Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL delivery problem

Options
  • 21-07-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Was expecting a delivery from them yesterday or maybe monday, got home no sign so I checked the DHL website. The tracking page on their website said it was delivered so I requested a proof of delivery/statement of final status document which got emailed straight away.

The name on the document I have never heard of, I'm new to the area so don't know many of the locals, so I tried the two nearest neighbours to see if they knew anything-or anyone local by the name.

So I called DHL who said the item was delivered, but noticed that the phone number for the receiver (me) on the delivery slip was wrong so the delivery guy might not have been able to contact me. They will open a case on Monday to resolve.

Would I be right to assume they were completely wrong to chance their arm by delivering it to a neighbour, surely they should only hand it over to the person named on the package?

Looks like I put the phone number into the vendors website incorrectly by mistake, should that matter?

Who is responsible if its lost?

Many thanks in advance

G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

well the first thing you should do is meet the driver at a destination you both know close to where you live and get him to show you where he delivered it, that might help somewhat in getting to the bottom of the situation, he could also identify the person who signed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Would I be right to assume they were completely wrong to chance their arm by delivering it to a neighbour, surely they should only hand it over to the person named on the package?

Not sure if DHL have the same policy as An Post ,

But An Post do not deliver mail to the person named on the package .

They deliver to the address on the package .

DHL have on occasion asked me to sign for packages for another business premises , because the business was closed ( 1-2pm ) .

So I would agree that DHL are completely wrong and changing their arm as you said .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

true but if a signature is required the chances are that at least it will be at the right address if done by an post as the postie will be familiar with the area / route and also the residents. if someone signed for this package then it was at the wrong address from what i can read into it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I found it! I have two addresses with bendir involver-Pirelli-one billing address (family home place) and my current address, Both addresses were on the package, DHL went with my family home address, turns it the person who signed works in the local shop-know him for 20 years, but never knew his surname though!

I googled his name, got nothing so tried eircom phone book, one entry for my home place so chanced calling and then penny dropped, so happy days.

Just goes to show how wrong they can get it with deliveries. Turns out DHL only worry about addresses as well, so 'signed for' should really be 'any signature for', really it good enough for an expensive service.

Thanks for the replies all.

Advertisement