Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare-Malahide

Options
  • 21-07-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

I might get a chance to start work placement in Malahide, but obviously i live in Kildare Town. I can get there by car (it would be expensive) or train to Heuston and than Luas to Malahide (feeder ticket). Any suggestion about cheapest way to get there? How much it would be for feeder ticket? Anyone of You are going in that direction by any chance :) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

asgaard wrote: »
    I might get a chance to start work placement in Malahide, but obviously i live in Kildare Town. I can get there by car (it would be expensive) or train to Heuston and than Luas to Malahide (feeder ticket). Any suggestion about cheapest way to get there? How much it would be for feeder ticket? Anyone of You are going in that direction by any chance :) ?

The LUAS doesn't go to Malahide. You'd have to get off at Connolly and get back on a train. It'd be a fairly hefty commute, time wise, that way. I haven't a clue about cost.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tax saver.ie will give you an idea of the cost of commuter tickets.
    Dart.ie will give you a. Idea of the dart times and frequency for Malahide,as not all darts go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Dart.ie will give you a. Idea of the dart times and frequency for Malahide,as not all darts go there.

And more than just Darts go there. Some Northern commuter line trains also serve Malahide.

If you can afford it probably best to drive. Drive is probably about 45 minutes.

Other thing to consider is if the work is near the train station as some parts of Malahide would be 30 minutes walk from the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

It takes 2 hours by train/dart to get to Malahide http://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie/bin/query.exe/en?OK#focus , but don't know the total cost of travel (return-monthly) and will they accept student card?

You'll need a student travel card.

What size engine would you be driving and is it diesel or petrol? Can give you an approx weekly petrol price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    You'll need a student travel card.

What size engine would you be driving and is it diesel or petrol? Can give you an approx weekly petrol price.
    Thanks for help, but will pass on this. It would be to far&expensive. Colleague of mine will take it. He is ready to move in to Blanch.
    Thanks for help.

Advertisement