Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More than one CAO offer?

• 21-07-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I asked my careers teacher this, but she's not very reliable so I thought I'd ask again.
    Am I right in saying that if I get offered say my 5th choice in the first round of offers and accept it, that I can still get offered choices 1-4 in the following rounds?
    And I can then accept that offer, and decline the one I have previously accepted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I've been told that yes, that is the case. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I've been told that yes, that is the case. :)

Thank God! Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

biohaiid wrote: »
    I asked my careers teacher this, but she's not very reliable so I thought I'd ask again.
    Am I right in saying that if I get offered say my 5th choice in the first round of offers and accept it, that I can still get offered choices 1-4 in the following rounds?
    And I can then accept that offer, and decline the one I have previously accepted?

Yes, but once you accept and offer and decline the previous one, you will not be offered the first one again and you can't change back.

So Round 1 : Offered 5th choice and accepted
    Round 2: Offered 3rd choice, you decide to accept 3rd and reject 5th. You are now ineligible for 4th choice and 5th choice courses.
    Round 3 (and there are a few) Offered 2nd choice, can choose to accept and reject 3rd choice or stay as you are.

You don't have to accept a higher offer if you are happy with the one you already have.

So the golden rule with offers is that you can move up through your choice list but never down.

Advertisement