Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 6 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I am in a perilous spot. Ekeler, Melvin Gordon and Kerryon J all injured. Tyreek Hill was quiet.

I am relying on two scat backs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So I need 17.9 points from Michael Thomas and Will Lutz against Carolina tonight, to make the final.

Thus far this year, they have exceeded 17.9 points 9 of their first 10 games, but none of their last three. :o I'll be hoping for a return to better form from both...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So I need 17.9 points from Michael Thomas and Will Lutz against Carolina tonight, to make the final.

Thus far this year, they have exceeded 17.9 points 9 of their first 10 games, but none of their last three. :o I'll be hoping for a return to better form from both...

It’s quite the nail biter alright. My two backup of backup rbs really trying to drag me through. I think I may have shot myself in the foot with my qb choice. First time I’ve picked Big Ben all season over Matt ryan. Since the falcons basically have nothing to play for I thought i was making the right call but turned out all wrong unfortunately.

Either way, best of luck tonight. I’ll be expecting a high scoring game between the saints and panthers. Can only hope Thomas doesn’t get too much love and it’s tds all game rather then field
    Goals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

Depending on Jared Cook tonight, I may lose the Championship because of benching the Ravens for the freaking Browns.

Let that be a lesson...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

Shuukaido wrote: »
    Depending on Jared Cook tonight, I may lose the Championship because of benching the Ravens for the freaking Browns.

Let that be a lesson...

In my mind packers were somehow a good choice for defence. Don’t know what I was thinking!

Good luck though. It’s been a great year. I’m still shocked to have got this far with the team I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

Wormy001 wrote: »
    In my mind packers were somehow a good choice for defence. Don’t know what I was thinking!

Good luck though. It’s been a great year. I’m still shocked to have got this far with the team I have!

Thankfully managed to hold onto that lead. Congrats for reaching the finals and Merry Christmas. Hopefully see you next year in Division 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Well done to the finalists. Waiver wire shrewdness pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Teams 1-12 decided by the playoffs and Teams 13-16 on their final standings. I guess next summer someone will use the list

Congrats to the champ and thanks to our commish for organising :)

I finished 8th which should be enough to escape relagation. There are a few here from 2017 Division 8 so might be seeing ye for a third year

Breesit
    ChickenDinner
    LuckyLloyd
    White Star Rovers
    Tralee Tigers
    Sherpa Lovers
    Ram Reid
    Larry Fitz Junior B
    The Big Gronkowski
    Candlestick MyFoot Up Your Ass
    The Enigmas
    Flacc & Cheese
    Freak Party
    Bears for Sam
    Tipperary Titans
    Snowflakes

Top four go up right?

Oh and thanks again to the commish for organising.

And well done to the finalists for great seasons both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Top four guaranteed to go up

Depending on dropouts a few more may go up too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, Please post in the below thread if you are playing this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992879

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭BarryC21

Are we reviving this thread for D6?
    Thanks to m4gu1r3 for taking up the commish role!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Div 6 is where the real competition is at. Roll on draft day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I see there are still 5 places left open in our league. Any word from these people commissioner? Less than 3 weeks until the first game of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Looking forward to another fun season... bring it on

Looks like everybody has their team registered! We have a league!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 m4gu1r3

Apologies, I've been neglecting this thread.

League is full now.

Here is the poll for the draft date.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5d51d287e4b02fae1ddb2413

I'll put up another for draft time, from my experience 10 or 11 in the evening works best.

m4gu1r3 wrote: »
    Apologies, I've been neglecting this thread.

League is full now.

Here is the poll for the draft date.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5d51d287e4b02fae1ddb2413

I'll put up another for draft time, from my experience 10 or 11 in the evening works best.

Fair play Niall!

If there's anybody on the fence that can draft on a number of those dates, if you could see it in your heart to vote for Monday the 2nd, it would be much appreciated as it's the only date I can draft! I know others are gonna be in the same boat for other days but I'm just throwing it out there!

• Advertisement

Voted there!

BarryC21 wrote: »
    Fair play Niall!

