Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 6 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

In Exile wrote: »
    The later the better for me! Saves me having to get up way too early!

9 pm Ireland start any day would suit me as it means a 6 am start for me and I could nearly make it to work on time afterwards!

9pm sounds good to me.

Then pick some dates and do the poll i reckon...if ya wanna see what dates the other divisions are choosing then copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Any word on what day is suited for the draft? Wednesday around 9 would be great for me or Thursday at 10
    BKWDR wrote: »
    9pm sounds good to me.

Then pick some dates and do the poll i reckon...if ya wanna see what dates the other divisions are choosing then copy?

Can't do anything yet lads, I'm still waiting on one person to join the league. We still have a few weeks yet mind so no need to panic.

Draft shouldn't take much longer than an hour, but most people will prefer it to be on around 8 or 9.

Whenever the league is finalised I'll go about creating a poll for draft dates and time.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Can't do anything yet lads, I'm still waiting on one person to join the league. We still have a few weeks yet mind so no need to panic.

Draft shouldn't take much longer than an hour, but most people will prefer it to be on around 8 or 9.

Whenever the league is finalised I'll go about creating a poll for draft dates and time.
    Sterling work out of you Adam!

Alright folks, the league is now full so we can get going with selecting a draft date. I've set up a poll at the following link so if everyone could select every time slot which would suit them, multiple selections are allowed and use you boards username.

http://doodle.com/v5m4v5r2v6mbhny9

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Cheers Adam
    Alright folks, the league is now full so we can get going with selecting a draft date. I've set up a poll at the following link so if everyone could select every time slot which would suit them, multiple selections are allowed and use you boards username.

http://doodle.com/v5m4v5r2v6mbhny9

Left at the mercy of Autodraft this year. Hello 5 kickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

That happened me last year.

I was around for the first 8 or 9 rounds but had to go to work.

Logged on in work to see I had drafted both Stephen Hill and Santanio Holmes, another FA receiver who I can't remember and 2 kickers

It's tough to get a time that suits everyone unfortunately.

It's a lot of effort but if you're up for it I think you can set up you draft preference order and then you'll auto draft based on that and not the NFL.com rankings. It might help avoid injured players and multipe WR/RB 3's.

Ah not to worry its impossible to suit everyone :).
    I select Aaron Hernandez with the first overall pick anyway just in case I get it :P
    Don't even have any mates that know about football to do it for me, probably better off with autodraft to be honest.

• Advertisement

By the way everyone I'll leave the poll open until Tuesday/Wednesday but it looks like it'll be Monday the 1st at 9. I've noticed a couple of people have voted who shouldn't have so I'll be discarding those.

By the way everyone I'll leave the poll open until Tuesday/Wednesday but it looks like it'll be Monday the 1st at 9. I've noticed a couple of people have voted who shouldn't have so I'll be discarding those.

Sounds good to me!

How is anyone preparing for the Draft?

As in im looking at the preseason games and venturing onto one or two of the depth charts for the teams. Im trying to find the not so obvious picks

I have a system that has worked well for me the past two seasons since I've adopted it but not going to give it out here .......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

My (obviously winning) strategy from last year was to do basically no preparation whatsoever and wing it on draft night.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    My (obviously winning) strategy from last year was to do basically no preparation whatsoever and wing it on draft night.

Yeah was gonna grab a few beers and order take away myself.

Alright lads I'm calling the poll. The draft will take place Monday at 9 p.m.

• Advertisement

Can I go first? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

Monday at 9 p.m. sounds good to me.

I had my first draft there yesterday...12-team league and it was all over the place. I took AP at 3 and Jimmy Graham followed behind me...with Aaron Rodgers then behind him!

Madness.

First person who drafts a kicker gets the wooden spoon...

Adam, can you let us know Draft order, would like to do a mock draft before Monday night

Adam, can you let us know Draft order, would like to do a mock draft before Monday night

It doesn't randomize until half an hour before the draft time I'm afraid.

You'll just have to do 16 of them :pac:

• Advertisement

It doesn't randomize until half an hour before the draft time I'm afraid.

