Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with travelers

• 21-07-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Lets see if the people of this board can help me out with my problem. For fours years now i've a problems with Travelers who live up the road from me knocking on my door & running off. Sounds trivial & childish i know but i'm sick to death of it. Not only because of the time frame but its not only the kids during the day, its the adults as well who think its funny to ring my doorbell at 1am-3am in the morning every time they come home from the pub. I live in my home alone along with my 5 year old son who is constantly woken up with their childish behavior & i'm desperately trying to hold myself back before i snap & go medieval on them. A fight that i will loose because there are so bloody many of them to confront. As you can imagine there a few choice racist words that i want to say but i really don't want to stoop to their level so i thought someone here might have some ideas on how i can deal with the problem. Just to give you an idea, i've even had their so called father pressing on my doorbell at 2am. I opened the window to find this drunk traveler shouting up at me asking me to drop him home because he couldn't walk. My patience has run out with these so called Irish people & i'm desperate for suggestions. Anyone know how i can rig up my doorbell at night to give them a shock? Dis-enabling my doorbell is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

little switch on your doorbell line inside, would let you turn off the doorbell during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

little switch on your doorbell line inside, would let you turn off the doorbell during the night.

enough of that non-violent resolution craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Get a German Shepard, problem solved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Give Padraig Nally a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Burn down your house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Rig it up to about 10 C4 and a trip wire outside it then ............BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RedHeaded

There is no switch inside other than unscrewing the plate on top. The problem is if i do turn it off this way i'm afraid they would start banging on the door and have them bang on my door at 2 am would terrify not on myself but my son.
    madcabbage wrote: »
    Get a German Shepard, problem solved!

My garden is too small for a dog beside he would eat my cat.
    Pushtrak wrote: »

Not thats the style ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

They knock at our door every day asking can they cut our grass. Even after we cut it ourselves it's still every single day, it's highly annoying. You hear them before you see them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hook up a diy wireless cctv camera. Cheap and easy to fit.

Contact your local community Garda and give times and dates of harassment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement