Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Barefoot" running shoes

Options
  • 21-07-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in Galway that stocks "Barefoot" running shoes? Trying to get something along the line of the Merrell Road Glove.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-us/Product.mvc.aspx/26342M/60840/Mens/Barefoot-Run-Road-Glove

Have checked the usual Lifestyle, Champion and and Elverys and no luck ( Not that I really expected them to stock these types of shoes)

Had a look on the site for amphibian king in Oranmore but they don't seem to have anything like what I'm looking for.

Can order online, but would prefer to buy them locally if possible

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

There is a shop in Oranmore "Amphiking"? "Amphibianking?" that has the agency

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I actually saw these somewhere in town last weekend - so they do exist here.
    Will post if I can remember where.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

amphibian king oranmore have them, got some trail shoes there a few weeks ago, staff very helpful and professional, they have a web site worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lilonocks

Perhaps Great Outdoors might have them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

biko wrote: »
    I actually saw these somewhere in town last weekend - so they do exist here.
    Will post if I can remember where.

I think I recall seeing them in schuh on shop street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭tphase

If these are the ones you're looking for, I think I saw them in Great Outdoors a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I would be surprised if they were unavailable in either river deep or outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

What size are you looking for? I got a present of a pair of Vivo barefoot size 45 EU, about 10.5uk. I have them for sale on Adverts.

Could meet and try them if you want

Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

Cheers all!

tried Shuh after I posted here, they stock the Merrell Trail Glove which is a little bit different to what I'm looking for. Will try Great Outdoors and River deep, Thanks!

Hi Dineenp, 10.5 would be a little too big on me, thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

You really should try Amphibian King they will be the best equipped to find you the best shoe as its their niche market. Thye definately have the 'barefoot' style shoes

• Advertisement
Advertisement