If there's anybody on the fence that can draft on a number of those dates, if you could see it in your heart to vote for Monday the 2nd, it would be much appreciated as it's the only date I can draft! I know others are gonna be in the same boat for other days but I'm just throwing it out there!

I saw this after I voted. I can draft any day as long as we are going with the 10 or 11 pm draft time. I forget which day I voted for though!!

Vote is in, thanks again Niall

Hoki wrote: »
    I saw this after I voted. I can draft any day as long as we are going with the 10 or 11 pm draft time. I forget which day I voted for though!!
    Yeah if it's 11 I'm happy to do any day

Not everyone has voted yet but I think 2nd September wins anyway.

11 seems to be popular for a draft time but here is a poll for the draft time anyway

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5d5d55cde4b02fae1ddb456e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭rogeyspoint

My vote in for date & time. Thanks Niall.

• Advertisement

Not everyone has voted yet but I think 2nd September wins anyway.

11 seems to be popular for a draft time but here is a poll for the draft time anyway

Brilliant stuff, thanks Niall!

Next vote in now.... roll on 2nd September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

3 more to vote for a time I think is it? If 9pm gets 1 more vote the other 2 will be irrelevant though if my maths are right?

Still waiting on 2 votes for the draft time. It could still be 9PM or 10PM so I cannot set the time until we get those votes.

1 vote left and it's a tie between 9PM and 10PM.

Let's hope the season is as exciting as this draft time poll...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I don't remember voting so I've voted for 10pm. :)

And the winner is...

Monday 2nd September @ 10PM

Exciting stuff!

I'll set the draft date and time now. Everyone get studying!

And the winner is...

Monday 2nd September @ 10PM

Exciting stuff!

I'll set the draft date and time now. Everyone get studying!

How long before the draft begins do we know the draft order? Is it when we enter the draft room? I forget how long before it was last season. Cant wait!

The setting is on random so we can all enter the draft room 30 minutes before the draft time and the order will be displayed then

I'll be autodrafting until about 10:05 so very likely to be missing my first rounder :( Will set an order and end up with someone decent hopefully.

Looking forward to it! :)

Happy enough in the end, had 3 autopicks because I missed my first and then disconnected...

Draft grade B, projected to finish 6th with a 7-7 record. Huge pinch of salt with these draft grades after I was predicted to finish 1st last season but ended up outside the top 10!
    Anyone get redirected to someone else's team when they click on their draft report? Because I certainly did!

Hoki wrote: »
    Draft grade B, projected to finish 6th with a 7-7 record. Huge pinch of salt with these draft grades after I was predicted to finish 1st last season but ended up outside the top 10!
    Anyone get redirected to someone else's team when they click on their draft report? Because I certainly did!

Hmm I haven't got my grade email yet, they can be a bit all over the place though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

They gave me a B grade, but then say I'll go 4-9! Hardly worthy of a B!

• Advertisement

I got an A, projected 12-1....
    Time to sit back and do nothing but watch the Benjamins roll in

Ah found it, B, 9-5 and projected 5th...

I'm after getting a second email over an hour ago saying my grade is now a C+ with a projected record of 5-8 and finish of T10th!
    Once again when I click on full draft recap it brings me to The Beefs team not mine. Shambles, should move it to Yahoo next season!

Yeah I got my mail there but it's definitely for me and same results too.... I don't think there's a good platform out of all the main ones, Yahoo crashed mid-draft for people this year, and auto-drafted away after it did

Praying that zeke comes back tomorrow as if he doesn't I'm in some serious trouble at running back ive only got 2 backups behind him

Praying that zeke comes back tomorrow as if he doesn't I'm in some serious trouble at running back ive only got 2 backups behind him

Smells like trade value :cool: The Cromartie Kids are always open for business...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I've his backup on my bench. Might be valuable if he isn't back soon...

DBIreland wrote: »

I was late to the party but he was the first name i looked for as a bit of insurance

DBIreland wrote: »

I think Zeke will be back by week 2 at worst meaning Mr.Pollard will be on the waiver wire by week 3 :D

• Advertisement

Hollywood Brown on my bench. I'm sick.

Advertisement