup would be nice!

Yeah I must say I'm missing the RB/WR flex spot :/

Well hopefully C-Woke might come back in GB and save you. I know he carried me early on in a few leagues.

Well hopefully C-Woke might come back in GB and save you. I know he carried me early on in a few leagues.

It's a possibility alright... would love to wait and see, but trade deadline will have passed by then so just trying to get a contingency plan in order haha

I ended up holding onto Gordon based on the logic of cooks above. When he hits hes a monster but its just too infrequent.

Wares numbers are similar in that regard. 3 monster weeks but beyond that hes in the 6-8 points ballpark.

Im after picking up Goodwin off waivers so my team is set I think.

Dak is still on the trading block for any QB needy teams though

I ended up holding onto Gordon based on the logic of cooks above. When he hits hes a monster but its just too infrequent.

Wares numbers are similar in that regard. 3 monster weeks but beyond that hes in the 6-8 points ballpark.

Im after picking up Goodwin off waivers so my team is set I think.

Dak is still on the trading block for any QB needy teams though

Cooks double digit games - 5/10 (two of which were over 23 points)

Goodwin, Thielen, Roberts & Brown combines - 7/36

People need to stop acting like Cooks isn't a considerable upgrade on the majority of WR's out there haha

Cooks double digit games - 5/10 (two of which were over 23 points)

Goodwin, Thielen, Roberts & Brown combines - 7/36

People need to stop acting like Cooks isn't a considerable upgrade on the majority of WR's out there haha

Of course he is an upgrade on any of my recievers. Im not doubting that for a second.

But if your talking of an upgrade on my team for Gordon (who has failed to reach double figures only once - and that was 9.4 v Denver) then its not even close.

I was putting counter offers back because I thought I really needed a WR but im happy enough with what I have now

• Advertisement
Advertisement