Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Next weeks matchup between myself and WDForte could well pick which of us goes to the playoffs and who goes home.
    On a weekly matchup WDForte leads 6-5, but that last W was this weeks which he won by 0.04 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

I just noticed the playoff format. It seems like The Islanders will be in no matter what, because they'll win that division, which mean there are 3 6-5 teams and 3 5-6 teams fighting for the last spot. Depending on results this week, next week could be really interesting.

Actually, if Ratoath Renegades win out and The Islanders lose these last 2, then we could have a sub .500 team as the #4 seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

CJC86 wrote: »
    I just noticed the playoff format. It seems like The Islanders will be in no matter what, because they'll win that division, which mean there are 3 6-5 teams and 2 5-6 teams fighting for the last spot. Depending on results this week, next week could be really interesting.

Actually, if Ratoath Renegades win out and The Islanders lose these last 2, then we could have a sub .500 team as the #4 seed.

Yes, but then they'd have to face a currently 8-3 team in the playoffs to have a chance at promotion.

That's playoff football for you.

Damn, just noticed that I lost last week.

They changed Arian Foster's stats for some reason, pushed me from a win to a loss. Bastards!

Trade deadline is tomorrow. If anyone is interested in picking up a high-upside QB, or an upgrade at WR, I have Kaepernick, Romo, Andre Brown and Sidney Rice on the block. Looking for a decent RB. Will do a two/three-for-one trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

BizzyC wrote: »
    Damn, just noticed that I lost last week.

They changed Arian Foster's stats for some reason, pushed me from a win to a loss. Bastards!

Woop woop! I slip up, you slip up! I think whoever tops our division gets automatic, second makes playoffs but has to play that extra game! C'mon B-men and Greystone Mariners!

Not necessarily.
    If Allie Cows and Decies Patriots win their divisions with a higher seeding then we'd both be in the wildcard.

On paper I have the more likely win this week, Allie Cows will be a tough team to beat.
    Next week though I have the in-form Greystones Mariners while my team has some tough machups, you have a very likely win.

This may come down to points...

Not necessarily.
    If Allie Cows and Decies Patriots win their divisions with a higher seeding then we'd both be in the wildcard.

On paper I have the more likely win this week, Allie Cows will be a tough team to beat.
    Next week though I have the in-form Greystones Mariners while my team has some tough machups, you have a very likely win.

This may come down to points...

Form may not be enough for me at this stage, but as long as there's a chance, I'll keep on plugging.

Form may not be enough for me at this stage, but as long as there's a chance, I'll keep on plugging.

Hmm, yeah you'll need a few teams to slip up to grab the last spot...

Wow, down 86-2. Good job Cowboys D#, good hustle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Lucky this week against Rathoath Renegades.
    Owner obviously not paying attention, if he'd played backup QB Sanchez instead of Big Ben and picked up almost any kicker from FA would've lost.
    Fingers crossed MJD and Harvin back for the playoffs now

Ugh, it's so depressing. I dominate this week, and have a very strong bench, but because B-Men and SuperChamps both look like winning and are playing each other next week, it looks like I'm out :(

This is probably worse than losing in my other league when all I needed from Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb was 18 measly points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ugh, it's so depressing. I dominate this week, and have a very strong bench, but because B-Men and SuperChamps both look like winning and are playing each other next week, it looks like I'm out :(

This is probably worse than losing in my other league when all I needed from Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb was 18 measly points...

According to nfl prediction site I'm favourite still to lose if it makes you feel any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

with stewart's return questionable it looks like decies pats are gona lose their matchup allowing me to get number one seed with only one game left. With the top four playing teams with loosing records (as of now) any slip up next week will be crucial in the hunt for those two automatic promotion spots. The ulster division is the only one that is still live for that top spot with long time leader Won't com last certainly having the tougher of the two games against a resurgent Greyston Mariners

Perfect, Lynch missed his projected by 20 points and the same week Lawfirm has a breakout 20 point performance.

Not liking my chances of keeping top spot in my division next week.
    Greystones Mariners have been rampant the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

Looks like the playoffs start early. B-men (me) play SuperChamps is what is ineffect a play-in game. Winner gets into the playoffs. Loser goes home. :D

Thank God for that actually.
    You both beat me recently which means if both teams won and I lost this week(which is very likely), you'd both get the playoff spots ahead of me on our head-to-head results as tiebreak....

Your game is the only one left to decide a place, only other question is what the matchups will be for the other teams.

Projection gives me a 50-60 point victory next week solidifying the number 1 seed.

Queue 30 point defeat that usually accompanies these projected victories for me:-(

The only way that you wont achieve a bye week to the top 4 is if you lose this week and both myself and decies patriots win.
    I like your odds...

O I know ya was just commenting on the projections. It'll be hard for me to lose it but not impossible

• Advertisement

Ahhh brilliant, 3 waiver pickup requests and they are all unsuccessful.

I was 1 from 4...

I went 0 from 4 last week, but that just gave me a better waiver position for this week, so I got Greg Jennings.

Brees banked me a whopping 3 points last night....

I think my chances of beating the Mariners has just been locked in

Shock horror. Their predictions were spot on for Tony G. 58 yards and a TD. Can't say that I've ever seen that.

As expected, my loss this week turned into an ass kicking following Brees' Thursday night outing....

Talk about flopping over the line! Any time I get a big point projection like that I always tend to lose it so thankfully I got the win wit the late fg from Steelers. Watch as I get pounded out in semi's by a clear 30 points though :-(

If things play out as expected for the rest of this week, the playoff picture should be:
    (1) Allie Cows - Bye
    (2) Decies Patriots - Bye
    (3) Wont Come Last vs. (6) B-Men
    (4) The Islanders vs. (5) The Chain Reactions

This is assuming that Decies QB and 2 RB's can muster 13 points between them and that the Giants D doesnt score -2 points.

And also that Victor Cruz doesn't go on a rampage and net me 42 points tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

If things play out as expected for the rest of this week, the playoff picture should be:
    (1) Allie Cows - Bye

This is assuming that Decies QB and 2 RB's can muster 13 points between them and that the Giants D doesnt score -2 points.

And also that Victor Cruz doesn't go on a rampage and net me 42 points tonight....

As a Giants fan, playing against the Giants defense, I'm hoping for a final score of Giants 63 Redskins 56..........

• Advertisement

(1) Allie Cows - Bye

:( I obviously got my team together too late... 3 losses where one change from my bench would have made the difference... I'd imagine you guys are happy enough that I didn't make it in on current form, I'll just have to win the consolation playoffs now!

Advertisement