You'll just have to do 16 of them :pac:

If you want to do it properly you will need to do at least 32 to get it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I got an email there saying I moved up to Division 6.

'Butt Fumblers' reporting in.

Keno wrote: »
    I got an email there saying I moved up to Division 6.

'Butt Fumblers' reporting in.

Don't worry, you've always been in it. Draft tomorrow at 9 p.m.

Don't worry, you've always been in it. Draft tomorrow at 9 p.m.

Really?

I was sure I was in 7 last year.

F*ck it anyway. In bed with the flu. Not gonna be able to wake up for 6am tomorrow. Looks like an auto draft for me....

Really?

I was sure I was in 7 last year.

Basically all of 7 was promoted to 6 due to people in higher leagues dropping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

Just found out today that I've been bumped up to Division 5, woohoo!

Good luck to all those in six this year. :-S

#13 pick if round 1 not happy, had #16 last year draft gods do not like me

10th.

Hmmmmmmm, not ideal.

Who will go #1 ???

• Advertisement

Drafting #14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm in at #6. I always seem to have a pick in and around the middle - neither early nor late :(

Missed #1. Auto drafted Peyton. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone else having trouble getting into the draft? Mine wont load up.

Absolutely disgusted with that, dunno for the life of me how the app switched to autodraft, last three rounds up in smoke, after sitting through an eternity of full 90 second picks. Couldn't log in four the first three rounds either but the picks weren't bad then. Thems the breaks though, see ye for week one.

I totally forgot about the draft today because of the transfer deadline day and stupid sexy Falcao. I had to wing the draft. Peyton being auto picked as my #1 is no bueno.

Feck it, I have the Manning brother on my team. Lets do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Does anyone else find that the draft client constantly freezes as well? Fortunately for me, the only times where it happened when I was on the clock, the kicker and defense that were autopicked were the ones I wanted anyway.
    Sounds like it really screwed yours up Realt! :(

kingcobra wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that the draft client constantly freezes as well? Fortunately for me, the only times where it happened when I was on the clock, the kicker and defense that were autopicked were the ones I wanted anyway.
    Sounds like it really screwed yours up Realt! :(
    Meh, I'm sure if it hasn't I'd have found a way to screw it up manually.

Really wanted locker as back up though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I totally forgot about the draft today because of the transfer deadline day and stupid sexy Falcao. I had to wing the draft. Peyton being auto picked as my #1 is no bueno.

Feck it, I have the Manning brother on my team. Lets do this.

Same thing happened with me. Unless a few players have made serious improvements in the off-season, I think I could be a soft match for a few weeks at least...

• Advertisement

My projected season record is 2-11 finishing in 16 place , not good, draft position did not play well for me kept missing targets in all rounds ..... But who trusts projections.....Now it's time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you.

NFL.com likes my draft an awful lot less than I do. I was pretty happy with it but supposedly I'm headed for a 4-9 season! Ah well, projections be damned.

Left 9.4 points on bench and will probably cost in the W, new nfl game app does not update player status and newsreel like it used too

Anyone want to trade for a decent running back? Autodrafted ray rice as my rb1

Anyone want to trade for a decent running back? Autodrafted ray rice as my rb1

Actually not a bad RB!

Whats your team name? I see Ray is gone to FA so i can't find who you are on it

I'm Tig Besticles, yeah Rice is great when he's on the field and not suspended indefinitely. All decent offers considered.

• Advertisement

I'm Tig Besticles, yeah Rice is great when he's on the field and not suspended indefinitely. All decent offers considered.

I meant not bad for an auto draft

****ing Peterson...I think that's me done.

****e, totally forgot to swap out Peterson, zac Stacy warming his arse on my bench with enough points to give me a shot at the win. I hate fantasy football.

RG III lasted 5 quarters this year....what a draft pick. Anyone looking to offload reserve QB's?

RG III lasted 5 quarters this year....what a draft pick. Anyone looking to offload reserve QB's?

Who you looking to trade?

• Advertisement
Advertisement